#3 Michigan @ # 4 Ohio State

The behind the back pass by Sueing was a backbreaking error with how close and back and forth this game was.

TTUN is good. Not sure why Key and Sueing or even Towns did not play more with no center OSU needs as much size on the court as possible. Plus OSU needs to play better defense, but the lack of rebounding on the defensive end cost OSU the game.

With the way both of those teams were scoring today the Sueing turnover and foul was definitely the difference maker in the last few minutes. Gave up three very easy points letting Michigan stretch the lead to six on top of not getting a shot on that possession. That play was worth 3-6 points in the final score.

Michigan is very good. Minus that bonehead play I think Ohio State would have had a 50/50 chance of winning at the end.

This is the best Michigan team I've seen since I started following them intently ~15 years ago.

Very impressed with OSU too. Looking forward to both teams making deep tournament runs.

That was definitely a high-level basketball game. Both teams showed up, and as a Buckeye fan, I was happy with the offense. Michigan is really good defensively and had trouble slowing OSU down. Michigan just has so many big guys to put in it can wear other teams down. Some more big-time games ahead, so Ohio State needs to keep its head up and keep improving.

Michigan shoots 10-13 on 3-pointers in the first half, but OSU is even with them, and genius Brian1227 says "OSU is playing over their head". Some people just don;t understand sports.

Great game, two great teams. Bottom line is that the OSU Achilles Heel continues to be good big men, and Wilkinson is 7'1", strong as heck, and skilled. He was the difference.

Michigan shoots 10-13 on 3-pointers in the first half, but OSU is even with them, and genius Brian1227 says "OSU is playing over their head". Some people just don;t understand sports.

Great game, two great teams. Bottom line is that the OSU Achilles Heel continues to be good big men, and Wilkinson is 7'1", strong as heck, and skilled. He was the difference.

It's pretty amazing how good this team has become in spite of this issue. Same as with playing Iowa, the defense ended up in a lot of scramble and recover situations against a very efficient shooting team as a result of having to bring extra help to guard the big guy well before a post catch.

The offense has become so good that in a one-and-done Ohio State could beat anyone. There's still plenty of basketball to be played, and plenty to be optimistic about for this year.

Last edited:
Real good basketball game,the BIG guys in the middle kill the Buckeyes but they are very much improved as the season comes to an end.Anything can happen with this group,GO BUCKS!

Ohio State looks more like a NBA team in that they forgo a classic big man and have a bunch of similar sized wings that spread out the floor to open up driving lanes with pick and rolls and also kick outs to open 3 point shooters. I do think Ohio State will struggle in the B1G tourney but do better in the NCAA tourney when refs tend to call games closer, those big guys will not be able to drop shoulders and bowl over the smaller defenders when an ACC ref is calling the game.

Ohio State looks more like a NBA team in that they forgo a classic big man and have a bunch of similar sized wings that spread out the floor to open up driving lanes with pick and rolls and also kick outs to open 3 point shooters. I do think Ohio State will struggle in the B1G tourney but do better in the NCAA tourney when refs tend to call games closer, those big guys will not be able to drop shoulders and bowl over the smaller defenders when an ACC ref is calling the game.

I tend to think that most Big Ten teams get hurt in the tournament by how the league is officiated in the regular season. I'd agree that for Ohio State I think it will be an advantage getting officials from other leagues in the tournament.

The behind the back pass by Sueing was a backbreaking error with how close and back and forth this game was.
I think it was Washington that threw the behind the back pass. He had a heck of a game otherwise. Great game to watch.

Not much of a basketball guy but that boneheaded behind the back fail was the turning point of the game.
Staying aggressive the last 40 seconds of the first half would have been nice.
Baskets count the same value no matter when they're scored.
But no doubt, that pass was dumb.

Dickinson is tough!
Michigan is very good. I'm not sure how many NCAA teams can match up with their size and athleticism.
Luka Garza is very good also, but the rest of the Iowa team is probably not quite as good as Michigan.
Hopefully the Buckeyes finish out the season with Ws.

Not sure how many good big men there are in the country, but it was a glaring weakness of the Buckeyes yesterday. Lidell is a tough matchup for a big, but he really struggled defensively vs. the Michigan big guy. And you don't want him getting all those fouls either.

Not sure how many good big men there are in the country, but it was a glaring weakness of the Buckeyes yesterday. Lidell is a tough matchup for a big, but he really struggled defensively vs. the Michigan big guy. And you don't want him getting all those fouls either.
There are quality big men (6'11" or more) at Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, Minnesota. not to mention Gonzaga. I agree with not having EJ Liddell not spending too much time/energy guarding those guys. I'd rather have Kyle Young and Zed Key banging on them. However, I do like it when the big boys have to try to guard EJ.

There are quality big men (6'11" or more) at Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, Minnesota. not to mention Gonzaga. I agree with not having EJ Liddell not spending too much time/energy guarding those guys. I'd rather have Kyle Young and Zed Key banging on them. However, I do like it when the big boys have to try to guard EJ.
And I think we saw that yesterday, Liddel could take the Michigan big guy away from the basket, advantage OSU and Michigan's big made hay under the basket on their offensive end. The little guard for Michigan was phenomenal and made alot of plays for the Wolverines.

Kofi Cockburn at Illiniois/ the other big at Iowa, Nourse is really good as a freshman.