2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the other MAC coaches are looking at if they think they have better linebacker prospects lining up to go to their schools 🤷🏼‍♂️
Bluntly, some of these MAC schools should be D I-AA or Division 2 in football. With the red ink at astronomical levels for some of these schools, you gotta wonder. Here's lookin at ya Zips and Golden Flashes. They'd have instant rivals with YSU if they dropped down a division.

D2 schools like Ashland, Walsh and Findlay are good and D3 with the COW (College of Wooster) and Mount are fun to follow.

As we all know, coach Moore is a University of Dayton Flyer along with Chuck Noll and Jon "Chucky" Gruden. A long...LONG...time ago UD had a rivalry with Xavier in football before the Musketeers (the woman in my world's Masters degree is from there) decided to only focus on hoops and dropped football around 1980.

The bottom line is it's great for Tigers to play college football no matter where.

Last edited:
Bluntly, some of these MAC schools should be D I-AA or Division 2 in football. With the red ink at astronomical levels for some of these schools, you gotta wonder. Here's lookin at ya Zips and Golden Flashes. They'd have instant rivals with YSU if they dropped down a division.

D2 schools like Ashland, Walsh and Findlay are good and D3 with the COW (College of Wooster) and Mount are fun to follow.

As we all know, coach Moore is a University of Dayton Flyer along with Chuck Noll and Jon "Chucky" Gruden. A long...LONG...time ago UD had a rivalry with Xavier in football before the Musketeers (the woman in my world's Masters degree is from there) decided to only focus on hoops and dropped football around 1980.

The bottom line is it's great for Tigers to play college football no matter where.
Brandon Staley head coach of the Chargers was QB at Dayton as well, he missed Moore by a year I think. I took him along to the Massillon McKinley oversold playoff game at Akron as I'm friends with his dad, of course he was a little kid then. Funny about that game, Ben McDaniels was a ball boy who ended up coaching with Brandon with the Bears and Mark Thewes who I think scored the winning TD for McKinley was vice president of football operations with the Broncos when Brandon was there.. and of course Josh McDaniels was the QB but their paths havent crossed yet although they've coached against each other.. There was another player for McKinley that was there in Denver as well just can't remember his name..But he was so excited to go to that game and was the one who pushed us to leave early otherwise we probably would have been among the thousands who didn't get in..Definetly a night to remember, atmosphere was off the charts

Brandon Staley head coach of the Chargers was QB at Dayton as well, he missed Moore by a year I think. I took him along to the Massillon McKinley oversold playoff game at Akron as I'm friends with his dad, of course he was a little kid then. Funny about that game, Ben McDaniels was a ball boy who ended up coaching with Brandon with the Bears and Mark Thewes who I think scored the winning TD for McKinley was vice president of football operations with the Broncos when Brandon was there.. and of course Josh McDaniels was the QB but their paths havent crossed yet although they've coached against each other.. There was another player for McKinley that was there in Denver as well just can't remember his name..But he was so excited to go to that game and was the one who pushed us to leave early otherwise we probably would have been among the thousands who didn't get in..Definetly a night to remember, atmosphere was off the charts
Kenny Peterson

Here's a complete list of the Denver Yonkos, I mean Broncos, front office*

*Denver Yonkos is an obscure Myron Cope reference from Pittsburgh in the 80s.

Sorry that was my fault... I got excited to tell the story of taking the Chargers head coach to the Massillon McKiney game with a couple people he ended up working with from that game, I thought that would be OK... but I'll stay on track in the future...With that said...Who of the freshman lineman do people think have a shot at contributing both offense and defense? I would think there's one or two..

Jadyn Williams
Logan Allman
Jadyce Thigpen
Lennox Lemon
Zayshawn Murray

Are the 5 obvious names that could very well contribute. I'm sure there are a few more that could, there are variables too, how hard did they work in the offseason? How is their attendance at workouts? Did they grow?

Bently hasn't done anything, as far as I know. Losing big number 10 is huge tho, kid is a beast.

Word is #9 is involved also just name didn't get in the paper. Maybe a juvenile and wasn't charges aren't as an adult type thing. Article did say more charges may be coming as well.

I'd take Marcus Moore over Omar White any day.
What a great " warrior poet", and outstanding Tiger Mr. Moore is.
What a shame that these Georgia students may have thrown away the greatest opportunities of their young lives. Its a sad testament to what our society has devolved into.

Last edited:
What a great " warrior poet", and outstanding Tiger Mr. Moore is.
What a shame that these Georgia students may have thrown away the greatest opportunities of their young lives. Its a sad testament to what our society has devolved into.
yeah it's unfortunate and it happens all the time.. very sad indeed

Jadyn Williams
Logan Allman
Jadyce Thigpen
Lennox Lemon
Zayshawn Murray

Are the 5 obvious names that could very well contribute. I'm sure there are a few more that could, there are variables too, how hard did they work in the offseason? How is their attendance at workouts? Did they grow?
Williams, Thigpen, and Murray I expect to contribute somewhere. The other 2 I think have a good shot as well. Like you said though it’s the other things that might determine how much or if they do. I know In the playoffs Thigpen and Williams were on the kickoff team. I know Williams ran down and made the tackle in one of those games

Depending on how Valdosta officials handle this, do we look to replace them on the schedule? The blackeye we'd get for scheduling a team with leaders involved in gang activities and attempted homicide, will be problematic, even if they are all removed.

It will definitely effect their performance and do we even want their team here with the security issues involved?!

We can wait to see how they handle it but then not have time to replace them on the schedule, if necessary.

Depending on how Valdosta officials handle this, do we look to replace them on the schedule? The blackeye we'd get for scheduling a team with leaders involved in gang activities and attempted homicide, will be problematic, even if they are all removed.

It will definitely effect their performance and do we even want their team here with the security issues involved?!

We can wait to see how they handle it but then not have time to replace them on the schedule, if necessary.
Why would we ? We play a similar team like that every year in week 10.

Why would we ? We play a similar team like that every year in week 10.
List the yrs. ANY team we scheduled has ANY team players, much less leaders, involved in homicidal gang activity, that they had been arrested for? The balls in your court!

Put your head in the sand and don't even have school officials meet to review the situation, so we aren't blindsided by people, who simply want to dismiss the situation because it's like another team (which till proven otherwise, it clearly isn't).

Giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming the media is sensationalizing the incident is fair but when you have gang activity involving multiple shootings, our officials with the assistance of our resource officer, isn't unreasonable to confirm what the situation actually is.

Last edited:
List the yrs. ANY team we scheduled has ANY team players, much less leaders, involved in homicidal gang activity, that they had been arrested for? The balls in your court!

Put your head in the sand and don't even have school officials meet to review the situation, so we aren't blindsided by people, who simply want to dismiss the situation because it's like another team (which till proven otherwise, it clearly isn't).

Giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming the media is sensationalizing the incident is fair but when you have gang activity involving multiple shootings, our officials with the assistance of our resource officer, isn't unreasonable to confirm what the situation actually is.
Stop the cop garbage you aren’t one anymore.

Does the name Lamuel Flowers ring a bell ?

To say it would be problematic to play a team like Valdosta that doesn’t have players still on the team because of the trouble they got in the year before is just ignorant. If that’s the case anytime a kid is kicked off his team because of any trouble that team certainly shouldn’t be playing anyone else for the next what 3-5 years.
Get a clue.

If those culprits are no longer on the team which I can’t imagine they would be if found guilty of gang related violence why would we need to cancel the game? A lot went into getting this scheduled and there aren’t a lot of backup options at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.