2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to change the subject for a minute… I ran into Ricardo Wells and DeAngelo Zimmerman today while I was out. Ricardo is all of 6’3 and I bet 200 pounds and if not he’s close. And DeAngelo is all of 6’2/3 and he weighs a good 215-220 right now. Those two got big since I’ve seen them last wow. Anyway carry on

Just to change the subject for a minute… I ran into Ricardo Wells and DeAngelo Zimmerman today while I was out. Ricardo is all of 6’3 and I bet 200 pounds and if not he’s close. And DeAngelo is all of 6’2/3 and he weighs a good 215-220 right now. Those two got big since I’ve seen them last wow. Anyway carry on
Well good to see that Ricardo’s new listed size is actually accurate. I almost worry about him growing out of the receiver position that I was hoping he would dominate at this year. As for DJ I hope we find somewhere for him to have an opportunity to contribute. Maybe FB this year and then middle backer next year? Or maybe the Obie spot this year

Stop the cop garbage you aren’t one anymore.

Does the name Lamuel Flowers ring a bell ?

To say it would be problematic to play a team like Valdosta that doesn’t have players still on the team because of the trouble they got in the year before is just ignorant. If that’s the case anytime a kid is kicked off his team because of any trouble that team certainly shouldn’t be playing anyone else for the next what 3-5 years.
Get a clue.

People like you are the PROBLEM.

Find a way to justify playing a game and ignore a situation, that needs investigated before we schedule a team, whose leaders are involved in gang activity. You attempt at justifying it by drawing ridiculous comparisons, that bare no factual basis to the specific situation here, which only makes you look like a fool.

Being in charge of security at Massillon football games for 25 yrs. I have specific knowledge that there was no one in the administration that would callously try to justify playing a team in this situation without thoroughly investigating the situation.

Instead of taking the responsible approach of checking into the situation to determine that is handled properly, you think attacking me personally and comparing this situation to a minor disciplinary one does anything but make you look like anything but a irresponsible fool. You actually aren't just ignorant, your stupid. Trolls add approval and that causes you to lose whatever common sense you have and ignore the magnitude of what this involves.

No one has any idea the magnitude of this situation but you assume when gang activity is involved that removing two players will correct the problem. Anyone with any experience with gang activity knows that is highly unlikely.

Yes, my LE experience would give my opinion FAR more creditability that yours but the magnitude of the game causes some, unfortunately to ignore responsible investigation of a dangerous situation.

We can continue this off the board or I'll gladly continue to rebut the stupidity you've posted, making you look very foolish.

Yes, there was also a player Thom McDaniels got out to play, that was involved in a homicide but there's a difference in players being victimized and those directly involved in gang activity.

Last edited:
The names circled below says it all doesn’t Tiger fans….
View attachment 39659
This has nothing to do with what is being discussed but the poster thinks Massillon fans will ignore the significance of the situation because he doesn't have the brains to see this situation needs investigated. He's more interested in pursuing his issues with these trolls than making certain this situation is thoroughly checked into.

Yes. Massillon fans are so shallow that they will ignore evaluating a situation because of which poster posts their approval. He's ACTUALLY that STUPID!!!

Are you saying that we should expect Valdosta players to bring guns or weapons tucked into their waistband to the game?
Another poster defines his stupidity, by ignoring professional oversight of a situation, by posting the most ludicrous LIE, that in no way is reflected in anything I posted.

Massillon school officials meet Valdosta ones, to investigate just what happened and so that all their concerns will be addressed prior to the game. How many more times do I need to post this?

I know the significance of this game makes "some" fans lose their common sense and try to mischaracterize my posts and marginalize me, so NOTHING stands in the way of the game but that isn't the case.

Another poster defines his stupidity, by ignoring professional oversight of a situation, by posting the most ludicrous LIE, that in no way is reflected in anything I posted.

Massillon school officials meet Valdosta ones, to investigate just what happened and so that all their concerns will be addressed prior to the game. How many more time do I need to post this?

I know the significance of this game makes "some" fans lose their common sense and try to mischaracterize my posts and marginalize me, so NOTHING stands in the way of the game but that isn't the case.
Dude I just asked a simple question. You sound like you have experience so I’m asking what exactly Massillon should be worried about happening?

Dude I just asked a simple question. You sound like you have experience so I’m asking what exactly Massillon should be worried about happening?
Seriously, after all that I've posted this is about making certain that Valdosta officials have this situation under control and what measures we should take as preventatives BEFORE they ever arrive.

I doubt with a game this distant that we will have a student section to monitor and that whoever they can ID as possible problems, that were involved in the shootings or gangs will be incarcerated or not able to travel here.

The security meeting with officers of both departments present, will be informed of what to look out for and asked what recommendations they have, including Massillon football game security assignments for the game.

Other than a few isolated incidents the behavior of Massillon fans has been excellent since I started in 1975 and we had to wear riot helmets because of the situations we were handling.

Well good to see that Ricardo’s new listed size is actually accurate. I almost worry about him growing out of the receiver position that I was hoping he would dominate at this year. As for DJ I hope we find somewhere for him to have an opportunity to contribute. Maybe FB this year and then middle backer next year? Or maybe the Obie spot this year
Yeah he’s all of what I seen today. His pops was 6’2 and he weighed about 200-215 when he was in school. And hudl definitely needs to update DeAngelo because he’s not 5’11 200 lol. That boy got big. Here’s what I’m hoping for this year. Get a nice lead and start sprinkling some of these guys in with the starters when we can. Create depth and hopefully save some guys from getting their bodies beat up. I think with what I know today we should be able to do those things. Ricardo is long and I’m not sure if he’s done growing. DeAngelo definitely grew and put some weight on.

Yeah he’s all of what I seen today. His pops was 6’2 and he weighed about 200-215 when he was in school. And hudl definitely needs to update DeAngelo because he’s not 5’11 200 lol. That boy got big. Here’s what I’m hoping for this year. Get a nice lead and start sprinkling some of these guys in with the starters when we can. Create depth and hopefully save some guys from getting their bodies beat up. I think with what I know today we should be able to do those things. Ricardo is long and I’m not sure if he’s done growing. DeAngelo definitely grew and put some weight on.
That ‘25 class has athletes so hopefully they work hard in the weight room and are ready to play a larger role on the field this year

People like you are the PROBLEM.

Find a way to justify playing a game and ignore a situation, that needs investigated before we schedule a team, whose leaders are involved in gang activity. You attempt at justifying it by drawing ridiculous comparisons, that bare no factual basis to the specific situation here, which only makes you look like a fool.

Being in charge of security at Massillon football games for 25 yrs. I have specific knowledge that there was no one in the administration that would callously try to justify playing a team in this situation without thoroughly investigating the situation.

Instead of taking the responsible approach of checking into the situation to determine that is handled properly, you think attacking me personally and comparing this situation to a minor disciplinary one does anything but make you look like anything but a irresponsible fool. You actually aren't just ignorant, your stupid. Trolls add approval and that causes you to lose whatever common sense you have and ignore the magnitude of what this involves.

No one has any idea the magnitude of this situation but you assume when gang activity is involved that removing two players will correct the problem. Anyone with any experience with gang activity knows that is highly unlikely.

Yes, my LE experience would give my opinion FAR more creditability that yours but the magnitude of the game causes some, unfortunately to ignore responsible investigation of a dangerous situation.

We can continue this off the board or I'll gladly continue to rebut the stupidity you've posted, making you look very foolish.

Yes, there was also a player Thom McDaniels got out to play, that was involved in a homicide but there's a difference in players being victimized and those directly involved in gang activity.
It’s just sad

Last edited by a moderator:
This has nothing to do with what is being discussed but the poster thinks Massillon fans will ignore the significance of the situation because he doesn't have the brains to see this situation needs investigated. He's more interested in pursuing his issues with these trolls than making certain this situation is thoroughly checked into.

Yes. Massillon fans are so shallow that they will ignore evaluating a situation because of which poster posts their approval. He's ACTUALLY that STUPID!!!
So you are saying this isn’t being investigated or you just don’t have a damn clue wether it is or not you are just assuming,,,, which is actually that stupid.

So you are saying this isn’t being investigated or you just don’t have a damn clue wether it is or not you are just assuming,,,, which is actually that stupid.
What I said is posted a number of times, including your attempts to twist what was said because the trolls liked it, causing you to lose what mind you might have and ASSume Massillon fans would ignore what needs to be done because trolls you hate liked it.

Most posters know who posts on this site but regardless, you proved the scumbag you are by outing me, which should get you banned from the board.

I said what SHOULD BE DONE and has been done in the past (e.g.: after the Marion Harding playoff game). Your attempts to mischaracterize what posters say so you can attack them doesn't work because you are so STUPID, so give it up!!!

When I made my first post I KNEW who would attack the posts and ignore the situation because your too stupid to figure out that playing a game isn't the only thing, there are more important ideals, the games are played for.

What I said is posted a number of times, including your attempts to twist what was said because the trolls liked it, causing you to lose what mind you might have and ASSume Massillon fans would ignore what needs to be done because trolls you hate liked it.

Most posters know who posts on this site but regardless, you proved the scumbag you are by outing me, which should get you banned from the board.

I said what SHOULD BE DONE and has been done in the past (e.g.: after the Marion Harding playoff game). Your attempts to mischaracterize what posters say so you can attack them doesn't work because you are so STUPID, so give it up!!!

When I made my first post I KNEW who would attack the posts and ignore the situation because your too stupid to figure out that playing a game isn't the only thing, there are more important ideals, the games are played for.
Would you just stop. This is not an isolated incident exclusive to Valdosta. I am sure the Massillon admin has discussed it. What the he!! do you suggest they do. Unfortunately these gun incidents happen everywhere. Incidents happened just like this numerous times throughout Ohio and across the country just last year. A few very close to Massillon, one involving 2 teams on Massillon’s schedule. The Valdosta incident happened 1000 miles from Massillon, I highly doubt anything pertaining to that incident will resurface in Massillon 7 months later and more than 1000 miles from town it happened in.

Would you just stop. This is not an isolated incident exclusive to Valdosta. I am sure the Massillon admin has discussed it. What the he!! do you suggest they do. Unfortunately these gun incidents happen everywhere. Incidents happened just like this numerous times throughout Ohio and across the country just last year. A few very close to Massillon, one involving 2 teams on Massillon’s schedule. The Valdosta incident happened 1000 miles from Massillon, I highly doubt anything pertaining to that incident will resurface in Massillon 7 months later and more than 1000 miles from town it happened in.
Could you be a bigger fool? That two team leaders are involved in a shooting related to gang activity and we should ignore it.

You have absolute no knowledge of what we are dealing with or what action is necessary to prevent a reoccurrence of it. We can take your word as an expert, NOT, that it is an everyday occurrence we can ignore as if nothing happened.

I can assure you that the administrators I know aren't ignorant to the degree of stupidity you are, to want to play a game so badly that they will show your unbelievable callousness in investigating what actions the Valdosta officials have taken to ensure the safety of this game.

Fortunately, there aren't too many zealots that feel like you do, in positions of authority who will decide whether to go ahead with this game.

I mean drug cartels don't operate in gang like activity all over the country, their actions too, are limited to the border. Fool

You made your point no need to belabor it to death. FW is correct in that we play and have played numerous city schools with city problems from Toledo to Cleveland to Akron to Canton, Warren, Youngstown, Steubenville, Columbus & Cincinnati, not the least of which Canton McKinley in front of packed houses, and know how to handle it.

If as you say, the administrators in place know how to handle the situation and are assuredly doing so, then why do you care what a couple of guys on yappi say about it. None of us are in control regardless of our opinions so what difference does it make? I think we all have the utmost trust based on past experiences that the game will be just as safe as all others

The people need to know where this nonsense that you posts comes from, crazy people post crazy 💩 sorry if the truth hurts. This is your first post on the subject….
“Depending on how Valdosta officials handle this, do we look to replace them on the schedule? The blackeye we'd get for scheduling a team with leaders involved in gang activities and attempted homicide, will be problematic, even if they are all removed.

It will definitely effect their performance and do we even want their team here with the security issues involved?!

We can wait to see how they handle it but then not have time to replace them on the schedule, if necessary.”

So you are basically saying no matter if they kick the kids off the team or not then we should think about rescheduling them. Which I said was ignorant because there have been many teams we have played that have had a kid or kids kicked off the team either before or during the season and there was no black eye or no issues. Hell for that matter we have kicked kids off the team before or even suspended them for a game or 2 during the season and I don’t remember the last time a team didn’t want to play us because of it.
Sure it’s going to effect their performance because those kids are good so again we shouldnt play them because of that ???
So I will say it again your assuming Massillon officials don’t know anything about this or haven’t talked about it and your opinion that we should think about not playing them is just ignorant.

He's more interested in pursuing his issues with these trolls than making certain this situation is thoroughly checked into.
Bzzzz wrong answer. I know for a fact it’s been talked about, Coach Moore isn’t a hard person to find or talk to when you see him. Try it sometime instead of being anonymous on a football forum spouting out your pie hole.

I guess Valdosta is just going to cancel their season altogether. More to come later
They certainly won’t be playing any home games or games in Georgia this year, I mean can you imagine how unsafe it would be ??? The game against Massillon will most certainly be cancelled since they have a couple of kids on the team involved in gang activity that means when we play them Valdosta will rent buses for all of the people in the gangs to come to Massillon to attend the game and cause all kinds of problems. 🙄😂😂😂

Here are the returning starters we have on defense.

DE- 96 Malachi Card / 84 Chase Bond
NT-
DT- 45 Mike Wright Jr.
OBIE- 12 Brandon Carmen
MLB- 34 Dorian Pringle
WLB- 33 Cody Fair
SLB- 9 Maverick Clark
SS- 16 Ryan Page
FS-
CB- Zack Leibler
CB-

Also: Vito McConnell saw a decent amount of time on this side of the ball.

Tyler Hackenbracht looked to at least be in a rotation at safety before he was injured.

Hopefully Kendall Thomas can contribute and at least add some depth.

A couple of younger guys that can hopefully find their way into some playing time are juniors Chris Fair and Maxwell Tanner.

Could Isiah McElroy possibly fill the void (at least in a rotation) at NT?

Ta'Shaun Smith, if I remember correctly got the start at RB two years ago against St. Ed. Haven't heard much from him since, he appears to be a pretty good athlete, at 6'1" and around 170, is he athletic enough to play corner? Add depth at safety?

A few more guys, Sr. Adonis Marshall 5'11" 160 and Jr. Joey Musleve 6'1" 165 (who saw some action at receiver early last year before having to sit out the second half of the season including playoffs) could see some action on both sides of the ball bUT with their height, I was hoping they could compete for corner spots.

Some incoming sophomores who will undoubtedly see plenty of action on either side of the ball but hopefully on defense....

Jadyce Thigpen 6'0" 179....corner? Depth at safety?

Lennox Lemon 6'0" 160....watched him at corner last year, kid can really cover and is absolutely not afraid to stick his nose in there. I realize freshmen football and varsity as a sophomore are two different things but look for this kid in the near future.

Zayshawn Murray don't know his size but he's definitely a thick kid, could see time at NT.

Logan Allman made a lot of plays last year and has really nice size.

Jadyn Williams 6'1" 185 is a really good RB and will probably close out some games there (hopefully we're in that position a lot) but obviously with Mitchell and Lenix he'll have to bide his time, until then why not find a spot for him on the defensive side of the ball?

Jr. to be Deangelo Zimmerman 5'11" 200 will bring depth at LB.
Let's look at the other side of the ball.

QB- Slaughter/Owens
RB- Lenix/Mitchell
RB- Mitchell/Lenix
WR-X- Wells
WR-Z- Wiggins
WR-Y- Leibler
LT- Evan Sirgo
LG- Michael Looney
C- Jones/Voshel
RG- Voshel/Jones
RT- Snodgrass
TE- Bond/Davenport
FB- Davenport/Hogan

All obviously is projections

With the Y & Z receiver positions Wiggins and Leibler were listed as starters on last year's depth chart but obviously Toles will fill one of those positions. Thigpen could also fill one. Several others also.

With all of the athletes we have I kinda wish Bond would have moved to tackle last year sliding Snodgrass down to the guard position and create a little more depth. Davenport could play TE full time and Hogan or Allman amongst others could play FB.

Nick Paul & Zayshawn Murray possibly at a G position.

Some of the usual suspects like Chris Fair and Maxwell Tanner and a few incoming sophomores.

Brumfield saw some theme at C last year.

As far as lineman go all we can do is hope they grow physically and put the work in.

Let's look at the other side of the ball.

QB- Slaughter/Owens
RB- Lenix/Mitchell
RB- Mitchell/Lenix
WR-X- Wells
WR-Z- Wiggins
WR-Y- Leibler
LT- Evan Sirgo
LG- Michael Looney
C- Jones/Voshel
RG- Voshel/Jones
RT- Snodgrass
TE- Bond/Davenport
FB- Davenport/Hogan

All obviously is projections

With the Y & Z receiver positions Wiggins and Leibler were listed as starters on last year's depth chart but obviously Toles will fill one of those positions. Thigpen could also fill one. Several others also.

With all of the athletes we have I kinda wish Bond would have moved to tackle last year sliding Snodgrass down to the guard position and create a little more depth. Davenport could play TE full time and Hogan or Allman amongst others could play FB.

Nick Paul & Zayshawn Murray possibly at a G position.

Some of the usual suspects like Chris Fair and Maxwell Tanner and a few incoming sophomores.

Brumfield saw some theme at C last year.

As far as lineman go all we can do is hope they grow physically and put the work in.
Did Toles transfer or something?

Did you read the comments/notes underneath?
I think that Zimmerman is going to be a tough one to keep out of the lineup on both sides of the ball. His size currently I think changed some things. But like you said it’s all projections and guys are going to have to go earn a spot. No position on this current team is a given as far as not having some competition. It’s unbelievable how deep this team can go if it had to, on paper. Can’t wait to see them all competing!

Sorry grabbed the wrong quote/comment lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.