2023 St. Edward Football

They do when asked. First two weeks of 2023 had/have a high probability of being scheduled and managed by third parties.

We’d all love games against local opponents. Those days are gone until the run is over. Enjoy it while it lasts.
I’m not sure many people would love to see against local opponents. Also you do not have any local opponents that will play that game in most cases. They are national program at this point in their schedule needs to reflect that. The best should to play the best.

I’m not sure many people would love to see against local opponents. Also you do not have any local opponents that will play that game in most cases. They are national program at this point in their schedule needs to reflect that. The best should to play the best.
The dorks on here care, myself included. But I‘d bet most would be more than fine with playing Glenville, Mentor or Avon in weeks 1 and 2. Local games, more fans.

Playing Center Grove and IMG sounds cool, but these are out of necessity.

2023 Schedule
1 @ Massillon event vs ???? St Thomas Aquinas (FL)???
2 H Pittsburgh Central Catholic
4 @ Cincinnati Elder
5 @ Massillon ????
7 H St Ignatius
8 H Football North
9 H Archbishop Moeller
10 @ Archbishop Hoban
looks like PCC is off for Week 2, and River Rouge on Week 6

On another note, I came across a box of old VHS tapes. I think it might be the mother lode. About 20 tapes. 3 labeled 1971, 1972 and 1973 when I played. The rest are from the 90s and early 2000s. My neighbor was the Ed's AD in the 90s. I remember him saying they found some old game films and he put them on tape for me plus he was giving me tapes from the 90s. Included is the 1995 35-34 game with Ed's commentary. For some reason, I have an Iggy 1993 Masterpiece tape narrated by Jack Corrigan. Not sure of the quality since they've been in a box in my basement. I have a DVD recorder lined-up.
You failed to mention the 35-34 game, and I'm glad I bring it up because it's never been mentioned before (wink), went into 3OT

The dorks on here care, myself included. But I‘d bet most would be more than fine with playing Glenville, Mentor or Avon in weeks 1 and 2. Local games, more fans.

Hey I’m a dork too. Lol. If they played it would likely be blowouts. I understand Where you are coming from.

Avon was looking hard for a high quality opponent for Week 2 and reached out to a lot of heavyweights, including St Ignatius, and finally wound up with Canton McKinley. They wanted to renew with Medina, and reached out to Mentor, Iggy, Massillon and others of that ilk, but St Edward is really a bridge too far for Avon. The green and gold Eagles are at another level.

Avon would get manhandled much like Hudson did yrs ago with their best team ever in the playoffs. There’s diff levels and Avon is not there.

Disagree with this one. Maybe next year but not in other years. Ed’s is just benefiting from back to back loaded classes.

C5BD86CA-C180-43BA-8FBE-A555CB24F146.png

No team in the last 10 yrs from Avon comes remotely close.
I will agree Ed’s a level above Avon, and most everyone else in Ohio, and there is no reason for them to play. Avon’s been there with Toledo CC the last couple years, though, and TCC has given you guys pretty good games, so I think Avon would at least make you break a sweat for the win.

2023 Schedule
8/19 N Center Grove (IN)
8/27 N Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD)
9/2 H Howard D. Woodson (DC)
9/9 A Cincinnati Elder
9/15 A Massillon Washington
9/22 H River Rouge
9/30 H St Ignatius
10/7 H Football North
10/14 H Archbishop Moeller
10/20 A Archbishop Hoban

2023 Schedule
8/19 N Center Grove (IN)
9/9 A Cincinnati Elder
9/22 H River Rouge
9/30 H St Ignatius
10/7 H Football North
10/20 A Archbishop Hoban
Center Grove and OLGC compare favorably to Toledo CC and Cherry Creek. River Rouge is likely a step down from Pittsburgh Central Catholic and Rock Creek from last year. Woodson is unfortunately not very good.

Overall, not bad. 5 home games. Assuming Weeks 1 & 2 are Canton/Massillon?. Hoban away. That's 9 games within an hour drive. Then Elder in Cincinnati.

2023 Schedule
8/19 N Center Grove (IN)
9/9 A Cincinnati Elder
9/22 H River Rouge
9/30 H St Ignatius
10/7 H Football North
10/20 A Archbishop Hoban
Wow, unbelievable schedule. Good luck guys.

I will agree Ed’s a level above Avon, and most everyone else in Ohio, and there is no reason for them to play. Avon’s been there with Toledo CC the last couple years, though, and TCC has given you guys pretty good games, so I think Avon would at least make you break a sweat for the win.
I don't think it would be a blow out either, especially as it would be played early in the year (well before Ed's is typically hitting their playoff stride).

Avon and Avon Lake would probably be powerhouses if not for the amount of families in those cities that send their boys Ed's and Ignatius' way.
Possibly but Strongsville / Brunswick are bigger schools that send plenty to Ed’s / Ignatius and they’re both way underachieving hard to say.

Possibly but Strongsville / Brunswick are bigger schools that send plenty to Ed’s / Ignatius and they’re both way underachieving hard to say.
You could say the same thing about Bay, River, Lakewood, or even John Marshall for a long period of time. Tons of West Park kids have starred for the Cats and Eagles.