Ads on this site

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
Frequently the ads on this site are of items I have been looking at on amazon or home depot. Creepy.

However they are also often of provocative ladies and headlines trying to entice you into an unbefitting clickbait slide show. "Country Pics That Are Too Hot", lol So I have been hitting the X and flagging the ad as inappropriate. It then says it will "try" to not show the ad again but the same ones keep coming up. What is the point of allowing you to close and flag an ad if there is no intention to change them?

However they are also often of provocative ladies and headlines trying to entice you into an unbefitting clickbait slide show. "Country Pics That Are Too Hot", lol
I think those appear regardless of your Google history, and the ones you can see aren't even cute. You'd think they'd show some butt cleavage or something.

Yeah, I see get the personally targeted ads when I've been looking up things to buy. But today I get one for a business line of credit, and another advertising gun holsters made from what looks like rich Corinthian leather. I guess I need to get a loan and go shopping, lol.

Facebook scam ads purporting to be group member posts are getting bad. One of our neighborhood pages has been inundated with air duct cleaning ads from India or Pakistan, and they want you to send them a PM, where the scam or virus starts. Some of them you can go to their individual page and see an Indian or Arabic name in the URL, but they'll swear up and down they've lived in the neighborhood for years.

Last edited:
The ads are cool
73FE2BE3-6665-4DA2-B768-1836390909A9.jpeg

I get my share of those clickbait adds but can not tell you what happens if I actually clicked on one.

Most of my adds are for vehicles, investment services and construction industry items such as roofing or plumbing fixtures.

I have recently gotten random ads for industrial pumps. I am not in a business even remotely related to something that would have an application for these devices. Wonder why???

I have recently gotten random ads for industrial pumps. I am not in a business even remotely related to something that would have an application for these devices. Wonder why???
Because companies like Meta track not only what you are interested in but also what others you associate with online are interested in and then surmise that their interest might be your interest. So in short, if your online friends search for something you are likely to get similar targeted ads.