AFC Wildcard: Steelers at Chiefs (1/16) 8:15PM

Who wins?

• Steelers

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
We all knew this was going to be the outcome, so this is no surprise.

When Watt scored that TD I was like.....welll.......

Key moments:
*Decision to receive the opening KO. I was fine with the decision, but to come out with the same ole, same ole brutal offensive plays was poor. I get it, we needed to run the ball, but we needed to pass early to set up the run. Come out with no huddle, something different than what we did every first drive of the game that did not work all season.

^4:40 to go in the half. 3rd and short. Dropped first down pass, his second of hte game. Catch that, and at the very worst that happens is we have the ball a bit longer and the Chefs only get a chance to score 1 more time in the half.

*:13 seconds left in the half. That was the unofficial ending of the game when they went up 21-7. When a QB has a deep drop, moves around some and the receivers are able to get down field and get away from defenders is something the Stillers were missing the last few years of Ben's career.

If yall remmember right, our most effective passing offense with BR over the years was when he could scramble around, extend the time, and the receivers could run free.

I think the RB position is set for the next 3 or so years until he is wore out, and the WR corp I think is fine but when all the offense has is a quick attack, and the fade patterns, there is zero time for them to get into open space. Part of it was the OL, and part BR not able to do move, and part BR lack of arm strength.

Fact of the matter is, if BR was a Patriot BB would have released him 5 years ago and moved on. The offense will look much different with a serviceable QB.

I am unsure if the defense is as bad as it looked this year, but need to find some interior LBs. Bush, after his injury, has been a bust.

Bengals will be the stronghold over the North for the next decade. They are the new Steelers. Cleveland is Cleveland, they can mess up a one man parade, and the Ratbirds...not sold they are solid.

We will be fighting for a WC for the near future but this team is not as far away as one would think. I believe a QB changes the whole complexion of this offense. BR was good for a long time, and we appreciate all he gave to the city and franchise, but he stayed around too long. Doesnt mean I didnt get get a littly misty eyed in Pittsburgh two weeks ago when he took his lap around the field and walking up the tunnel with his wife and kids and last night as it ended, but it is time.

Congrats BR on a great HoF career. IF our next QB has half the success of you then, well, we will be happy.

The search is on for the next QB of one of the best organizations in the history of professional sports. The track record of the organization is top notch and Stiller Nation will sit back and trust they do the right thing.

I dont want to mortgage the future for a veteran QB to compete the next couple of years. KC looks unstoppable, but I wanna say in two years Mahomey's cap number reaches 50+ million. BUrrow will be looking for a deal in a few years. BUffallo.........

It may be a bit 'lean' for a minute but those three franchises above have top notch QBs. To think we can compete in the next 1-3 seasons is a fallacy so lets not give up the future for a quick reacharound next year. Do our due dilgence, rebuild this team and when Buff, KC, and Cincy get to salary cap hell in 3 years we are full of young, inexpensive talent.

From Trib today:

Final thoughts

Some things Steelers fans need to remember: While the organization would never admit it, this was Pittsburgh’s version of a rebuilding year. Only the Lions and Jets played more rookie snaps in 2021 than the Steelers.

Outside of Roethlisberger, this is a young team of guys under contract for next year, and the Steelers have a lot of salary cap space.

This was all by design and leads to what should be the most exciting (and crucial) offseason we can remember for this franchise.

With all that considered, was this a successful season? Yes. Is there a lot to address though? Absolutely.

Even though I’m upset the Chiefs won, I did kind of see this coming. I think 93% of people said Chiefs, 7% said Steelers? So kind of predicted it myself. Just hope the Bills can squash the Chiefs next week like they did with the Patriots this week!
I believe I was the only one who voted for the Steelers. 100% heart pick and zero % brain. This game went about exactly as I ( And mostly everyone on here ) expected

I believe I was the only one who voted for the Steelers. 100% heart pick and zero % brain. This game went about exactly as I ( And mostly everyone on here ) expected
If only they didnt drop the 3rd and 3 pass when it was 7-7 with 4 min to go in the half........

still prolly lose but if he makes that easy catch it is a different ballgame going into half and maybe, mjust maybe, they get a little tightass in that second half!

If only they didnt drop the 3rd and 3 pass when it was 7-7 with 4 min to go in the half........

still prolly lose but if he makes that easy catch it is a different ballgame going into half and maybe, mjust maybe, they get a little tightass in that second half!
Yeah, i see Dionte slowly but surely turning into Troy Edwards