#5 Walsh Jesuit @ #1 Cleveland Benedictine

All the predictions, who gets the cupie doll?
Benny’s 31
W.J. 27

Benedictine 27
Walsh Jesuit 21

Walsh by 10!

Walsh 35
Bene 34

Rematch Walsh Jesuit by 6

Amazing how far Walsh has come in a short period of time.
As a Benedictine fan I am extremely impressed with Walsh's coaching. They're determined to find a few weak spots in opponents and just keep hitting them. When you look at the size, build, and athleticism of Walsh vs Benedictine, Hoban, and the other schools Walsh competes with, you'd think they have no chance, but it's always a close game, and last night you got the win. Depth is important too, but...really impressed with how those coaches get those guys competing with (and now beating) the athletes at the other good schools in Region 5. Not to say Benedictine or these other teams have bad coaching...but winning with talent is what a coach should do, winning with less is the mark of great coaching, great practices, game-planning, and so-on

As a Benedictine fan I am extremely impressed with Walsh's coaching. They're determined to find a few weak spots in opponents and just keep hitting them. When you look at the size, build, and athleticism of Walsh vs Benedictine, Hoban, and the other schools Walsh competes with, you'd think they have no chance, but it's always a close game, and last night you got the win. Depth is important too, but...really impressed with how those coaches get those guys competing with (and now beating) the athletes at the other good schools in Region 5. Not to say Benedictine or these other teams have bad coaching...but winning with talent is what a coach should do, winning with less is the mark of great coaching, great practices, game-planning, and so-on
I agree about the coaching. From 2015 (the year after Rardin retired) through 2018 (the year before Alexander was hired), WJ went 6-34, obviously the driest spell in the history of a storied program. Hell, they even went 1-9 in Alexander's first year. But in 2020, the whole attitude of the program seems to have changed and now I think those kids believe they can play with anyone. Has the talent level changed that much since 2019? I doubt it. But someone is inspiring those kids to play above their weight.

Why the obsession with Ray Williams, little guy?
Your the guy that jumped in over on the lake, vasj thread to insert your hollyer than thou crap

"We don’t want anyone’s trash"​

so reap what you sew! The benny football booster group has always been raising $ to outbid other school for players, so big deal!

Your the guy that jumped in over on the lake, vasj thread to insert your hollyer than thou crap

"We don’t want anyone’s trash"​

so reap what you sew! The benny football booster group has always been raising $ to outbid other school for players, so big deal!
You’re so upset ?