2023 Bengals

Sounds like Williams isn’t too keen on moving to RT. Guess we will find out if anyone is interested in trading for Williams

Who is going to trade for him and make him the starting LT, which is what he wants. He needs to look in the mirror and realizes his future is at RT.
Sounds like Williams isn’t too keen on moving to RT. Guess we will find out if anyone is interested in trading for Williams

He is an average LT. I imagine someone will trade for him but it won't be much in return. The Bengals don't have much leverage.

The Bears still need a LT.

The Buccs don't even have a LT on their roster.

Offer the Buccs:
Williams
2023 1st rd
2023 3rd rd
2024 1st rd

For:
Wirf
2023 2nd rd

He is an average LT. I imagine someone will trade for him but it won't be much in return. The Bengals don't have much leverage.

The Bears still need a LT.

The Buccs don't even have a LT on their roster.

Offer the Buccs:
Williams
2023 1st rd
2023 3rd rd
2024 1st rd

For:
Wirf
2023 2nd rd

I think your Who Dey is clouding your judgement on Williams trade value. Per PFF, Williams was the 61st OT in the NFL last season, behind both Steelers OT’s. With Williams being on his 5th year rookie option of $12.6 mil guaranteed for 2023, anyone wanting to trade for him would only do so as a 1 year makeshift rental or want to sign him to a new deal. I think the Bengals would be lucky to get a 4th rd pick for a Williams. It’s probably best to let Williams vent and stick him at RT. A good 2023 season would allow Williams to $$$ in next year as a FA. His agent will get that across to him over the next few weeks.

I think your Who Dey is clouding your judgement on Williams trade value. Per PFF, Williams was the 61st OT in the NFL last season, behind both Steelers OT’s. With Williams being on his 5th year rookie option of $12.6 mil guaranteed for 2023, anyone wanting to trade for him would only do so as a 1 year makeshift rental or want to sign him to a new deal. I think the Bengals would be lucky to get a 4th rd pick for a Williams. It’s probably best to let Williams vent and stick him at RT. A good 2023 season would allow Williams to $$$ in next year as a FA. His agent will get that across to him over the next few weeks.
Or a team that is just looking for longer term salary relief... like the Colts.

TB needs to rebuild.
Trying to tank in the NFC South is not an easy task. You need to be really bad. Getting 3 high picks and an average LT certainly helps the tanking and rebuild at the same time.

Bengals have certainly made some bad decisions when it has come to drafting lineman: Cedric O, Fisher, Williams, Carman, story is still out on Volson (51.6 PFF score last year).

Hopefully they do trade Williams, not a fan of keeping players who want to be elsewhere.
I said it very early in this thread that he should be a trade candidate. It's pretty tough to win championships when your LT is league average in play but top 10 in pay for position.

You've made the point repeatedly that
O-Line needed to be a priority this off season. They now have 3 locked in
Bona fide starters and a very competitive LG spot. Just need to trade for a legit RT and the line is set for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Incredibly if they can trade Williams they would have roughly $30M in cap space again after draft picks are figured in. That's without cutting Mixon and/or Collins. That should be enough to get the extensions done and get a safety.

The Bengals won’t sign Schultz as they don’t value the TE position enough to pay him what he wants. Moreaux is a coin flip between Cincy and NO at this moment. Look for the Bengals to keep both Williams and Mixon for 23. Williams has no choice but to play RT this year, he is stuck. He can’t sit out and he can’t pout as this is a prove it year and the Bengals won’t get much for him in a trade. The O line will be set so look for the Bengals to concentrate on CB and TE in the draft which is very deep at both positions. These aren’t you dads Bengals as they are crushing it the last few years

Like to see the Bengals sign: TE: Shultz or Moreau, McGovern at center from Jets, Rapp at safety.
Why McGovern?

I agree with Moreau. I'd offer a 3yr deal and lock him in.

I'd also sign Isiah MacKenzie from the Bills to a 3 year deal.

I'd trade Williams. Cut Mixon and Collins. Then trade whatever it takes to get Wirf.

Then sign a RB and extend Wirf, Higgins and Burrow.

The Bengals won’t sign Schultz as they don’t value the TE position enough to pay him what he wants. Moreaux is a coin flip between Cincy and NO at this moment. Look for the Bengals to keep both Williams and Mixon for 23. Williams has no choice but to play RT this year, he is stuck. He can’t sit out and he can’t pout as this is a prove it year and the Bengals won’t get much for him in a trade. The O line will be set so look for the Bengals to concentrate on CB and TE in the draft which is very deep at both positions. These aren’t you dads Bengals as they are crushing it the last few years
They could do more and I think they will.

They signed Cody Ford and introduced him as a RT. I'd say they will trade Williams at some point.
They currently have about $20M left in cap after paying draft picks and before Ford (they have not disclosed his contract details yet). Cutting Mixon and Collins and trading Williams will save about $25M in cap. With that kind of money they could trade for and extend Wirf or another RT. Then trade for the Titans Safety or sign the Eagles Safety and still be able to sign a Kareem Hunt type RB. They would still be able to fit in Burrow and Higgins extensions as well.

They signed Cody Ford and introduced him as a RT. I'd say they will trade Williams at some point.
They currently have about $20M left in cap after paying draft picks and before Ford (they have not disclosed his contract details yet). Cutting Mixon and Collins and trading Williams will save about $25M in cap. With that kind of money they could trade for and extend Wirf or another RT. Then trade for the Titans Safety or sign the Eagles Safety and still be able to sign a Kareem Hunt type RB. They would still be able to fit in Burrow and Higgins extensions as well.
To be clear, I'm not saying they will do all this. Just that there are scenarios that they could pursue to improve even further.

No way they are signing Wirfs or Hunt 😂 they may sign a vet corner for a cheap deal but it’s probably an 80% chance Jonah plays RT in 23. They will draft at TE, CB and RT. IMO they just need a vet TE in FA and fill the rest with draft pix. I would love to see Wright at 28, Laporte at 60 and CB at 90. Names to remember in draft are CB DJ Turner, Riley Moss, Carrington Valentine and Garrett Williams. I think the bengals may double dip at CB

Why McGovern?

I agree with Moreau. I'd offer a 3yr deal and lock him in.

I'd also sign Isiah MacKenzie from the Bills to a 3 year deal.

I'd trade Williams. Cut Mixon and Collins. Then trade whatever it takes to get Wirf.

Then sign a RB and extend Wirf, Higgins and Burrow.
Put McGovern at center move Karras to LG, draft a RT. Volson was not good 51.6 PFF score (I know PFF is not everything). Williams does not want to play RT trade him, might not even be a good RT regardless say sayonara.

Why you draft a right tackle at 28, Jones or Wright should be there at 28. Now you have both tackles locked up for the next four plus years
I realize they will likely go this route but they could do much more.

I'd rather have a proven RT than a draft pick.

I realize they will likely go this route but they could do much more.

I'd rather have a proven RT than a draft pick.
They don’t have unlimited money to sign someone like Wirfs and then extend Higgins and Burrow. Bengals will probably lose Higgins as they have never successfully negotiated a contract with his agent who also represents Bates. Every move the Bengals are making has been the right move for the franchise and you have to hit on the draft and have some starters on rookie deals to balance out the cap eaters

They don’t have unlimited money to sign someone like Wirfs and then extend Higgins and Burrow. Bengals will probably lose Higgins as they have never successfully negotiated a contract with his agent who also represents Bates. Every move the Bengals are making has been the right move for the franchise and you have to hit on the draft and have some starters on rookie deals to balance out the cap eaters
I realize what they will likely do.

However, they could do much more.

There's no reason to go into the season with Mixon and Collins making a combined $22M and it inexcusable to not spend that money on upgrades.

I realize what they will likely do.

However, they could do much more.

There's no reason to go into the season with Mixon and Collins making a combined $22M and it inexcusable to not spend that money on upgrades.
I agree with Collins but you can’t cut him while he is on the injured list and I was for cutting Mixon but they don’t really have a replacement as of yet. They seem to have a good grasp on building their team and don’t really care what we think 😂

I agree with Collins but you can’t cut him while he is on the injured list and I was for cutting Mixon but they don’t really have a replacement as of yet. They seem to have a good grasp on building their team and don’t really care what we think 😂
Of course they don't care what we think... but what's the fun in sitting back and waiting for camp to roll around. The NFL makes the off season fun with all the possibilities!

Cody Ford was on a 4yr $7.5mill deal with Buffalo that ended last year.
The Bengals signed him for $1.08 mill/1 yr; if he plays RT for the Bengals; there is no need to give Burrow a big contract because he will be in the hospital.

Cody Ford was on a 4yr $7.5mill deal with Buffalo that ended last year.
The Bengals signed him for $1.08 mill/1 yr; if he plays RT for the Bengals; there is no need to give Burrow a big contract because he will be in the hospital.
He will play RT only if two other guys get hurt first.

It's more likely they signed him to be a backup guard. Signing tackles to play both tackle and guard isn't working so well when they have to play guard.

The Bengals will trade Williams and draft a RT at 28 or trade for a bona fide RT.