Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 37 52.1%
    Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightnight

Alter comes off an expected upset of Monroe. And some would say they’re rolling after rattling off 4 straight victories. Tipp comes into this one after throttling Mount Healthy. Should be a great game!

3 of Alters last 4 victories come against teams with records of 3-6, 1-8 and 4-5. Alter barely beat an 8-2 Monroe team that had just been blown out 42-10 by Bellbrook in week 8. Tipp just beat a 6-4 team 50-6. I like Tipp in this one by a comfy margin
Hey bud. I hate to break it to you but in this covid environment, records are super deceiving. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alter had the same record as you if they played your schedule. This game will be very close

Hey bud. I hate to break it to you but in this covid environment, records are super deceiving. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alter had the same record as you if they played your schedule. This game will be very close
I hate to break it to you, but Monroe isn’t that good. And Alter only beat them 10-7, with Monroe losing their star running back in the second half. Alter doesn’t have same record as Tipp, that’s the facts, they didn’t play our schedule we didn’t play theirs that’s not how it works. How it does work is Tipp is a much better team than Monroe so I’m just informing you since you probably haven’t seen much of Tipp this year, don’t expect to come and score 10 points and beat us, because that’s not happening

I hate to break it to you, but Monroe isn’t that good. And Alter only beat them 10-7, with Monroe losing their star running back in the second half. Alter doesn’t have same record as Tipp, that’s the facts, they didn’t play our schedule we didn’t play theirs that’s not how it works. How it does work is Tipp is a much better team than Monroe so I’m just informing you since you probably haven’t seen much of Tipp this year, don’t expect to come and score 10 points and beat us, because that’s not happening
Guess we'll find out on the field next week. I've seen 3 Alter games this year, Fairmont, Da Burg n C.J.,they def got better as the season went on n they are clicking now.

Tipp should roll. This Alter team is a shell of what it used to be, undisciplined and not intimidating. Monroe played scared because of the name of the school and that cost them. Also lost in my opinion the best player on the field last night, Elijah Jackson. If he doesn’t get hurt on the last play of the half, Monroe rolls.

Anyone know if Tipp and Alter have ever played in football, or when they did if it has happened?

I know they haven't played at least in the last 2 or 3 decades.

Anyone know if Tipp and Alter have ever played in football, or when they did if it has happened?

I know they haven't played at least in the last 2 or 3 decades.

Never played according to Alter records.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 10.22.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 10.22.19 AM.png
    838.4 KB · Views: 23
They’ve never played an official game but I know for a long time they scrimmaged each other down in Bellefontaine and Alter would often come to Tipp’s 7v7

Never played according to Alter records.
This makes sense. While both in the Dayton area, the schools kind of had different standards for awhile. Alter schedules up in most of their non-conference, and was generally concerned about deep playoff runs.

Tipp on the other hand, while in the playoffs consistently, was never really a deep threat into the postseason, outside of 1 or maybe 2 years.

This year, seems like it could be a pretty good matchup! Looking forward to this one.

All I was saying these are both very good teams and your argument that Tipp would win by a comfortable margin just looking at records was flawed. I think Alter is the last team you want to underestimate and that’s coming from CJ guy. Maybe you should ask your basketball team about their great record last year and what happened when they played a more battle tested GCL team in the tournament. Like I said in my first post, This game will be very close.

If Alter at #15 wins this game they make state officials look like geniuses for expanding the playoff from 8 to 16. I have not seen either team play so I can only guess.

Alter did only win by 3 against a Monroe team that lost their bell cow. But they don't ask how you did it. Good luck to both teams.

To say Tipp would win comfortably would be a bit naive, I think. Everyone knows Alter's program is on a different level than Tipp's historically, and they generally have the individual talent Tipp has never had.

That said, this game should be close, at least based on the results on the field this year. Using the transitive property you could try to say Tipp has the edge based on the Alter 10-7 win over a Monroe team who got blasted by Bellbrook, but using the same logic..... Tipp beat Troy 31-16, CJ beat Troy 38-20, and.... Alter destroyed CJ 55-28.

I can't say I've watched Alter at all this season, but just knowing their history as a program, and having a player like C.J. Hicks (I know it's only one guy), I feel like this one should be closely contested.

So who has Tipp played that compares to Fairmont, Badin, Hoban, and Miamisburg?? Please inform me, I’m confused of what you’re talking about. Football is about matchups and a win is a win. Ross was saying the same thing about CJ. Honestly CJ is tougher than majority of the teams in your conference and they ended 4-5. The GCLC is still standing And outside of Bellbrook (lost to Badin) And Stebbins who else can you speak about that are consistently competitive that you’ve beaten this year.

Last edited:
If Alter plays like they did last week then it won’t even be fun to watch. Good thing for the knights is that they have a week of practice to change. Either way Tipp by 20+

Safe to say this time of year previous records do not matter. Not does who you beat with winning records. Pretty sure a win is a win. Wether you win by 1 or 50. Anything thing can happen on any given night. Ask Springfield pretty sure they never thought they would get beat by Miamisburg.

Safe to say this time of year previous records do not matter. Not does who you beat with winning records. Pretty sure a win is a win. Wether you win by 1 or 50. Anything thing can happen on any given night. Ask Springfield pretty sure they never thought they would get beat by Miamisburg.
Agreed. Too many upsets in this area to make a solid and accurate prediction. Alters record does not define who they are as a team. Although they looked like they struggled last night, I think if they can find weaknesses in tipps defense, they can make big plays with their weapons. On the other hand, tipp is a very good team and they carry a lot of momentum coming into this game. I’m gonna take tipp by 7 in a battle to the end.

Yeah, but Tripp’s league is weak. Bunch of other schools with histories of bad football. I still like Tipp.

So who has Tipp played that compares to Fairmont, Badin, Hoban, and Miamisburg?? Please inform me, I’m confused of what you’re talking about. Football is about matchups and a win is a win. Ross was saying the same thing about CJ. Honestly CJ is tougher than majority of the teams in your conference and they ended 4-5. The GCLC is still standing And outside of Bellbrook (lost to Badin) And Stebbins who else can you speak about that are consistently competitive that you’ve beaten this year.
Stebbins?? Really?

Careful, TIG will get you! He gets very defensive about his beloved school. He’s believed to be their #1 fan. Some have accused him of being the strength coach. Some say he’s the school janitor that hangs around the coaches office picking up intel. He claims he’s a college student that played there. But he’ll throw a fit if you don’t agree with him. You’ve been warned!

So we kind of did the schedule thing last year (McNick vs. Waverly)-and then the game was played and Waverly was exceptional. Tipp should be favored, but the 20+ point predictions are bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.