#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 37 52.1%
    Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Piqua....the MVL is a bad, bad football league. I think Alter wins this one because of strength of schedule is in their favor.

Alter- 27
Tipp- 10
Tipp's coaching staff is already looking past alter, looking forward to their rematch against Bellbrook. Seems like big talk for someone in a "bad, bad league."

The game will be won or lost up front. Tipp’s OL is really good. They run only a few schemes, but they run them well. If Alter’s front is good, they should be fine. We know their LB’s can play. Tipp passes to keep you honest, but not much from QB inside the pocket. Tipp has been known in past years to been tough against the run and average against the pass. So, we’ll see how that goes? If Alter can get their athletes outside the tackle box, they might have something. I still think Tipp by 2 scores (and TIG will have his big red foam finger waving around in front of everyone trying to see the game.)

How would you think Tipp would have done against Hoban?
How would Tipp have done against Northwest? Mt. Healthy beat Northwest by more than Alter did, and Tipp beat Mt. Healthy by 44.

I get that you're fishing for the point that Tipp would get smoked by Hoban. All these speculative/transitive property results mean nothing. The teams appear pretty even, and should be a good game this Friday.

Agreed. Almost all of Alter's losses, and their barn burner against sub-par northwest, could at least be partially chalked up to deep coverage lapses. If you want to dominate Alter, you throw deep. Even Fairmont put the game away with a deep pass against the knights. Tipp's lack of deep ability plays right into the Knight's strength.
Or you could do what Badin did and run the ball down their throat and stone them on defense. Sorry, I couldn't resist ?

Last edited:
I hope tipp wins this game
But my heart tells me alter is figuring it out and there athletes are awake and not bored anymore .
As a Bellbrook fan / alumni there’s a dumble edged sword , I want to see alter in the next round if we win but then again I don’t .
It’s them or a rematch of week 1 against tipp 24-14

pick your poison I guess right ?

How would Tipp have done against Northwest? Mt. Healthy beat Northwest by more than Alter did, and Tipp beat Mt. Healthy by 44.

I get that you're fishing for the point that Tipp would get smoked by Hoban. All these speculative/transitive property results mean nothing. The teams appear pretty even, and should be a good game this Friday.
I'll through caution to the wind here, MH had 5 starters out for Tipp. Score comparing always gives a false sense of confidence.

their coach said it in an interview, said he is looking forward to their game against bellbrook
The full quote was:

“We’ve got a great road ahead of us,” Royse said. “We’ve got Alter next week. It’s a great opportunity to go play a great team and show what we’re made of. Then, it’s most likely Bellbrook after that in a rematch. We’re really looking forward to it — I think we can make a difference this time.”

From: https://pressprosmagazine.com/tipp-romps-past-mt-healthy-in-one-and-done-rematch/

I get what you are trying to say, but I highly doubt he's actually "looking ahead" so much as just mentioning it there. Sure, one might say it's bad optics to even mention it like that, but I wouldn't take much from it.

Planning on making the trip to Tipp tomorrow.
Any key injuries on either team?
Wish both teams luck and a safe hard fought battle.
My gut says Alter but I’m sure it will be a great game. Looking forward to it.

Normally would love to have Alter play Tipp. However, this year's Alter team is one of the weakest in years. They have come together. Played a tough schedule but don't think will be enough. The bonehead penalties are still happening. Alter will not be able to overcome those against a good team.Hope I am wrong
Tipp 28
Alter 10

Normally would love to have Alter play Tipp. However, this year's Alter team is one of the weakest in years. They have come together. Played a tough schedule but don't think will be enough. The bonehead penalties are still happening. Alter will not be able to overcome those against a good team.Hope I am wrong
Tipp 28
Alter 10
Kmac57 , Good points on the penalties. normally I would agree with you on that however, I have to believe it will be cleaned up and honestly I have been impressed that Alter was able to beat Monroe despite the 10 or 11 penalties they had, alter constantly played behind the sticks
I am going to go the other way on this. Good luck to both team. Is there TV footage? Little cold for this old guy...

Alter 28
Tipp 14

Kmac57 , Good points on the penalties. normally I would agree with you on that however, I have to believe it will be cleaned up and honestly I have been impressed that Alter was able to beat Monroe despite the 10 or 11 penalties they had, alter constantly played behind the sticks
I am going to go the other way on this. Good luck to both team. Is there TV footage? Little cold for this old guy...

Alter 28
Tipp 14
Zip up a Carhart and get in there! Need to pack the house tonight!

The crux of this is can a team spring an upset merely by donning a jersey and coasting on a rep? Suspect it takes more than that. Showtime in a couple hours.

Alter 24 Tippecanoe 7
Defense shows up tonight ready to roll. Offensive line gets a push up front Stone goes for 200+ on the ground tonight. And the comments made by Tipp, "Then, it’s most likely Bellbrook after that in a rematch. We’re really looking forward to it." Sorry but no one looks past Alter and they will learn that tonight.

Thehawg would like to see Tipp win this game, just can't visualize it happening. I'll take Alter 21-14

Go Knights. Weather looks solid and the upgraded facilities that Tipp put in a few years ago should be a nice experience. Is Joel Derge still helping out at Tipp? He was the old HC, then some feathers were ruffled and he was let go, but I think he is back on staff?

Go Knights. Weather looks solid and the upgraded facilities that Tipp put in a few years ago should be a nice experience. Is Joel Derge still helping out at Tipp? He was the old HC, then some feathers were ruffled and he was let go, but I think he is back on staff?
I believe so, if I'm not mistake he still teaches at the High School, and is on the football staff

Status
Not open for further replies.