West Jefferson

South Division
Catholic Central
Cedarville
Greenon
Greeneview
Southeastern
Madison Plains

Here's how I see rankings after watching several games last year.
North: N'Eastern is LOADED-theirs to lose; Fairbanks brings back almost all; Everyone else lost quite a bit(could only be 1-2 players in this league).
South: G'view with the lefty pitcher and nearly all bats return is hands down the favorite; S'Eastern plays good D and has some bats-will make some noise and win some OOC/cross-over games. C'ville lost McKinion(spelling?)-that hurts. Greenon lost PITCHING; CC & Plains for bottom

I think Greenon will surprise a few teams, Stevens is back after being injured all last season, that has to be a huge .

I agree Northeastern and Greeneview seem to be the favorites.

Southeastern and Cedarville are interesting. Ville lost Mckinion but return 6 starters to their line-up (all juniors), pitching will definitely be a question mark. Southeastern lost the Smith kid who was their ace during their district championship run. They return a pretty solid core and I believe Mckee will pick up where Smith left off.

This conference can get crazy, if it goes anything like last year, no team is safe.

WLS is young, but about as much talent as they've had in a long time. Question mark will probably be pitching. I anticipate the starting 9 to be 1 senior, 4 juniors, 3 sophomores, 1 freshman. And there's a steady flow of talent coming up through the ranks. I know I'm a homer, but I think the Tigers are going to shock a few people this season.

Tazhutch- I will agree that WJ has to be the biggest surprise. I didn't know enough about their Frosh/Soph to give early credits. They have performed good. Could be some lean years for the rest of the OHC (North and South) with what WJ has coming in Jr High too.
I would even agree with WLS that the Tigers are getting more out of their young ones too than expected. I would add the Allen kid has better command this year. Still, I'm still not sold their hitting or D on the regular.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't believe many in OHC gave the Burg much of a chance after what they lost from last year, but here they are still in the chase and truth be told let WJ off the hook the other night( although they play each other again at WJ).
What up with Northeastern? Seems they are hitting, but are Errors the deal? To me, they have underperformed with what they had returning.
Time will tell as the North certainly has games left where who comes away with the title could come down to the very last Reg. season game.

Tazhutch- I will agree that WJ has to be the biggest surprise. I didn't know enough about their Frosh/Soph to give early credits. They have performed good. Could be some lean years for the rest of the OHC (North and South) with what WJ has coming in Jr High too.
I would even agree with WLS that the Tigers are getting more out of their young ones too than expected. I would add the Allen kid has better command this year. Still, I'm still not sold their hitting or D on the regular.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't believe many in OHC gave the Burg much of a chance after what they lost from last year, but here they are still in the chase and truth be told let WJ off the hook the other night( although they play each other again at WJ).
What up with Northeastern? Seems they are hitting, but are Errors the deal? To me, they have underperformed with what they had returning.
Time will tell as the North certainly has games left where who comes away with the title could come down to the very last Reg. season game.
They do have some very good talent coming up