After football season is over, the Canton Board of Education will have to make a major decision....

After football season is over, the canton Board of education will have to make a major decision...

• Keep Antonio Hall as the Head Football Coach at Canton McKinley

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Let Antonio Hall go, Look for a new Head Football Coach for the 2022 season Canton McKinley

Votes: 28 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. You said the topic was Hall stay or go then you want to talk Timken merger. Can't keep moving the goal posts. You sound scattered. Worried about Green or what may lie ahead?

Lets see now...

At the time of his transition to interim head coach, Hall was the AD. McK then named an interim AD to replace him.

IMO, the Super and BOE should remove both interim labels, and move Hall back to AD.

Then the Super and BOE should ask the AD for his recommendation. Should McK hire the interim coach as the new head coach?

I'm typing this in only half jest....but the meaning doesn't change.

The Super and BOE officially have the final say, but in reality, its up to Hall himself. If Hall wants the job, its his.

But there is more to it than whether he'd rather coach or just run a department. An AD makes a lot of money. A coaching stipend is peanuts. So, if Hall wants the job, there has to be a viable set of musical chairs within the administration, so that Hall has one to sit in...which can be the basis for his salary.
Who is the interim AD. I never knew there was an interim.

There is no interim AD - Hall has done both jobs this season.
funny how we have loons that just swing from every and anything McK.

Not at all. You said the topic was Hall stay or go then you want to talk Timken merger. Can't keep moving the goal posts. You sound scattered. Worried about Green or what may lie ahead?
No sweetie, check again, YOU were talking about the merger, I simply corrected you.

There is no interim AD. Joe Bogdan, Lake’s former AD, was hired as Director of Athletic Facilities (might be the wrong position name but it’s something like that) before the Wattley situation happened. He has helped with some of Hall’s duties.

There is no interim AD. Joe Bogdan, Lake’s former AD, was hired as Director of Athletic Facilities (might be the wrong position name but it’s something like that) before the Wattley situation happened. He has helped with some of Hall’s duties.
He is a very good man and can handle everything if AH wants the McK job for many years to come, just my view...BAM!

To me it looks like the job is Hall's if he wants it which is scary to me. The only way it's not again IMO would be if somebody goes out and finds a big name coach, pay him big money and allows him to bring in some big name assistants. Somebody that's coaching at a private school that maybe looking at a public school pension if there still is such a thing. No matter who the coach is can we get Warren on the schedule in a home and home series every year?

Has he really had the chance he deserves? Considering what he inherited, it would take time to turn things around.

To me it looks like the job is Hall's if he wants it which is scary to me. The only way it's not again IMO would be if somebody goes out and finds a big name coach, pay him big money and allows him to bring in some big name assistants. Somebody that's coaching at a private school that maybe looking at a public school pension if there still is such a thing. No matter who the coach is can we get Warren on the schedule in a home and home series every year?
With the decline of attendance at the football and basketball games, how in the world would CCS be able to pay big money to a big name head coach and his big name assistants? What big name coach really wants to come into inner city Canton and deal with all of the problems that go along with inner city students and their families. 2021 CCS students are very different from CCS students in 1990. Just saying.....

With the decline of attendance at the football and basketball games, how in the world would CCS be able to pay big money to a big name head coach and his big name assistants? What big name coach really wants to come into inner city Canton and deal with all of the problems that go along with inner city students and their families. 2021 CCS students are very different from CCS students in 1990. Just saying.....
I agree. Times have changed. To me it's a no Brainer, you keep Hall. He represents the district well and given time he will be just what they need.

Last edited:
That was a GREAT hire,down the road it will be HUGE like Mighty Mouse came to save the day...BAM!

That was a GREAT hire,down the road it will be HUGE like Mighty Mouse came to save the day...BAM!
The only way anyone can save any day is if you have the right coaches. These kids nowadays will only play, and play well for coaches who they want to be up under. If not, Everything will stay mediocre or worse. Kids will attend another school whenever they choose to jump ship. Mck is living with that right now.

The only way anyone can save any day is if you have the right coaches. These kids nowadays will only play, and play well for coaches who they want to be up under. If not, Everything will stay mediocre or worse. Kids will attend another school whenever they choose to jump ship. Mck is living with that right now.
And open enrollment is not the answer because McKinley may get a few athletes, but will end up with more knuckleheads and bad apples from other schools.

And open enrollment is not the answer because McKinley may get a few athletes, but will end up with more knuckleheads and bad apples from other schools.
at this point how could open enrollment hurt? It can't make them go up a division, already in D1. It helps other schools to be open enrollment state wide. I can think of two schools off the top of my head that open enrollment helps the football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.