Ak.Ellet job open

I understand.
I like that he's young, played and coached at both Hoover and Mount Union, his teams at Fairless got progressively better every year and he seems to take an interest in building from the youth program.
Just sounds like a complete breath of fresh air for a very stagnated program.
Here what I can tell you about Sarbaugh. He has legitimately had as much talent as any PAC team for the last 4 years. The junior high team at Fairless is usually one of the best in the PAC and historically is either the best or second best behind Northwest. Unfortunately for Fairless when they get under the big lights these same athletes who were dominant a few years prior fail to live up to the expectations. I have seen it year after year at Fairless. I know junior high football isn't an accurate indicator or Friday night success but put those same Fairless kids with a coach like France or Larlham and they would have been lights out. He has consistently under achieved with the talent he had in that program the last 5-6 years.

I am interested in knowign who the other coordinators in APS haver applied. Interesting opening here,, I believe. New building, basically a new stadium with field turf and stands, a fresh voice in the kids' ears should bring some life back to the community and get parents back involved, or at least it could. Just thinking out loud here, seeing that it has been commented that APS is not overly impressed with the candidate pool, will they open up the deadline for candidate to apply again, or just roll with it? In my opinion., if there is not at least 3 candidates with the potential to be successful, they shouldre-open the job and possibly reach out to some that may not have applied, but they would want to apply.

As far as Pastor Pigskin or Money Ball applying, I have no clue who either are, but if they could do the job, I would support them!

123 kids,

With that description, I would think you were talking about Green. THey are always good at the lower levels of football, then up until this past season, they never translate over into success on Friday nights as varsity players. I realize Green loses some kids to the Hobans and StV, possibly even Walsh, CCC and STA, but not to the extent that they would be .500 every year. I think with that in mind, you gotta keep on searching. I also wonder if Ellet has any teaching openings for the new coach if they require one? I believe APS created jobs for Powers at Buchtel and Mitchell at Firestone.

I am interested in knowign who the other coordinators in APS haver applied. Interesting opening here,, I believe. New building, basically a new stadium with field turf and stands, a fresh voice in the kids' ears should bring some life back to the community and get parents back involved, or at least it could. Just thinking out loud here, seeing that it has been commented that APS is not overly impressed with the candidate pool, will they open up the deadline for candidate to apply again, or just roll with it? In my opinion., if there is not at least 3 candidates with the potential to be successful, they shouldre-open the job and possibly reach out to some that may not have applied, but they would want to apply.

As far as Pastor Pigskin or Money Ball applying, I have no clue who either are, but if they could do the job, I would support them!

Im sure the way they filled the position last time hurt them in getting a wider field of applicants.

They had several good prospects last go round, including coordinators from McKinley, Maple Hts and Strongsville along with Poder coming from Stow.
Vassalotti allowed Yost and the school principal to go with Shuman because he was "familiar with the program" over Poder and 30 something year old Ellet alum Mike Laktash. And oh by the way, Yost just happened to continue to to be on the football staff until Shuman's resignation.

I know it rubbed several applicants the wrong way and I know word gets around. Joe Vassalotti is reaping what he sows. He should have stayed in coaching, he's been terrible for APS athletics overall.

Here what I can tell you about Sarbaugh. He has legitimately had as much talent as any PAC team for the last 4 years. The junior high team at Fairless is usually one of the best in the PAC and historically is either the best or second best behind Northwest. Unfortunately for Fairless when they get under the big lights these same athletes who were dominant a few years prior fail to live up to the expectations. I have seen it year after year at Fairless. I know junior high football isn't an accurate indicator or Friday night success but put those same Fairless kids with a coach like France or Larlham and they would have been lights out. He has consistently under achieved with the talent he had in that program the last 5-6 years.

He's only been there 4 years, correct? That doesn't seem like enough time to underachieve.
Didnt they win their first outright league title in over 40 years.

Ill value your opinion though, I dont know the guy from a ham sandwich and I for sure dont follow Fairless football.
The def coordinator from Claymont sounds intriguing too. I dont believe he has ever been a head coach though.

123 kids,

With that description, I would think you were talking about Green. THey are always good at the lower levels of football, then up until this past season, they never translate over into success on Friday nights as varsity players. I realize Green loses some kids to the Hobans and StV, possibly even Walsh, CCC and STA, but not to the extent that they would be .500 every year. I think with that in mind, you gotta keep on searching. I also wonder if Ellet has any teaching openings for the new coach if they require one? I believe APS created jobs for Powers at Buchtel and Mitchell at Firestone.
Losing transfers has decimated Green in the past. Back in 2019 there were only 13 guys on the freshman team because about 10 transfered out. Green's football program declined mainly because they went from the Suburban league where they were one of the biggest schools to being one of the smallest in the Federal League. Before that, three coaching changes during the last 6 years in the Suburban League certainly didn't help.

Definitely a stupid move to get out of the SL, I agree. And more to my point, while Gree nmay have been one of the biggest schools in the SL, they very seldom had an impact in the League Title chase.

Here's the list of candidates that applied. No word on interviews.
Anyone familiar with these guys?
Most appear to be assistants.

Tyler Rex
Stephen Fasig
Shane Robinson
Ryan Canavan
Robert Manchester
Michael Tucci
Justin Blair
Joseph Cardinal
Adrian Daley
Charles Edwards
Dennis Keith
Devin Richardson
Dillon Randolph
Dylan David
Issac Williams
Jack Hannan

Here's the list of candidates that applied. No word on interviews.
Anyone familiar with these guys?
Most appear to be assistants.

Tyler Rex
Stephen Fasig
Shane Robinson
Ryan Canavan
Robert Manchester
Michael Tucci
Justin Blair
Joseph Cardinal
Adrian Daley
Charles Edwards
Dennis Keith
Devin Richardson
Dillon Randolph
Dylan David
Issac Williams
Jack Hannan
I believe Jack Hannan is the son of former Crestwood coach Tom Hannan and played for Streetsboro.

Lots of young assistants - I don’t know what the good people of Ellet expect, but there are a few names on there worth taking a chance on but more that should be right out before interviews start.

Guys I would interview for sure
Manchester
Fasig
Tucci
Randolph

Guys I would not -
Canavan
Richardson
Keith
Robinson

The rest I just dont know enough about.

Some intriguing names really. Not alot of head coaching experience but it definitely speaks to a youth movement and new culture at Ellet.

I recognize a few names, and Orangeman89 would not even interview one of his own former Ellet Qbs, huh? I just recall his name when he was at Ellet, Canavan, that is. Where had he been coaching, around the city?

I recognize a few names, and Orangeman89 would not even interview one of his own former Ellet Qbs, huh? I just recall his name when he was at Ellet, Canavan, that is. Where had he been coaching, around the city?
Canavan isnt ready.
Nice guy, needs to assist under someone for a few more years.

Guys I would interview for sure
Manchester
Fasig
Tucci
Randolph

Guys I would not -
Canavan
Richardson
Keith
Robinson

The rest I just dont know enough about.

Some intriguing names really. Not alot of head coaching experience but it definitely speaks to a youth movement and new culture at Ellet.
Why do you say not to interview those guys?

They must have ignored your advice, they will be interviewing 3 of the 4 you suggested not to. Not bad though, 25% accuracy on your part.
Of course, its the same group that thought Shuman was a better option than Poder 5 years ago.

I'd guess Canavan gets the job if I had to bet. More of the same at Ellet.