#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 37 52.1%
    Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best team in D3 Region 12 is Badin. So we can argue about who’s going to win the R2 games but ultimately it won’t matter. IMO

The best team in D3 Region 12 is Badin. So we can argue about who’s going to win the R2 games but ultimately it won’t matter. IMO
Bellbrook hung with Badin the whole game. only lost 7-17. Many people doubt Bellbrook because they are in the SWBL, but they are legit this year. A lot can change over 10+ weeks. Also CJ gave Badin a scare being up 28-7 at half(not sure if this is exactly correct but close enough). Yes, Badin is the favorite, but they are human and at the end of the day, a completely beatable team. IMO

If you use the Monroe game as a gauge you can get fooled by the final score. Alter shot itself with a number of dumb penalties which halted drives and deflated the score differential.Granted Monroe was w/o its star runnung back but then again he got rocked, wasn't like cramps. Monroe got about 40 yds total in the 2nd half. Difference was specials teams @ 100 yds of returns plus kicking. Monroe played relatively mistake free w 1 penalty whereas Alter had 9. Keys to the game IMO are the quality and depth of Tipp backs and whether or not Alter can coach out the bonehead penalties.
Tipp has a stable of threats in the backfield and out wide, beginning with their best player

Sr. RB Cayd Everhart 215 carries, 1354 yards and 19 TDs. 107 tackles on defense
Sr. RB Griffin Caldwell 58 carries 404 yards and 5 TDs
Soph. RB Xavier Jones 36 carries, 284 yards 2 TDs
Sr. WR/RB Zack Butera 24 carries, 212 yards, 1 TD, 27 catches, 311 yards and 6 TDs.
QB Liam Pronsky 111-188, 1182 yards, 14 TDs, 4 INT, 76 carries, 430 yards, 8 TDs
Sr. WR Jason Rindler 36 catches, 372 yards, 5 TDs
Sr. WR Gavin Garlitz 17 catches, 238 yards, 1 TD
Sr. TE Cole Coppock 17 catches, 113 yards, 2 TDs

Tipp has a stable of threats in the backfield and out wide, beginning with their best player

Sr. WR/RB Zack Butera 24 carries, 212 yards, 1 TD, 27 catches, 311 yards and 6 TDs.
QB Liam Pronsky 111-188, 1182 yards, 14 TDs, 4 INT, 76 carries, 430 yards, 8 TDs
Impressive, have alot of weapons on that list

I see Tpp with a better offense and Alter with a better D.
TheKnights have awesome special teams, but the Devils have awesome bell control and don’t turn the the ball over. Turnovers will be Alters downfall. I have the awesome and amazing Tippecanoe Red Devils in a close game to the end with Tipp winning 30-20

Has Alter faced many no-huddle offenses this year?

When Tipp has played up tempo on offense it can really throw opposing defenses off. If Alter maintains their composure at that pace, then it could be the difference maker in the game. If not Tipp can put up a lot of points.

Bellbrook hung with Badin the whole game. only lost 7-17. Many people doubt Bellbrook because they are in the SWBL, but they are legit this year. A lot can change over 10+ weeks. Also CJ gave Badin a scare being up 28-7 at half(not sure if this is exactly correct but close enough). Yes, Badin is the favorite, but they are human and at the end of the day, a completely beatable team. IMO
Badin-CJ was 28-21 at half.

Alter always has always overcome its opponents in the past. There offense is nothing to underestimate. alter 28 tipp 7

Is Caldwell injured or anything? Noticed he hasn't played since the Troy game.

Not that it matters much since Everhart has more than carried the load by himself for the most part.

Not that it matters much since Everhart has more than carried the load by himself for the most part.
Ya he has been injured, but Fortunately for Tipp in the game against Mt. Healthy, Xavier Jones really stood out in his role, going 9 carries for 109 yards and a TD.

Has Alter faced many no-huddle offenses this year?

When Tipp has played up tempo on offense it can really throw opposing defenses off. If Alter maintains their composure at that pace, then it could be the difference maker in the game. If not Tipp can put up a lot of points.
They haven't. I also believe that Tipp will rarely throw beyond 15 yards, good news for their DBs

Not 100% sure on this, but I believe he should be back this week. And if not and Tipp moves on he should be back. Just what I heard I could be completely wrong.

They haven't. I also believe that Tipp will rarely throw beyond 15 yards, good news for their DBs
Agreed. Almost all of Alter's losses, and their barn burner against sub-par northwest, could at least be partially chalked up to deep coverage lapses. If you want to dominate Alter, you throw deep. Even Fairmont put the game away with a deep pass against the knights. Tipp's lack of deep ability plays right into the Knight's strength.

Agreed. Almost all of Alter's losses, and their barn burner against sub-par northwest, could at least be partially chalked up to deep coverage lapses. If you want to dominate Alter, you throw deep. Even Fairmont put the game away with a deep pass against the knights. Tipp's lack of deep ability plays right into the Knight's strength.
Tipp rolls out a lot on flood plays. And the Knights four picks on the year are all on roll-out floods...

Threads always get ruined when JV football players decide to get on Yappi....

I think this will be a really good game. The coaching levels are very similar and both teams have obvious strengths and weaknesses:

Concerns for Alter:
- can't stop the pass because all they do is blitz and play crappy man defense which has been evident since Week 1 vs Fairmont
-offensive line needs to step up compared to the Monroe game
-Alter has two really bad receivers when they go spread
-lack of discipline and stupid penalties has cost them all year; again going back to Week 1 vs Fairmont

Concerns for Tipp
- Facing and limiting the speed of CJ Hicks and Stone; probably the two fastest RBs and skilled guys they have seen all year
-non-challenging schedule could be evident IF Alter dominates and wins. The key word is IF @ Tipp is Great
-Running the ball; I think Alter's run defense is greatly improved since the Fairmont game

Winner wins by 7 or less

Concerns for Tipp
- Facing and limiting the speed of CJ Hicks and Stone; probably the two fastest RBs and skilled guys they have seen all year

Not to pick apart your post much, as I agree almost completely, but Tipp has faced Jasiah Medley from Piqua, who went to state in the 100m dash last year and has some MAC offers as a RB from what I can tell.

...that said, Medley ran for 310 yards and 4 touchdowns against Tipp, so that doesn't really bode well facing Hicks and Stone haha.

You got that right. Brutal schedule, but I think it benefits them. Alter in an "upset".
Tipp has struggled against the GCL Co-ed in most sports in the post season, this is their chance to right some of those wrongs.

Threads always get ruined when JV football players decide to get on Yappi....

I think this will be a really good game. The coaching levels are very similar and both teams have obvious strengths and weaknesses:

Concerns for Alter:
- can't stop the pass because all they do is blitz and play crappy man defense which has been evident since Week 1 vs Fairmont
-offensive line needs to step up compared to the Monroe game
-Alter has two really bad receivers when they go spread
-lack of discipline and stupid penalties has cost them all year; again going back to Week 1 vs Fairmont

Concerns for Tipp
-non-challenging schedule could be evident IF Alter dominates and wins. The key word is IF @ Tipp is Great
-Running the ball; I think Alter's run defense is greatly improved since the Fairmont game

Winner wins by 7 or less
Which receivers are you referring to. I thought when they went spread their 3 out of the 4 were good. Hicks, 5, and 9 seem pretty good

Which receivers are you referring to. I thought when they went spread their 3 out of the 4 were good. Hicks, 5, and 9 seem pretty good
9 is more of a tight end. I think he is saying outside of Hicks and 5. Don't forget the screen pass checkdowns to stone as well. I think their passing offense will be just fine.

Outside of Piqua....the MVL is a bad, bad football league. I think Alter wins this one because of strength of schedule is in their favor.

Alter- 27
Tipp- 10

Status
Not open for further replies.