279 Commits

Wow, only 4 from Ohio. Three of which are from Darby. Congrats to Hilliard Darby :clap:
It is pretty cool that three kids from Hilliard Darby are going to play college volleyball.

However, I couldn't help but notice that the Buckeyes didn't sign anyone from Ohio this past year. What is up with that?

They couldn't find a single Ohio kid they really wanted in their program? Really?

I'm a Buckeye fan through and through, but I find that very disheartening.

Last edited:
There has typically been one or two players per year that go on to play for one of the strong D1 programs (OSU, PSU, Ball State, Loyola) from Ohio and as had been mentioned before in other threads on here Ohio didn't have the one stud like other years have seen. Max Holt, Steve Kehoe, Lee Meyer, John Tholen, Derek Kues, Owen McAndrews, etc.

FormerWildcat ... How many Ohioians are showing up on other Power teams? If OSU ignores Local Kids ... and they go to USC, PSU, Loyola, I would be concerned. IF they are signing with Quincy then maybe OSU is more concerned with building a champion than pleasing the locals.

FormerWildcat ... How many Ohioians are showing up on other Power teams? If OSU ignores Local Kids ... and they go to USC, PSU, Loyola, I would be concerned. IF they are signing with Quincy then maybe OSU is more concerned with building a champion than pleasing the locals.
That's a fair point. However, one did sign with Lewis, which whooped up on the Buckeyes 3-zip twice last year.

I've been around the boys game for a long time and can't remember any team from Ohio having three players from the same high school sign to play in the MIVA from the same class. Five players in Darby's '13 class are playing college ball actually.