2023 EBC Baseball

Warriors1999

The new year is almost here. Should be a good one! Praying for a nice spring as well.

1a. Salem
1b. West Branch
2. Alliance
3. Carrollton
4. Marlington
5. Minerva

Last edited:

I’ll go with
1Salem
2aMarlington
2bWest Branch
4Carrollton
5Alliance
6Minerva

salem has pitching to win the league in my opinion
My early POY Gavin Wilms I believe has committed to YSU
Skelding hands down most dominant player but heard he will be on a pitch count

I’ll go with
1Salem
2aMarlington
2bWest Branch
4Carrollton
5Alliance
6Minerva

salem has pitching to win the league in my opinion
My early POY Gavin Wilms I believe has committed to YSU
Skelding hands down most dominant player but heard he will be on a pitch count
I don't know that Skelding will be the most dominant players, there's also another D1 top 25 program commit in the conference and a handful of really solid D2 kids. Should be a fun enough year for the league

I don't know that Skelding will be the most dominant players, there's also another D1 top 25 program commit in the conference and a handful of really solid D2 kids. Should be a fun enough year for the league
Hence the in my opinion. Wilms, Rhoads Skelding top 3 for sure . The Bruni kid from Alliance solid. West Branch has the 2 coaches kids plus the perry kid. Carrollton has a catcher but for the life of me I can’t think of his name. Sorry to him he’s a players too. EBC is loaded with top end guys

I heard Skelding and Denham both out for the year. Would be tragic to miss their seniors. I hope this is not true.

Look out for Carrollton. They have a good senior class and will win some games. They have solid pitching and defense but don't know if they have the pitching to knock off Salem and Marlington but they can make some noise. They have good athletes and were solid in golf, football, basketball, wrestling and will be in baseball too. I like Salem to win the league with Rhodes and Wilms and various others but Carrollton can be a threat. I think the league will be solid and any team can win it, except I am hearing that Minerva is looking at a couple more bad years and may have to rely on some younger players. I don't know how many games they won in the last 2 years but not many and they will struggle to replace the players they lost from last year. I don't know much about the program anymore since Carl Michael is not involved. Anyone have any scoop about them?

Look out for Carrollton. They have a good senior class and will win some games. They have solid pitching and defense but don't know if they have the pitching to knock off Salem and Marlington but they can make some noise. They have good athletes and were solid in golf, football, basketball, wrestling and will be in baseball too. I like Salem to win the league with Rhodes and Wilms and various others but Carrollton can be a threat. I think the league will be solid and any team can win it, except I am hearing that Minerva is looking at a couple more bad years and may have to rely on some younger players. I don't know how many games they won in the last 2 years but not many and they will struggle to replace the players they lost from last year. I don't know much about the program anymore since Carl Michael is not involved. Anyone have any scoop about them?
I just don't see Marlington being competitive without their studs. Sorry but I don't think they have much other then those two this season. Carrollton is always a tough game for anyone, clean and disciplined. They don't make errors and I know the catcher, something James I believe, and the Rinks kid are two very solid players. The EBC will be entertaining once again. I like WB this year, I can see them vs. Salem for the title.

I just don't see Marlington being competitive without their studs. Sorry but I don't think they have much other then those two this season. Carrollton is always a tough game for anyone, clean and disciplined. They don't make errors and I know the catcher, something James I believe, and the Rinks kid are two very solid players. The EBC will be entertaining once again. I like WB this year, I can see them vs. Salem for the title.
Marlington missing those 2 will hurt. WB was really young last year, right? they should be solid. I really think everyone has a shot except probably Minerva, but you never know. I liked Carrollton's big pitcher last year, Smith i think.

Marlington missing those 2 will hurt. WB was really young last year, right? they should be solid. I really think everyone has a shot except probably Minerva, but you never know. I liked Carrollton's big pitcher last year, Smith i think.
I agree with this take besides Marlington. I just don't think they have enough pitching or offense. We should be pretty good this year, didn't really lose anyone. But Carrollton is a sleeper team.

Marlington did not need their studs to beat Salem last year....... I see Salem going 1 and 1 with Marlington if Rhodes can have a good game.

Marlington did not need their studs to beat Salem last year....... I see Salem going 1 and 1 with Marlington if Rhodes can have a good game.
Who does Marlington have? I am curious; I have been around these kids for a while, with my son playing travel ball around the area since the age of 11 and I do not know a single kid on that team left after Skelding and Denham. Bates is still a good player but one player won't win the league. Especially with him not being a pitcher.

Who does Marlington have? I am curious; I have been around these kids for a while, with my son playing travel ball around the area since the age of 11 and I do not know a single kid on that team left after Skelding and Denham. Bates is still a good player but one player won't win the league. Especially with him not being a pitcher.
What is the word on Skelding? I have heard he is going to only be limited.
Regardless, players graduate (or can't play) - culture does not. The Dukes are a poised threat year in and year out. Heard of guys like Luke Tortola? Probably not. You did after last year's games. Marlington does not need stardom, though despite those two being potentially unavailable they still will be strongly led by Caden Bates.

Last edited:
What is the word on Skelding? I have heard he is going to only be limited.
Regardless, players graduate (or can't play) - culture does not. The Dukes are a poised threat year in and year out. Heard of guys like Luke Tortola? Probably not. You did after last year's games. Marlington does not need stardom, though despite those two being potentially unavailable they still will be strongly led by Caden Bates.
I agree: I have heard the culture is great over there in that farmland. Any word on recent levy's? The Tortola kid graduated but Bates is still there and will more then likely be a force at the plate. But I think Salem's 1 2 punch of a pitching could be too much for anyone in the EBC this year. I do think WB has the best chance of taking them down though.

I agree: I have heard the culture is great over there in that farmland. Any word on recent levy's? The Tortola kid graduated but Bates is still there and will more then likely be a force at the plate. But I think Salem's 1 2 punch of a pitching could be too much for anyone in the EBC this year. I do think WB has the best chance of taking them down though.
1-2.... I get the one part - the VT commit. I thought Young graduated, though. Who is their 2?

Not sure his name, going to YSU though...
I looked at their roster on MP. They have Oesch, Riesen, Bailey, Wilms, and McCoy. I don't stay super involved with the ins and outs of Salem, but I know of course of the Rhodes brothers that have been giving the EBC a run, and Beck who I believe was signing with ND of Ohio last I heard. Regardless, younger Rhodes will be enough for Salem to win big games. Should be interesting to see how their new coach manages that pitching lineup after Rhodes.

I looked at their roster on MP. They have Oesch, Riesen, Bailey, Wilms, and McCoy. I don't stay super involved with the ins and outs of Salem, but I know of course of the Rhodes brothers that have been giving the EBC a run, and Beck who I believe was signing with ND of Ohio last I heard. Regardless, younger Rhodes will be enough for Salem to win big games. Should be interesting to see how their new coach manages that pitching lineup after Rhodes.
I think this new coach will help the team a lot. And yes, surprising Salem has had a nice run of baseball teams. The league will definitely still be interesting even with the Marlington duo being out. We have good offense this year but our pitching staff might be iffy, hopefully clean defense keeps us in games. In high school, it is tough for teams to string together enough hits to really do damage. And I could see our offense scoring 4+ runs off of any arm in the EBC. I don't believe our guys are scored of those pitchers from Salem. Will be a fun year!

I think this new coach will help the team a lot. And yes, surprising Salem has had a nice run of baseball teams. The league will definitely still be interesting even with the Marlington duo being out. We have good offense this year but our pitching staff might be iffy, hopefully clean defense keeps us in games. In high school, it is tough for teams to string together enough hits to really do damage. And I could see our offense scoring 4+ runs off of any arm in the EBC. I don't believe our guys are scored of those pitchers from Salem. Will be a fun year!
They MIGHT rattle four plus off of Salem’s two, but not Rhodes. Now you’re just being bias.

Hey guys, haven't been on this website in awhile. Not all too sure how the EBC is going to pan out this year. But, after reading this thread, I can see that Salem is a frontrunner once again. Sad to hear the Dukes having a couple of injuries to their seniors. I think Alliance will make a run for the title this year.

Hey guys, haven't been on this website in awhile. Not all too sure how the EBC is going to pan out this year. But, after reading this thread, I can see that Salem is a frontrunner once again. Sad to hear the Dukes having a couple of injuries to their seniors. I think Alliance will make a run for the title this year.
I don't hate the Alliance take, they have that Bennett kid going to Walsh. My son battled him growing up; good pitcher, GREAT kid.