#6 Wapakoneta at #3 Bellbrook

vaquita00

This should be a good game. The Redskins need to be more creative on offense if the want to get by Bellbrook. Weather may have been an issue last night, but if they can't throw when needed, its not going to end well. Bellbrook's defense is tough against the run and will likely stack the box and try to stop the run. Defensively I believe Wapak can hold there own against the Golden Eagle offense as long as they limit big plays which Bellbrook is very capable of. Close game but I'll go Wapak in a squeaker 28-27

This should be a good game. The Redskins need to be more creative on offense if the want to get by Bellbrook. Weather may have been an issue last night, but if they can't throw when needed, its not going to end well. Bellbrook's defense is tough against the run and will likely stack the box and try to stop the run. Defensively I believe Wapak can hold there own against the Golden Eagle offense as long as they limit big plays which Bellbrook is very capable of. Close game but I'll go Wapak in a squeaker 28-27
Bellbrook by a lot

How's Bellbrook's rush defense, strength on d-line, and ability to stop a mobile QB? If Bellbrook can limit long, time draining Wapak offensive drives then they'll be just fine and roll to a win. Goulet is Wapak's QB and is very athletic and talented with his legs, but misses wide open passes. Wapak only had 197 yards of total offense against Dayton Dunbar. However, they have a great defense which thrived on field position and turnovers.

I don't know much about the Golden Eagles, but considering they blasted St Marys Memorial last year and Wapak and St Marys are very similar teams, I'd say Bellbrook seems like a clear favorite to win this. Last year was last year and there's a reason games are played, but Wapak will have to play their best game of the season to win this.

The golden eagle offense has been running down opponents throats this season and has shown no signs of stoping. Wapaks defensive is going to need to play lights out just to hold them under 21 points. One the other side, Bellbrook has one of the best defenses in R12. They play together and don’t let big plays slip. Held Badin offense to 17 and Tipp to 14, lowest both teams have scored. Seems like wapak has been able to put some teams away quick - Celina, Defiance, Dunbar - but Bellbrook is a few steps above those programs. My prediction 31-10 Eagles.

Wapak did exactly what they needed to do last night in the rain they won convincingly. Goulet has shown he can air it out see van wert but he doesn’t have to. The pass to Houser was catchable and late in the game they threw some. This game will be tough and they will have to play tough and error free

Region 12 offers a lot of great playoff matchups and is generally a very wide open region. Bellbrook vs. Wapak should be a competitive, close football game. I do think the Eagles should be favored by maybe a score. I would say:

Bellbrook 21
Wapak 14

Don't know much about Wapak, but Bellbrook is rolling right now. They are clicking on all cylinders at the right time. Since the upset loss to Eaton in week 4 they are averaging 47 points a game offensively. I was impressed with their defense in the loss to Badin and turnovers were a major factor in this loss. I think Wapak needs to be really good to keep this game close. I think Bellbrook wins the game and is currently one of the favorites to reach the regional final.

Don't know much about Wapak, but Bellbrook is rolling right now. They are clicking on all cylinders at the right time. Since the upset loss to Eaton in week 4 they are averaging 47 points a game offensively. I was impressed with their defense in the loss to Badin and turnovers were a major factor in this loss. I think Wapak needs to be really good to keep this game close. I think Bellbrook wins the game and is currently one of the favorites to reach the regional final.
Agreed. Bellbrook is playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are tired of being looked down on and they are taking their anger out on their opponents. They are looking sharp at the right time. It is going to take a great effort by wapak to stop them because right now they are carrying lots of momentum. I got Bellbrook by 24.

Wapak always fields a very good team. Picking Bellbrook by 24 is just silly talk.
I think this will be a good game with the Eagles pulling out a close win. I'd say by 3-7 points. Don't underestimate WBL teams.
Wapak beat St Mary's who destroyed Franklin. They played 2 defending State champs in Van Wert and Marion Local. Sure the WBL was down this year but they are still good teams.

Wapak always fields a very good team. Picking Bellbrook by 24 is just silly talk.
I think this will be a good game with the Eagles pulling out a close win. I'd say by 3-7 points. Don't underestimate WBL teams.
Wapak beat St Mary's who destroyed Franklin. They played 2 defending State champs in Van Wert and Marion Local. Sure the WBL was down this year but they are still good teams.
I guess we will see. Wapak hasn't played much competition in the last 6 weeks so it will be interesting to see how they do against a team of Bellbrook's caliber.

The same was thought last year when st Mary’s came to town
We shall see
Time will
Tell

Sure the WBL was down this year but they are still good teams.

Why do you think the WBL was down?

Four very good teams at the top, and Shawnee was just a little behind them. Elida and Bath were both good football teams and were fairly competitive in most of their games this year. Defiance was CLEARLY improved. Celina and Kenton were both way down this year for sure however, no doubt.

Up - Wapak, Shawnee, Defiance
Down - Elida, Celina, Kenton
About the same - Van Wert, OG, Bath, Saint Marys

That's how I see it anyway.

Four very good teams at the top, and Shawnee was just a little behind them. Elida and Bath were both good football teams and were fairly competitive in most of their games this year. Defiance was CLEARLY improved. Celina and Kenton were both way down this year for sure however, no doubt.

Looking at the roster the majority of Wapak defense is back next year

Shawnee wasn't even close to the top 4 teams in the WBL, they lost by double digits in each except to OG which was played in a downpour.

Shawnee wasn't even close to the top 4 teams in the WBL, they lost by double digits in each except to OG which was played in a downpour.
OG lost to Wapak by double digits, are they not even close?
SM lost to OG by double digits, are they not even close?
Wapak lost to VW by double digits, are they not even close?

Or is it dumb to make statements like that based on 1 game?

Shawnee had a very good defense and a fairly mediocre offense. They've beaten a D7, 9-2 LCC team and a D3, 6-2 Cin. Hughes team as well

I think they are pretty good for a 5th place team in the league. I also think Bath and Elida aren't bad for 6th and 7th place teams. And my original question was about the entire league, not just a discussion about whether a single team in the league is good or just mediocre.

It's all about matchups. VW mauled Shawnee, and if you are a VW fan I can understand why you think they weren't even close. But remember, it's dumb to make definitive statements based on 1 game, right?

OG lost to Wapak by double digits, are they not even close?
SM lost to OG by double digits, are they not even close?
Wapak lost to VW by double digits, are they not even close?

Or is it dumb to make statements like that based on 1 game?

Shawnee had a very good defense and a fairly mediocre offense. They've beaten a D7, 9-2 LCC team and a D3, 6-2 Cin. Hughes team as well

I think they are pretty good for a 5th place team in the league. I also think Bath and Elida aren't bad for 6th and 7th place teams. And my original question was about the entire league, not just a discussion about whether a single team in the league is good or just mediocre.

It's all about matchups. VW mauled Shawnee, and if you are a VW fan I can understand why you think they weren't even close. But remember, it's dumb to make definitive statements based on 1 game, right?
I think what he was saying is that Shawnee lost to all of the top 4 teams by double digits except for OG, which in turn means they really weren't that close to the top which I would tend to agree with. That's not really basing their success or failures off of one game, but their lack of success against the top 4 teams in the league.

Personally, I don't know much about the WBL, but they still have 5 teams left in the playoffs after week one which I find to be pretty impressive for a league that supposedly isn't very good.

Marion Local is not a defending State Champ