2023 Glenville Football

EXACTLY!!!! And who provides more structure? Inner city Cleveland (and yes I will concede that some from within the inner city are thriving) statistically speaking though you’ll find way more college graduates and lower incarceration rates from St. Ed’s graduates than any Cleveland public school. Poverty levels will be much higher also…. Do you wish to contest this??
Nobody and I mean nobody cares!!!! Once you become an adult all of this goes out the window. A St. Eds degree don't mean that much in this country unless your talking to another St Eds alumn. You think if you go apply for a IT job in Texas anybody would give a whoot nanny. After about the age of 25 you shouldn't even have your high school listed on your resume anyways. Parents, College, and a kid who is engaged is way more impactful then their choice of high school. And keep this is mind buddy I attended private school for 8 years as well as both of my siblings. There ain't much of a difference

Yeah I’m the dumb one, defending someone who just left an elite school with an elite program to go to school and play in Glenville, Ohio, an area with the lowest test scores and highest crime in Ohio. Smart!!!
At least at Glenville they don't have to worry about teachers being arrested for trying to meet a 15 year old boy. Or students being sexually assaulted. But yeah Lakewood St. Edwards is a quality school.

The bottom line is that you could find dirt on any school in Ohio if you needed. Don't make it seem like your schools are perfect. Like someone else stated it's amazing how butthurt you guys are that Glenville won a title.
Just stating facts, ignoring facts is just as ignorant.

Glenville cannot in any way shape or form be argued as better than Glenville than St. Ed’s in anything. There’s no debating this, what does a kid leaving Ed’s to go to Glenville actually gain? I’ll listen to answers but doubt they’ll be legitimate responses.

Glenville cannot in any way shape or form be argued as better than Glenville than St. Ed’s in anything. There’s no debating this, what does a kid leaving Ed’s to go to Glenville actually gain? I’ll listen to answers but doubt they’ll be legitimate responses.
Glenville isn't better at anything? Does producing Power 5 and NFL players not count? This is my first time posting here, I'm somewhat surprised at the vitriol towards Glenville and its accomplishments, although I know that I shouldn't. I just a post on a University of Miami fan group on Facebook that listed the top high schools in the country for producing NFL talent....Glenville was tied for 7th with 7 players. It's not all about those numbers, but it is impressive. There were no other teams from Ohio on the list at all. Historically Glenville doesn't have a resume to match some of the long standing powers, but if we're being honest and objective, they're the current and in all likelihood the future of football in the state.

Oh, and Glenville does the track & field sprints better. LOL.

7th all time but yet still fudge numbers to be d4 cause they can’t win a chip in the division they actually should be in. Huh! Guess it not due to lack of talent, must be something else.
I’d like to see your math on the numbers to cause the swing in divisions.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Only Kyan and his family can answer that, but they don't owe an explanation to anyone. I suspect he wants to play his final season of high school football with a group of guys he grew up playing with and try to be a part of another championship team for his community.

Ginn Academy opened in 2007
2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4 Pandemic Year No Season
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
Somebody please remind me where they cheated......... ILL WAIT
#IgnoranceIsIGNORANT

Ginn Academy opened in 2007
2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4 Pandemic Year No Season
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
Somebody please remind me where they cheated......... ILL WAIT
#IgnoranceIsIGNORANT
I think the issue is that Ginn Academy has kids all over Cuyahoga County and some from Summit County. They even go and pick these football players up at their houses to bring them to school. Im guessing 25% of their players actually live in the Glenville district. The academy shows as a higher academic school than Glenville as very few kids would transfer in to a failing school if they had to go to Glenville. Essentially it is an academy not public-private school that has a set of rules to follow. I think thats what people are upset about. Me? As ive said in the past its brilliant! Its kind of like Eds or Ignatius having an academy that you could go to. It didnt matter where you live and you didnt have to pay tuition. There are no standards to get into this school just that you are a good football player. Would there be outrage and rules changing?.....Yes we can all agree on that.

Nobody and I mean nobody cares!!!! Once you become an adult all of this goes out the window. A St. Eds degree don't mean that much in this country unless your talking to another St Eds alumn. You think if you go apply for a IT job in Texas anybody would give a whoot nanny. After about the age of 25 you shouldn't even have your high school listed on your resume anyways. Parents, College, and a kid who is engaged is way more impactful then their choice of high school. And keep this is mind buddy I attended private school for 8 years as well as both of my siblings. There ain't much of a difference
Sure, the IT manager in Texas won't know anything about SE, but there is a good chance his boss's boss probably reports to a guy that went to Eds.

7th all time but yet still fudge numbers to be d4 cause they can’t win a chip in the division they actually should be in. Huh! Guess it not due to lack of bite and play
Ok, so what is the reason that they can’t win in their “supposed to be in” division? You seem to have the answers, please enlighten me. What division does your wealth of knowledge on the matter suggest they compete? You can be a groundskeeper and move the goal posts all you want, the facts are the facts, they’ve produced talented players at a higher level, more consistently than any program in the state and they’re not slowing down anytime soon.

I’m not questioning the talent pool. That doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the loophole. So you are telling me that every kid at Glenville HS and every football player at GA live in the Glenville district. They report a zero for CB. I find that hard to believe. Especially with them getting all these kids to attend GA and the transfers. Then there is this elite youth program that gets kids from all over that end up at GA. Cmon man.

Glenville reports an enrollment of 249 I think with 0 CB. Everyone on here says all the football players go to Ginn Academy. I would assume that number is at least 50. That leaves less that 200 enrollment at Glenville HS if this is true. Maybe even less. I find that hard to believe also.

when it is all said and done I believe that Glenville is probably teetering on the D2/D3 line. If the played by the same rules as everyone else.

I’m still trying to understand.
What loophole is Glenville using? If only Glenville kids can play for Glenville what’s the big deal?
Now if they are lying about were kids are from to cheat the CB that’s not a loophole and should be able to be verified.

I’m not questioning the talent pool. That doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the loophole. So you are telling me that every kid at Glenville HS and every football player at GA live in the Glenville district. They report a zero for CB. I find that hard to believe. Especially with them getting all these kids to attend GA and the transfers. Then there is this elite youth program that gets kids from all over that end up at GA. Cmon man.

Glenville reports an enrollment of 249 I think with 0 CB. Everyone on here says all the football players go to Ginn Academy. I would assume that number is at least 50. That leaves less that 200 enrollment at Glenville HS if this is true. Maybe even less. I find that hard to believe also.

when it is all said and done I believe that Glenville is probably teetering on the D2/D3 line. If the played by the same rules as everyone else.
Fair enough. I don’t care about what you consider a loophole with Glenville, nor do I care about what the privates do that appear to be questionable or flat out shady.

I think that would be equally successful in division 3, but 2 would be a lot tougher. 2 is an absolute jungle.

No loophole and no rules are broken. If you think that there are, perform an investigation and report your findings to OHSAA. Until then stop whining.

Last edited:
Not sure if there has ever been a link to a City Club of Cleveland Forum discussion here so maybe we have a 1st:

Ginn Academy has students who play for Collinwood
Euclid
Richmond Hts
John Hay
Warrensville Hts
What im having a hard time with is.... WHY SO MUCH HATE TOWARDS GLENVILLE?
Yeah I think that makes sense too. You can leaf through the good players and use the rest of the Cleveland Schools as almost a JV program.....its Genius! People shouldnt hate on that. All kids deserve to play. Even the kids at Ginn that are very good.