2024 Elder Football

So does Elder actually have trouble finding games? Because if so, why would they not enforce a contract or buyout?
Yes, they have a very difficult time finding games.

They do not enforce the contract because of the negative PR and hassle it would bring.

How do you make a team play you that indicates they will not?

I'm sure they could give him looks there. There are a few other good WRs in that class. Overall has the chance to be a pretty solid class
I agree, the class has way more talent than the record the Frosh team had last yr. However, DB was one major weakness point, they need help there badly.

Craig is also very interesting. He’s raw but has a lot of potential and they really need an every down type of RB in the Program.

Last edited:
Yes, they have a very difficult time finding games.

They do not enforce the contract because of the negative PR and hassle it would bring.

How do you make a team play you that indicates they will not?
How would it bring bad press? Honor your contracts. Plain and simple.

Make it known publicly that Withrow backed out. Especially with the transfer culture of athletes today, make it known that Withrow is dodging teams after signing a contract. Especially with how many kids Withrow has brought in from other programs.

Make it known publicly that Withrow backed out. Especially with the transfer culture of athletes today, make it known that Withrow is dodging teams after signing a contract. Especially with how many kids Withrow has brought in from other programs.
No… let them out of it and find another opportunity and move on with life.

At best Elder get some public sympathy and no game

At worst Elder looks like a whiner and cried to the press and no game

The best solution is to let them out of it and hope others see Elder’s good faith and take a chance to play them.

No… let them out of it and find another opportunity and move on with life.

At best Elder get some public sympathy and no game

At worst Elder looks like a whiner and cried to the press and no game

The best solution is to let them out of it and hope others see Elder’s good faith and take a chance to play them.
I disagree.

All this does is sets the precedent to other schools and to your students that contracts and commitments don't mean anything. You have something in writing signed by both schools and you let the other party off without consequence. That's not going to make it easier to fill your schedule in the future, it will allow more schools to take advantage of you. And thusly, Elder won't be willing to schedule those teams anymore, which will continue to the number of available schools to schedule. I mean honestly, who's left in Cincy to schedule? No GMC, ECC, or now Cincy Public schools.

It's pretty simple in my opinion, honor your commitments. This is making things harder for Elder, not easier IMO.

At the end of the day, it’s best to conduct these discussions in private. No school ever looks good by putting another school on blast.

I disagree.

All this does is sets the precedent to other schools and to your students that contracts and commitments don't mean anything. You have something in writing signed by both schools and you let the other party off without consequence. That's not going to make it easier to fill your schedule in the future, it will allow more schools to take advantage of you. And thusly, Elder won't be willing to schedule those teams anymore, which will continue to the number of available schools to schedule. I mean honestly, who's left in Cincy to schedule? No GMC, ECC, or now Cincy Public schools.

It's pretty simple in my opinion, honor your commitments. This is making things harder for Elder, not easier IMO.
Disagree all you want. Most people want to deal with a reasonable actor and Elder handled this reasonably. That’s better currency than public shaming.

Disagree all you want. Most people want to deal with a reasonable actor and Elder handled this reasonably. That’s better currency than public shaming.
Why have contracts and agreements at all then? Next, people will be complaining about how hard it is to find a week 1 game in 2025 to replace it.

Why have contracts and agreements at all then? Next, people will be complaining about how hard it is to find a week 1 game in 2025 to replace it.

I have no inside knowledge, but a couple things that make sense.
1. It's for 2025 not this season. It's not like they were trying to back out a month before the season. Elder has an entire year to find another opponent for a probable home and home. Either way, they would probably be trying to find another opponent whether it was for 2025 or 2026.
2. It's a week 1 open slot that is much easier to fill than any other week, because of league schedules.

It’s obvious you don’t have any business experience. Contracts are renegotiated all the time and even canceled when one party doesn’t really want to. It’s better to act in good faith than to hold someone’s feet to the fire for very little gain.

It’s obvious you don’t have any business experience. Contracts are renegotiated all the time and even canceled when one party doesn’t really want to. It’s better to act in good faith than to hold someone’s feet to the fire for very little gain.
This is completely and utterly false. Contracts are rarely just cancelled or renegotiated. That's literally the entire point of contracts, to hold someone's feet to the fire as you say.

To much depth at Junior and Senior class for that many Sophs to be up. I can see a couple OL and DL, but LB & WR there is depth. Perhaps as the season progresses some kids may dress especially if there are injuries.

Too much depth at Junior and Senior class for that many Sophs to be up. I can see a couple OL and DL, but LB & WR there is depth. Perhaps as the season progresses some kids may dress especially if there are injuries.
Most will just dress, I can’t see more than a few actually getting PT.

This is completely and utterly false. Contracts are rarely just cancelled or renegotiated. That's literally the entire point of contracts, to hold someone's feet to the fire as you say.
You’re wrong. I’ve been a part of organizations that had teams that were responsible for negotiating and renegotiating contracts. Things change in the business world and sometimes that contract that was negotiated two or three years ago no longer works for either party. If you get the reputation for playing hardball on bad contracts you will find it harder to to find people to work with you. Given the coaching change I’m sure dropping the second game of the contact was in the best interest of both teams. I’m sure Withrow would have dropped the contract altogether given the opportunity but that would have put Elder in a bind for 2024.

You’re wrong. I’ve been a part of organizations that had teams that were responsible for negotiating and renegotiating contracts. Things change in the business world and sometimes that contract that was negotiated two or three years ago no longer works for either party. If you get the reputation for playing hardball on bad contracts you will find it harder to to find people to work with you. Given the coaching change I’m sure dropping the second game of the contact was in the best interest of both teams. I’m sure Withrow would have dropped the contract altogether given the opportunity but that would have put Elder in a bind for 2024.
I'm not, but go ahead and keep trying to tell yourselves that contracts are regularly cancelled and/or terms renegotiated in the middle of tbe contract term. These things happen when the contract term is up for renewal.

I'm not, but go ahead and keep trying to tell yourselves that contracts are regularly cancelled and/or terms renegotiated in the middle of tbe contract term. These things happen when the contract term is up for renewal.
This subject is off topic so I won’t comment anymore after this post, but you are 100% wrong.

I work in the aviation industry and as an example all of our contracts are being renegotiated with side letters and amendments. I have one contract that’s only two years old that has 7 amendments. Another vendor that can’t supply parts what’s to change their pricing and turn around times.
It’s bad business to say “F you, you will pay a penalty for not providing a part that everyone has an issue finding on the market.” They would never do business with us again and neither will their competitors. No one wants to deal with a hard, people want to deal with reasonable actors that benefit both parties.

This subject is off topic so I won’t comment anymore after this post, but you are 100% wrong.

I work in the aviation industry and as an example all of our contracts are being renegotiated with side letters and amendments. I have one contract that’s only two years old that has 7 amendments. Another vendor that can’t supply parts what’s to change their pricing and turn around times.
It’s bad business to say “F you, you will pay a penalty for not providing a part that everyone has an issue finding on the market.” They would never do business with us again and neither will their competitors. No one wants to deal with a hard, people want to deal with reasonable actors that benefit both parties.
Then why did this company commit to providing said parts knowing they are so difficult. That's bad business and they absolutely should be held accountable. That's the issue in today's world, zero accountability. And that's bad business letting people out of contracts.

That's why long term contracts are typically bad ideas. When I am on contract teams, we rarely go over 2 years for the term.

But you do you and Elder will do Elder. Hopefully they'll find a week 1 in 2025 easily.

Why do you care so much?
Because it's symptomatic of greater societal issues.

I like that I can attend this game since it's on a Thursday, it's an intriguing matchup.

Go, enjoy the original horseshoe shaped high school stadium in Cincinnati and can't wait to hear all the complaints about the metal detectors, parking, and other trivial things.

Because it's symptomatic of greater societal issues.

I like that I can attend this game since it's on a Thursday, it's an intriguing matchup.

Go, enjoy the original horseshoe shaped high school stadium in Cincinnati and can't wait to hear all the complaints about the metal detectors, parking, and other trivial things.

Know what is a BIGGER symptom of greater societal issues? Metal detectors at high school events.

he sounds like trey more and more.....

is he an elder alum? i know he thinks he's the all knowing of high school football

jtk
()