#8 Struthers @ #1 West Branch

Mr deshields is an absolute stud. Heard he picked up a Kent state offer. Nice. West branch wins region 13 easy. The other side of the bracket doesn’t offer any resistance.
They may win it. But it won’t be easy. Don’t let the 13 Seed fool you. Buchtel plays a non conference schedule that no one else in that region would even consider playing. They are battle tested more than anyone in that region by a long shot

I wouldn't consider trying to block a PAT a "dirty" Play... roughing the kicker was called and it's not like that penalty doesn't happen all the time,,, it just so happens that your kicker is you QB...

My take away from the game was our offense was just on a completely different level than Struthers had seen all year. That being said as good as it was that was probably the worst game i have seen Deshields play all year throwing the ball... All his throws were off tonight, and the ball was sailing on him I think it had to do with his injury.... That Interception he threw was 5 yards over the receiver's head who was WIDE open.... Defensively we still need to tackle better and keep outside contain. Again Deshields no playing defense doesnt help that either.

Struthers QB really impressed me though he was a heck of an athlete and quick, however 17 throws a better ball that TD he threw was beautiful. getting 7 into space would have been more beneficial for you guys tonight. 32 is a very solid player on both sides of the ball! I felt like Struthers Going for it on their own 35 the first drive of the game was very telling that they knew they had to outscore us tonight because he didn't like the odds of his D stopping our offense. Congrats on a great season and hopefully we will be seeing you guys next year again!

On to the Griffs ... GO GREEN !

I wouldn't consider trying to block a PAT a "dirty" Play... roughing the kicker was called and it's not like that penalty doesn't happen all the time,,, it just so happens that your kicker is you QB...

My take away from the game was our offense was just on a completely different level than Struthers had seen all year. That being said as good as it was that was probably the worst game i have seen Deshields play all year throwing the ball... All his throws were off tonight, and the ball was sailing on him I think it had to do with his injury.... That Interception he threw was 5 yards over the receiver's head who was WIDE open.... Defensively we still need to tackle better and keep outside contain. Again Deshields no playing defense doesnt help that either.

Struthers QB really impressed me though he was a heck of an athlete and quick, however 17 throws a better ball that TD he threw was beautiful. getting 7 into space would have been more beneficial for you guys tonight. 32 is a very solid player on both sides of the ball! I felt like Struthers Going for it on their own 35 the first drive of the game was very telling that they knew they had to outscore us tonight because he didn't like the odds of his D stopping our offense. Congrats on a great season and hopefully we will be seeing you guys next year again!

It was a few seconds after the kick and then the ensuing kickoff they went after him again. Say whatever you want, that was bush league. Best of luck to the warriors with the rest of region 13.

It was a few seconds after the kick and then the ensuing kickoff they went after him again. Say whatever you want, that was bush league. Best of luck to the warriors with the rest of region 13.
Seems very uncharacteristic for WB.. as far as the game goes Struthers played good enough offensively but just couldn't get stops which is tough to do against WB. Hopefully DeShields' knee keeps improving. It he can run close to normal they can hang some points on Buchtel.. I was really impressed by those WB sophomores

Lake will be playing next Friday so I doubt they want to host a playoff game on the same night

Divisions I, II, III, and V will be on Friday next week. Divisions IV, VI, and VII will be on Saturday next week. My guess would be Streetsboro or Ravenna over Lake, but Lake wouldn't shock me either.

Yeah I watched the replay of roughing call several times . 2 WB players collided and bounced into the kicker and barely grazed him and he flopped

Still blows my mind that glenville is in D4 with like 10 D1 players on it. Ill
Be dry happy if someone knocks them off

I’m more referring to the play west branch was penalized for on the kick off. Anything to say there?
I will be completely honest here.... I didn't see that hit... I just thought it was very interesting that they called a roughing the kicker on a kickoff.... I can honestly say I have never seen that in all my years of watching football!!! We are not known for that type of play.

I will be completely honest here.... I didn't see that hit... I just thought it was very interesting that they called a roughing the kicker on a kickoff.... I can honestly say I have never seen that in all my years of watching football!!! We are not known for that type of play.
This morning I am hearing the west branch coaches were very upset with the kid who did it so it’s not on them. Either way y’all have a very good team

Ah so nothing to say about the classless attempt. But Yes at the end of the game, they kneeled Congrats to west branch. They won the who gets to lose by 50 lottery to Glenville. 😁
They may have a tough battle with West Holmes- I think the state champ comes out of region 14.

This morning I am hearing the west branch coaches were very upset with the kid who did it so it’s not on them. Either way y’all have a very good team
To be honest in all of the years we competed against west branch I never recall them being a dirty team. Their sports teams are coached the right way- that absolutely doesn't make they perfect though!!

West Branch had 605 yards offense, 33 first downs and 54 points against an excellent Struthers defense that had been playing lights out the second half of the season and had only surrendered 79 total points in its previous six games combined. That's impressive.
Impressive- I was most impressed by the running game in the 2nd half- the running back is a fire plug- I think he is WBs first true running back in the las few years. The last 2 were really good but more like fullbacks or tightends- this kid can run! Too much fun now for WB to look to next year but they have some really good sophomores and a freshman at skilled positions. Going to be a force for a few years

Impressive- I was most impressed by the running game in the 2nd half- the running back is a fire plug- I think he is WBs first true running back in the las few years. The last 2 were really good but more like fullbacks or tightends- this kid can run! Too much fun now for WB to look to next year but they have some really good sophomores and a freshman at skilled positions. Going to be a force for a few years
Having the threat of desheilds will make any Rb look good lol

But yeah he ran well, good pad level, I think we started rushing three and just got gashed at times

West Branch had 605 yards offense, 33 first downs and 54 points against an excellent Struthers defense that had been playing lights out the second half of the season and had only surrendered 79 total points in its previous six games combined. That's impressive.
The offensive line was awesome. There were plays where I saw defenders practically pushed out of the stadium. I lost count how many tackles Mulinix broke, he is going to be a load the next 2 years. Of course Dru is Dru.

I didn’t see any dirty cheap shots in the game last night. Struthers can never just lose in peace. It’s always the other team is dirty or their coaches stink. Go Home Struthers.
You didn’t have to see it . It’s on the television. A penalty was called. It’s over. It was a classless move and the kid got reemed over it. But the cats didn’t lose bc of that one play, they lost because west Branch was better and has a great scheme and a great qb. But ya they have lost games bc of poor coaching decisions, you’re so sensitive about coaching criticism. I would tell you to go home but you’ve been home for two weeks. In d 7. In the worst league in the state. Bye

Last edited: