Absent Season Ticket Holders

tofer23

2018 GMC & GCL Champs!
I posted a little about this issue in the "Official" thread this week, but I would like to hear from some of the Colerain faithful on this topic.

I am thinking that it might be time to reduce the size of the season ticket holders section to only the two center sections. The reason I think it is time for this is that it seems that the people in the outer two sections must have just bought the tickets as a way to support the team, because they sure don't seem to interested in coming out to see the games. In every game at home over the last couple of seasons, these sections end up being almost empty every game unless it is against a GCL team or it is a big league game.

What this causes is that all of the rest of the fans that go every week have to get to the game an hour and a half early if they want to get a seat in the stands, otherwise you have to sit on the visitor side or the hill, and stare at hundreds of empty seats in the reserved sections.

I think that if people don't intend on attending the games, give the boosters some money instead of paying for a seat that you wont use.

What say you?

Season tickets are guaranteed revenue. I buy them so I don't have to show up 2 hrs early to get a good seat. It also protects against bad weather games like we had Saturday night. Those empty season tickets that were pre sold would have probably been empty anyway without any revenue. I agree with you that I hate to see empty seats in prime locations when other fans have to settle for seats in the end zones or on the visitors side, but, it guarantees revenue when there is bad weather or when the team has a down year which fortunately we have been fortunate. Also, I don't think all of those empty seats in the reserved section are sold. I think some of them are available at the athletic department on a per game basis.

I dont know if you were at the game or not against LW but the stand were packed. I noticed many ppl who dont have season tickets sitting in the season ticket section because the outer sections were full.

I know myself shows up 90 mins before kick off to get a seat because I am not interested in standing.

I agree though, something needs to change.

I dont know if you were at the game or not against LW but the stand were packed. I noticed many ppl who dont have season tickets sitting in the season ticket section because the outer sections were full.

I know myself shows up 90 mins before kick off to get a seat because I am not interested in standing.

I agree though, something needs to change.

A lot of the seats in the reserved sections are sold as reserved seats on a per game basis. They are not all season tickets. I don't know what anybodies problem is. You all have the opportunity to buy season tickets every year if you don't want to show up an hour early to get a good seat. There is a large turnover in season tickets each year as kids graduate and their relatives give up their seats.There were plenty of top row seats available near the press box this year. I actually improved my location to get closer to the 50 yd line. It's not a problem.

I agree with GoCards, if it is a problem to get to the game early to get your seat why not buy reserved seats? That ensures you have a seat, in a better location, and don't have to worry about arriving early. Is there a specific reason you don't purchase reserved seats?

I dont buy them because my schedule doesnt allow for it. Now, if I could show up for every game then ya it would make sense to do so.

I dont buy them because my schedule doesnt allow for it. Now, if I could show up for every game then ya it would make sense to do so.

When you can't show up for a game just give them to somebody who can like I do. Don't complain about the people that are willing to pay for the tickets whether they go or not.

yeah,,,but are the empty season seats even paid for? If not, then reduce the season ticket section maybe.

I'm just hoping this is a problem that can be discussed next season. yes on 47

A simple phone call can answer a lot.

There are tickets in reserved section available. They are $1.00 more than general admission and can be purchased fro athletic office.

are season ticket holder seats open for the 1st round playoff game??

In the past they have given us the opportunity to purchase our season ticket seats for the playoff game. They will put them up to sale to the public if you don't choose to take them. Our reserved parking spaces are also good for the playoff game at no extra charge.