700 WLW

Police departments don’t chase anymore because of the danger and liability. That and because they hire chiefs who’ve been butt kissers their entire career and have no backbone
I'd say mostly if not all liability. Heard a story on WLW this morning where a criminal was in the back of a squad car and was mouthing off to the cop - saying all kinds of things and the cop tased him. The criminal just won a lawsuit for a million dollars. I mean...what message are we sending here? I'm not for cops going overboard, but you can't reward this kind of behavior with a windfall? And we wonder why people act like they do?

I'd say 75% of my listening to WLW in the summer months are Reds baseball. 15% Sports talk with Lance and the other 10% McConnell in the mornings, although I really only listen from about 7:45 - 9AM. Sloan is awful, Willie is ok for about 10 minutes, don't do much Eddie and Rocky and the guy on from 9-12, don't even know who he is. I'll occasionally tune into Ken Broo on Sunday mornings, but rarely.

I'd say mostly if not all liability. Heard a story on WLW this morning where a criminal was in the back of a squad car and was mouthing off to the cop - saying all kinds of things and the cop tased him. The criminal just won a lawsuit for a million dollars. I mean...what message are we sending here? I'm not for cops going overboard, but you can't reward this kind of behavior with a windfall? And we wonder why people act like they do?
The message we’re sending is that cops must be able to keep their composure as trained or there will be consequence. I’m sure the city agreed on $1M as it was an easy lawsuit to win and then a jury would’ve rewarded much more.

Got cussed out all the time when I was a cop as did my coworkers during transports to jail. Doesn’t give anyone the right to assault a handcuffed prisoner. Hopefully the officer was fired and criminally charged.

I used to listen to wlw non stop. Only thing I wouldn't was the bozo show at night

I found myself become a crotchety old unhappy get if my lawn fuddy duddy so I stopped with talk shows....from wlw to tv news to all talk shows

Remember the gimmicks the would run? Bozo dying every few years. Willy getting suspended by Helen Hayes which always ran concurrent to his vacations...to the time they were gonna switch freq wyg the local rock FM channel...webn maybe? That was at like 7am and the swapped for a bit and stated 700 was gonna only be FM in Cincy area and the webn using the 700 bandwidth. Yeah I knew t was fake but I still tuned in to hear how they do it

Our culture has been consumed with hacks like Rush, Tucker, hannity, lemon and others....o don't know many of the version of rush...

Tune away. Listen to music. You'll be much happier

I used to listen to wlw non stop. Only thing I wouldn't was the bozo show at night

I found myself become a crotchety old unhappy get if my lawn fuddy duddy so I stopped with talk shows....from wlw to tv news to all talk shows

Remember the gimmicks the would run? Bozo dying every few years. Willy getting suspended by Helen Hayes which always ran concurrent to his vacations...to the time they were gonna switch freq wyg the local rock FM channel...webn maybe? That was at like 7am and the swapped for a bit and stated 700 was gonna only be FM in Cincy area and the webn using the 700 bandwidth. Yeah I knew t was fake but I still tuned in to hear how they do it

Our culture has been consumed with hacks like Rush, Tucker, hannity, lemon and others....o don't know many of the version of rush...

I still listen to them when I have the radio on. Have since 1983.

As for watching or listening to things that get me in a foul mood, the news in general will do it. I stopped watching any TV other than football, and use streaming services to view exactly what I want when I want it.
The wife used to watch Fox News and i could not take more than a couple minutes of it. She finally has landed at same spot and stopped getting herself angry via people paid to hit hot buttons and keep you tuning in.

Being able to listen to sports talk radio around the clock has been a game changer for me. Loved listening to McConnell back when he was on 9-12. Mike is great at caller debating. I just can't believe WLW doesn't put him on from 9-12 or 12-3. He's being wasted with that choppy morning show.
AM talk radio is still mostly conservative and mostly mail. WLW has middle aged or older men on from sunup to sundown. I think the data would show that liberals listen to music and really aren't as informed as conservatives.
I listen to some music, but if there is a ball game (Reds) on or good sports talk, I'm listening to that.

Being able to listen to sports talk radio around the clock has been a game changer for me. Loved listening to McConnell back when he was on 9-12. Mike is great at caller debating. I just can't believe WLW doesn't put him on from 9-12 or 12-3. He's being wasted with that choppy morning show.
AM talk radio is still mostly conservative and mostly mail. WLW has middle aged or older men on from sunup to sundown. I think the data would show that liberals listen to music and really aren't as informed as conservatives.
I listen to some music, but if there is a ball game (Reds) on or good sports talk, I'm listening to that.
See....i cannot stank sports talk any longer either. Too much 'made up' controversies and to be quite honestly.....I just want to know the facts and less about talking heads opinions.

I will still contend that the best sports talk show in the tri-state was the Two Angry Guys (Skinner and Gamble) back probably about 10 years ago. They did kind of whine alot, but I thought their content and opinions were pretty good. They weren't trying to create controversy, they were just reacting to local sports issues.

I would be surprised if they took it off of the air for lack of ratings, because everyone seems to always bring it up as a show they enjoyed. But who knows. Mo is good, and honestly, it's probably time to get a fresh voice to replace Lance. He's had a good run but I can't see younger audiences tuning into him as he's kind of old-school and hokey.

See....i cannot stank sports talk any longer either. Too much 'made up' controversies and to be quite honestly.....I just want to know the facts and less about talking heads opinions.
I certainly can't disagree with you there. Colin Cowherd is entertaiting, but if it's not the Cowboys, Lakers, USC, he's all about front running and LA. If he were a commissioner there would be about 12 NFL teams.
Now, I think Lance McCallister does an awsome job staying out of the weeds. If you listen to his programs, he's always uber prepared, he has timely and local guests about all kinds of sports and he does not talk about the daily drag of sports talk. Really a gem for the city of Cincinnati.

I certainly can't disagree with you there. Colin Cowherd is entertaiting, but if it's not the Cowboys, Lakers, USC, he's all about front running and LA. If he were a commissioner there would be about 12 NFL teams.
Now, I think Lance McCallister does an awsome job staying out of the weeds. If you listen to his programs, he's always uber prepared, he has timely and local guests about all kinds of sports and he does not talk about the daily drag of sports talk. Really a gem for the city of Cincinnati.
B ut that Joy chick is nice to look at.........

I will still contend that the best sports talk show in the tri-state was the Two Angry Guys (Skinner and Gamble) back probably about 10 years ago. They did kind of whine alot, but I thought their content and opinions were pretty good. They weren't trying to create controversy, they were just reacting to local sports issues.

I would be surprised if they took it off of the air for lack of ratings, because everyone seems to always bring it up as a show they enjoyed. But who knows. Mo is good, and honestly, it's probably time to get a fresh voice to replace Lance. He's had a good run but I can't see younger audiences tuning into him as he's kind of old-school and hokey.
I did like the two angry guys, they were good.

Absolutely not on Lance. I challenge you to find a local sports talk show host who puts in the time he does, and is as prepared as he is. He covers every sport in the area too. I think Lance brings a different attitude about sports, and mostly a positive one.

B ut that Joy chick is nice to look at.........
I think Joy's time is running out with Cowherd. She's gone from the eye candy for Skip and Shannon's show to doing news with Cowherd. She's doing some of her own shows on the weekends and subbing for Colin, but she's very outspoken on social issues. These gals don't tend to have a long shelf life in that biz. She's become very polarizing. There is no shortage of attractive young women getting into sports broadcasting.

I think Joy's time is running out with Cowherd. She's gone from the eye candy for Skip and Shannon's show to doing news with Cowherd. She's doing some of her own shows on the weekends and subbing for Colin, but she's very outspoken on social issues. These gals don't tend to have a long shelf life in that biz. She's become very polarizing. There is no shortage of attractive young women getting into sports broadcasting.
Heard she has a show they are promoting. I may only see her once a month for few minutes so whatever she says/does is no matter.

Plus..she isnt the same ole skinny blonde that many shows run out there.

However........she does remind me of a Seinfeld episode of one of Jerrys gfs, that some itmes looks great, and others.....ugh. At times, and I think it is her hair, she looks amazing and others.....gross.

but WLW.........always fond memories. Loved the Burbank show from 3-6 back in the day. MConnel was always my fav as most sensible. Wily was just to get everyone fired up!

Since I got SXM over a year ago I am strictly the music I enjoy, and the Eddie Trunk show that talks rock.

Sports..still love to watch certain things but all the other stuff around it has me bored.

Absolutely not on Lance. I challenge you to find a local sports talk show host who puts in the time he does, and is as prepared as he is. He covers every sport in the area too. I think Lance brings a different attitude about sports, and mostly a positive one.
I agree he's prepared. But for me, some of his show just seems hokey. Like when he pulls out the "on this date" stuff, or "off the beaten path" - stuff like that just seems to be canned radio stuff. Not alot of ingenuity or creativity.

He has started to be more outlandish lately, but when he does it, it sounds very whiney. Where others are stern and entertaining in their fair criticism of area sports, he just sounds like a whiner. I always thought Mo and Tony Pike were very funny, sarcastic and entertaining in how they delivered those same types of messages.

He would always make fun of people for their valid criticisms about the Reds and Bengals and say "can't you just enjoy sports for what they are" - when in fact the last 30 years of both had been epicly terrible and the home-grown fans had just had enough. Now he's finally bashing the Reds and acts like he can't believe they operate this way, even though people had been pointing it out to him for a decade.

I agree he's prepared. But for me, some of his show just seems hokey. Like when he pulls out the "on this date" stuff, or "off the beaten path" - stuff like that just seems to be canned radio stuff. Not alot of ingenuity or creativity.

He has started to be more outlandish lately, but when he does it, it sounds very whiney. Where others are stern and entertaining in their fair criticism of area sports, he just sounds like a whiner. I always thought Mo and Tony Pike were very funny, sarcastic and entertaining in how they delivered those same types of messages.
Oh my, the On this date and off the beaten path are great segments. Think of the preparation and research he has to put in?

There are so many times I like the on this date because it reminds us of some of the significant dates in Reds history. Also keep in mind, he has to have some stuff in his back pocket in case there are no callers. I think the callers really dwindle off in seasons like this. He's talked Bengals more this summer than I can ever remember.
Lance doesn't push his opinion onto others, and he'll generally listen to callers complaints, then respond.
Some of today's sports talk show hosts just get on and babble about the current stuff and the NFL and things that don't matter.

The national guys are un-watchable/listenable.

I'd rather listen to Lance any day over the national guys. But I don't think he's the leader of the local guys anymore. I think Mo has that locked down. Mo just relates better to the typical beer drinking, fun, and loyal sports guy. Tony Pike is gaining steam.

Heard she has a show they are promoting. I may only see her once a month for few minutes so whatever she says/does is no matter.

Plus..she isnt the same ole skinny blonde that many shows run out there.

However........she does remind me of a Seinfeld episode of one of Jerrys gfs, that some itmes looks great, and others.....ugh. At times, and I think it is her hair, she looks amazing and others.....gross.

but WLW.........always fond memories. Loved the Burbank show from 3-6 back in the day. MConnel was always my fav as most sensible. Wily was just to get everyone fired up!

Since I got SXM over a year ago I am strictly the music I enjoy, and the Eddie Trunk show that talks rock.

Sports..still love to watch certain things but all the other stuff around it has me bored.
I think you'll notice many of these shows has gone away from the skinny white blondes and gone to more minority females (black, hispanic) ESPN has become a melting pot of different races for their sports reporting crew, although I rarely watch them anymore. One thing is for sure, they put them in front of the camera, dressed to the 9's and do alot of full body shots with short dresses. It makes me laugh with the women's empowerment movement that these TV practices are still done, with no problem.

The national guys are un-watchable/listenable.

I'd rather listen to Lance any day over the national guys. But I don't think he's the leader of the local guys anymore. I think Mo has that locked down. Mo just relates better to the typical beer drinking, fun, and loyal sports guy. Tony Pike is gaining steam.
Mo comes off to me as too casual at times. He's the "guy in the stands" who may or may not know any details of the game on the field. Not a Pike fan. One national guy I think is great is Doug Gotleib. He's very common sense and pushes back on the woke things alot.

Mo comes off to me as too casual at times. He's the "guy in the stands" who may or may not know any details of the game on the field. Not a Pike fan. One national guy I think is great is Doug Gotleib. He's very common sense and pushes back on the woke things alot.
Speak of the devil, Gotlieb is in for Cowherd today. And oddly enough, Joy Taylor NEVER co-hosts with Doug.

Crazy times for sure. On WLW today, Richmond Indiana police officer shot- in critical condition today. Some whacko went into a Cincy area FBI office with a gun, now on the run, shootout.
What's happening to us?

Crazy times for sure. On WLW today, Richmond Indiana police officer shot- in critical condition today. Some whacko went into a Cincy area FBI office with a gun, now on the run, shootout.
What's happening to us?
People are tired and some obviously going crazy over the looney left communist,bs agenda!

People are tired and some obviously going crazy over the looney left communist,bs agenda!
Shooter is down, hole up behind his vechicle on I-71. I 71 is shut down both ways in a major city, can you imagine how many people's days been affected by this whacko.

Shooter is down, hole up behind his vechicle on I-71. I 71 is shut down both ways in a major city, can you imagine how many people's days been affected by this whacko.
The shut down is in a rural area near Wilmington.

However, a ton of people are affected because there's no "get around" for people going north and south.

I second the Pike dislike. Mo is the most relatable and personable of the three discussed. I do like Lance as well, in smaller doses.

I do know this, if McConnell isn't on the morning shift, I don't listen. He's been off for two weeks, Dan Carroll has been in for him this week and he does nothing for me.

I do know this, if McConnell isn't on the morning shift, I don't listen. He's been off for two weeks, Dan Carroll has been in for him this week and he does nothing for me.
What? Your not into conspiracy talk 24/7 365?

I don't think I have ever listened to Dan Carroll for more than an hour when he did not bring up the stolen election of 2020.

My horse died a long time ago on that one.

I actually do think he could be fairly good at the job if he could get a broader subject set to comment on.

Or the Mike Allen constant Democrat whine fest. He's annoying as well. All he does is bash Democrats - it's terrible radio.

He does whine about the looneys a lot but not many people have held the positions he has.
I don't mind occassional whining, but the whole show is usually "did you see what <insert Democrats name> did" - and then whines about it for 2 hours. "Can you believe they would do that" - for the last 3 years.

It's fine in small amounts, but move on to some entertaining topics.