50th Junior Freestyle Nationals - Fantasy Bracket

Probably the greatest HS wrestler in Ohio history. I know there are a ton of great ones but the resume speaks for itself. The only 4x time JR National champ - and back then it was 1 division if I remember correctly. No Cadet and Juniors. So he he won it as freshman against seniors. And he was never held back.
Also wrestled the Olympic trials the summer between junior and senior year. Wrestled John Smith in the trials who was the defending gold medalist. Al took him down before eventually losing.
He did it all on that age level and deserves to be recognized.

Men's freestyle wrestling
Espoir World Championships
Gold medal – first place 1991 Previdza 62 kg

Pan American Championships
Gold medal – first place 1993 Guatemala City 62 kg

Maccabiah Games
Gold medal – first place 1997 Ramat Gan 68 kg

U.S. Open National Championships
Silver medal – second place 1995 Las Vegas 62 kg
Bronze medal – third place 1994 Las Vegas 62 kg
Bronze medal – third place 1993 Las Vegas 62 kg

NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships
Gold medal – first place 1994 North Carolina 142 lb
Silver medal – second place 1992 Oklahoma City 134 lb
Silver medal – second place 1991 Iowa 134 lb

Big Eight Conference Championships
Gold medal – first place 1994 Ames 142 lb
Gold medal – first place 1992 Stillwater 134 lb
Gold medal – first place 1991 Columbia 134 lb

Probably the greatest HS wrestler in Ohio history. I know there are a ton of great ones but the resume speaks for itself. The only 4x time JR National champ - and back then it was 1 division if I remember correctly. No Cadet and Juniors. So he he won it as freshman against seniors. And he was never held back.
Also wrestled the Olympic trials the summer between junior and senior year. Wrestled John Smith in the trials who was the defending gold medalist. Al took him down before eventually losing.
He did it all on that age level and deserves to be recognized.
Another stud lightweight, good thing they had a lightweight class in '87, '88 & '89...