(5) Versailles vs (1) Taft

Tiger fan 1

Week 12 is in the books, moving onto week 13. All games should be more competitive across the board for everyone.
Thoughts on this match up and what to expect from Taft?
Tigers taking the field Saturday night.
20211106_185841.jpg

Taft looked dominant in their win on Saturday. Going to be hard for anyone to stop the triple option with only a week of prep.

I see Taft having athletes but I don’t think they can match Versailles. I’m going to
also go with Versailles by 21

Versailles- 42 Taft- 21

Taft is super athletic, but undisciplined. physically, they are big. They will start to back down when Versailles hits them in the mouth. they beat a pretty decent, yet young, Springfield Shawnee team last week. historically, Taft hasn’t had much luck with teams north of Cincinnati

Week 12 is in the books, moving onto week 13. All games should be more competitive across the board for everyone.
Thoughts on this match up and what to expect from Taft?
Tigers taking the field Saturday night.
View attachment 23227
That pic brought back a lot of memories. I was a senior in 03 at Batavia. Remember coming out on to the field and being awestruck by the crowd. The giant flag being waved from the middle of the stands. Man, that was a great atmosphere and team yall had that year.

Taft have any kids who play basketball on their football team?

Taft has more athletes in their Glee Club than Versailles has in the whole school. This could be an absolute curb stomp and with it being on turf the speed and athleticism will be front and center. Only chance the Tigers have is if this was on a bad grass field.

Taft has more athletes in their Glee Club than Versailles has in the whole school. This could be an absolute curb stomp and with it being on turf the speed and athleticism will be front and center. Only chance the Tigers have is if this was on a bad grass field.
Aren’t you late for seniors cow tipping class?

Well I would not take it this far but I think a lot of people are doubting Taft here. Everyone knows the MAC is a great football conference but Taft has been tested as well. They might have a harder schedule than Versailles this year. This one can go either way. I don't know what Versailles has as far as athletes but Taft has a good amount all over there who can play ball.

Well I would not take it this far but I think a lot of people are doubting Taft here. Everyone knows the MAC is a great football conference but Taft has been tested as well. They might have a harder schedule than Versailles this year. This one can go either way. I don't know what Versailles has as far as athletes but Taft has a good amount all over there who can play ball.
Like the whole conference, they are full of 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and have barely a speck of athletic ability but after 4 years they walk out of those halls with a diploma from Versailles HS.

Versailles- 42 Taft- 21

Taft is super athletic, but undisciplined. physically, they are big. They will start to back down when Versailles hits them in the mouth. they beat a pretty decent, yet young, Springfield Shawnee team last week. historically, Taft hasn’t had much luck with teams north of Cincinnati
I don't think Taft is undisciplined at all. Why do you think that? I will agree, they won't be AS disciplined as Versailles, but who outside of the MAC and Kirtland is....ever?

With that said, I do think Versailles will be more physical and a bit tougher. I'll take Versailles 31-14.

I don't think Taft is undisciplined at all. Why do you think that? I will agree, they won't be AS disciplined as Versailles, but who outside of the MAC and Kirtland is....ever?

With that said, I do think Versailles will be more physical and a bit tougher. I'll take Versailles 31-14.
Versailles has a 3rd year head coach, Coach Jones,that has been coaching the same offense and defense the last two years.
How about Taft?

Versailles has a 3rd year head coach, Coach Jones,that has been coaching the same offense and defense the last two years.
How about Taft?
No clue. All I know about Taft is what I saw in 2019 against WL-Salem. They weren't undisciplined and they were far more athletic. WLS won on physicality and toughness alone.

just what i saw last year against Greenon. personal foul penalties and things like false starts, offsides, etc

Like the whole conference, they are full of 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and have barely a speck of athletic ability but after 4 years they walk out of those halls with a diploma from Versailles HS.
I have a feeling those cow tippers are going to administer a real beatin on Taft.
Tigerball by 21.

Taft has a new coach this year, but has advanced in the playoffs each of the past two seasons. Two years ago they became the first Cincinnati Public School to win a playoff game other than CAPE, then lost in the regional semifinals to West Liberty-Salem, 14-13, missing a field goal at the end. Last year they won a game and then lost to Greenon on a missed 2-point conversion at the end, 30-28.
The last two years they had more of a standard offense- this year they run a triple option (the new coach played and coached at Colerain, which also ran the triple option). Their top rusher, #1 Jahmar Richardson was banged up late in the year and didn't play much in the first playoff game against Madeira, but I think he played more in the last game. He's a big kid who is tough to bring down. #2 Gavin Crawford filled in for him pretty well. #8 Antayeo Stuckey is the speed guy who gets the outside runs. They don't pass it much (less than 10 times a game), but they can throw it if needed.
Their two losses were to Wyoming (#1 seed in D4), 30-6, and Roger Bacon (#2 seed in D5), 24-20, to start the year. They beat Withrow, who won a D2 playoff game, and have a win over a D1 team (although Western Hills only won 1 game this year).
Their basketball team made the final four last year, but I don't see any of those basketball players on their football roster, most notably Rayvon Griffith.