#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 37 52.1%
    Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to break it to you, but Monroe isn’t that good. And Alter only beat them 10-7, with Monroe losing their star running back in the second half. Alter doesn’t have same record as Tipp, that’s the facts, they didn’t play our schedule we didn’t play theirs that’s not how it works. How it does work is Tipp is a much better team than Monroe so I’m just informing you since you probably haven’t seen much of Tipp this year, don’t expect to come and score 10 points and beat us, because that’s not happening
If Alter can score 10 points consistently enough that could be a problem for Tipp. A game of 10, Tipp wins. A set of 10 every quarter, could spell trouble.

I really dont know who will win but there is a strength of schedule bias in my mind that favors Alter. Does that translate to points on the field?

If Alter can score 10 points consistently enough that could be a problem for Tipp. A game of 10, Tipp wins. A set of 10 every quarter, could spell trouble.

I really dont know who will win but there is a strength of schedule bias in my mind that favors Alter. Does that translate to points on the field?
The ten points vs. Monroe wants me to say Tipp wins, Alter shouldn't have moved on. Elijah Jackson getting hurt saved their season. Monroe was also significantly less talented, and weren't a true 2 seed. If Alter plays like they did against Monroe and put up 10 points, Tipp will roll

I think Alter is gonna present a huge challenge for Tipp, but at the end of the day, I think Tipp is gonna surprise some people and earn a little bit of the respect they feel they haven’t been getting. Also, I expect the cow pasture to be rocking tonight, I hope you Alter fans enjoy our little town and park.

I think Alter is gonna present a huge challenge for Tipp, but at the end of the day, I think Tipp is gonna surprise some people and earn a little bit of the respect they feel they haven’t been getting. Also, I expect the cow pasture to be rocking tonight, I hope you Alter fans enjoy our little town and park.
Trust me, you don't want to get started on the "little town" rural talk with Alter. Just ask Ross:ROFLMAO:

Are you expecting Tipp to pack the stands?

Are you expecting Tipp to pack the stands?
Alter expected Monroe to be packed, considering it was arguably the biggest game they're had in a decade. Place was a ghost town, sounded like an Alter home game. Tipp is about the same distance from Alter, so their stands will look similar. So yes, I believe Tipp will have a much bigger showing than Monroe did, and that is for the best. Wins mean more in front of fans. Hoping for both sides to be rocking tonight!

This thread has been amazingly entertaining for someone who often finds themselves rooting against each of these teams. Tipp has another good team. Alter has a down year, but still is pretty good and capable of winning playoff games. I think Tipp controls the line of scrimmage and the game

Alter 13
Tipp 24

Tipp 32

Alter 14
I can't see Alter giving up 32 to Tipp. D1 miamisburg, with a win over Springfield scored 33 and Akron Hoban, yes that Akron Hoban scored 27. Can't imagine the Devils are in that class, not saying Alter wins, just cannot conceive giving up 30 points. They did just beat an 8-2 Monroe team from the same league that owns one of Tipp's losses. I'm not a score prediction guy just think it will be a heck of a game and Alter-Bellbrook next week would be one for the ages. We shall see, good luck to both squads.

I can't see Alter giving up 32 to Tipp. D1 miamisburg, with a win over Springfield scored 33 and Akron Hoban, yes that Akron Hoban scored 27. Can't imagine the Devils are in that class, not saying Alter wins, just cannot conceive giving up 30 points. They did just beat an 8-2 Monroe team from the same league that owns one of Tipp's losses. I'm not a score prediction guy just think it will be a heck of a game and Alter-Bellbrook next week would be one for the ages. We shall see, good luck to both squads.
Alter's defense has looked phenomenal since Badin, they were awful against Miamisburg they blew so many coverages and lost the LOS. Hoban they played outstanding. One of Hoban's TD's was a pick six, and their last two touchdowns were Alter sending all out blitz's to try and get a three and out. So they realistically only the two field goals.

I think its hard to compare Monroe to other teams. They were a very good team even though people continue to not understand that. I think people were surprised about how they were able to hold their own. Tipp will have a rocking student section as some of the soccer players at alter talked about how their students and fans impacted the game. Tipp has a very solid Oline and with Alter dealing with some injuries on both sides of the ball will make this a very good game. Excited to see it. I'd love to see Alter win and continue on their road. Plenty of people doubting them and not realizing the strength of schedule they played. Yes a down year you could say, but also an up year for many other schools. I'd love to see a #15 seed run the table and prove that the OHSAA made the right decision expanding the playoffs.

I think its hard to compare Monroe to other teams. They were a very good team even though people continue to not understand that. I think people were surprised about how they were able to hold their own. Tipp will have a rocking student section as some of the soccer players at alter talked about how their students and fans impacted the game. Tipp has a very solid Oline and with Alter dealing with some injuries on both sides of the ball will make this a very good game. Excited to see it. I'd love to see Alter win and continue on their road. Plenty of people doubting them and not realizing the strength of schedule they played. Yes a down year you could say, but also an up year for many other schools. I'd love to see a #15 seed run the table and prove that the OHSAA made the right decision expanding the playoffs.
The soccer players at Alter informed you that Tipps students will be at the game? Interesting source

Injuries?

I'd like to see the Knights win too. Good luck.

Is there TV footage? Little cold for this old guy...
No live streams of games at Tipp. They're still living in stone ages as far as technology at the park. Usually the best available option for Tipp games is if one of the local radio stations covers the game, and that isn't too often.

As far as I know, they still don't have a Wi-Fi connection at the stadium. Last year the best they could do to stream games was a very low quality camera stream set up by some parents.

Tipp is still raising money to build out the rest of their football stadium at the park, but they're still well behind the times, except for the turf field and restrooms/concessions they have completed to this point.

I'm excited for this game. Matchup between two teams who have never played each other. Both teams respect each other a ton and both have solid teams. Great game tonight. You can listen at gamecastsports.com

I think Alter respect Tipp very much. I know the Knights are fired up to travel anywhere. Ross said the same thing last year...

I spent some time ( bored at work ) reading some of the past post. Am wondering if Alter was 6-4 and a 8ish seed instead of a 15 seed but their 6 wins were their normal Belmont, Thurgood Fenwick carroll etc would folks look at this match up differently? Instead they had their normal Fairmont- Scheduled, Miamisburg and a perennial power house in Hoban. Just not sure where the 5-5 makes them a "bad team" that is struggling.

Trust me, you don't want to get started on the "little town" rural talk with Alter. Just ask Ross:ROFLMAO:
I don’t know what your talking about, it seems to have nothing to do with why I said I hope they enjoy our town. I think Alter has played at Tipp in both men and women’s soccer before so there may be some familiarity

I spent some time ( bored at work ) reading some of the past post. Am wondering if Alter was 6-4 and a 8ish seed instead of a 15 seed but their 6 wins were their normal Belmont, Thurgood Fenwick carroll etc would folks look at this match up differently? Instead they had their normal Fairmont- Scheduled, Miamisburg and a perennial power house in Hoban. Just not sure where the 5-5 makes them a "bad team" that is struggling.
You said. If they are healthy, they'll be tough to beat.

Well I think you have to take into account the Northwest game and the blowout loss to Badin when looking at that schedule. That would not have happened with Alter's better teams. I don't think anybody has said Alter is bad, only that they are not as good as they have been. I still stand by my opinion that if Monroe's FB doesn't go out of the game at the half they lose last week, but injuries are part of the game and this is where we are. I said before, I know very little about Tipp, but if they are any good at all they will beat Alter if Alter plays the way they did against Monroe. If Alter plays the way they did against CJ, then the Knights will be tough to beat.

The soccer players at Alter informed you that Tipps students will be at the game? Interesting source
Think Alter and Tipp fans will ignore your ignorance .... I won't even explain and i'm from Columbus and know the reason for that statement.

I think possibly the only difference as you point out is the fact that they lost two league games. I'm not sure that has happened in a while. No one else in the region plays two DI schools plus maybe the best program in the state in Hoban. I would say if you gave them Badin's schedule which was pretty strong for D3 teams you would see Alter with three losses at the most. None of it matters at 7:00 tonite its put up or shut up time.

I think possibly the only difference as you point out is the fact that they lost two league games. I'm not sure that has happened in a while. No one else in the region plays two DI schools plus maybe the best program in the state in Hoban. I would say if you gave them Badin's schedule which was pretty strong for D3 teams you would see Alter with three losses at the most. None of it matters at 7:00 tonite its put up or shut up time.
Shows you how little I know as I checked out the league website they had lost three straight in 2019 and lost in the second round of the playoffs that year. Of course prior to that they were on a heck of a run. My bad!

If Tipp gets up early it’s over. Alter’s big dogs will will get frustrated have some bad penalties and by the third quarter they will be ready to stop playing Friday’s and looking ahead to start playing on Saturdays next year. I can see alter winning just depends on what attitude they bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.