2022 WOAC

If districts can't/won't give multi-year supplemental contracts, coaches can quit any year they want.
It is ridiculous that every supplemental is one year. Every head coach has to be "rehired" every single year.
If you give a coach a 3-year contract and he leaves during, then I agree with a penalty. If schools only give one year, why are they surprised when coaches leave with no contract?

If districts can't/won't give multi-year supplemental contracts, coaches can quit any year they want.
It is ridiculous that every supplemental is one year. Every head coach has to be "rehired" every single year.
If you give a coach a 3-year contract and he leaves during, then I agree with a penalty. If schools only give one year, why are they surprised when coaches leave with no contract?
I don't disagree. Coaches are essentially free agents after each season.

I understand and agree. I think coaching is such a different animal, though. These coaches technically fulfill their contracts when the season is over. Plus, there’s really not a ‘coaching license’ that can be suspended as there is with a teacher.
Only thing close to the coaching license is the pupil activity permit. Every coach; even volunteers are supposed to have one. Stipend coaches for sure need one, or the school can face a penalty. Maybe get that suspended for an academic year?

I get that Arcanum was put in a tough situation here, but you can’t handcuff coaches into these jobs. It’s not like he resigned in the middle of the season.

i wouldn’t be so sure.. Springfields biggest hole next year was going to be QB. i’ve sure they will be loaded again.
Don’t want to knock the kid but he finished 3rd last year in the WOAC. And I know you’ll talk about his numbers but maybe if coach wasn’t so worried about his numbers they would’ve maybe beat Shawnee or TV. They 3 times in the Shawnee game they went for a 4th and 1 on their own 25 and passed it all 3 times he threw incompletions on 2 out of the 3 giving the Arrows 2 Td’s. Like I said best of luck to the kid but that’s a huge step up in competition.

Don’t want to knock the kid but he finished 3rd last year in the WOAC. And I know you’ll talk about his numbers but maybe if coach wasn’t so worried about his numbers they would’ve maybe beat Shawnee or TV. They 3 times in the Shawnee game they went for a 4th and 1 on their own 25 and passed it all 3 times he threw incompletions on 2 out of the 3 giving the Arrows 2 Td’s. Like I said best of luck to the kid but that’s a huge step up in competition.
3rd? In what?

3rd? In what?
I think he's saying Arcanum finished 3rd. It'll be interesting to see how things play out for him. Springfield appears to return all of their skill players and their 3 top WR's. One of their WR's is a 4 star recruit that is committed to Kentucky. He's going to have some serious weapons to work with.

football is a team game. he was one player on the field. remember he’s going to be playing along some much better players at springfield

For sure he will, he will also be playing against much better players
I didn't want to quote all of your posts, but you're correct with a lot of what you said. Their offensive line was massive this year; probably could have had a decent run game if they tried to do it. It's no secret to people familiar with the league that the head coach was looking to get the biggest numbers possible.

Also, he'll be playing against much better DCs as well. Let's face it, the WOAC isn't very fancy. Most teams tried to either play man OR Cover 3. One of those needs athletes across the field and the other isn't very good vs. 5-wide.

I think he's saying Arcanum finished 3rd. It'll be interesting to see how things play out for him. Springfield appears to return all of their skill players and their 3 top WR's. One of their WR's is a 4 star recruit that is committed to Kentucky. He's going to have some serious weapons to work with.
Springfield doesn’t have a wr committed to Kentucky. Anthony Brown was once committed to Minnesota but decommitted. He is a 4 star, Shawn Thigpen is a 3 star then theres 2 more wr who are really good plus a very good runningback

Springfield doesn’t have a wr committed to Kentucky. Anthony Brown was once committed to Minnesota but decommitted. He is a 4 star, Shawn Thigpen is a 3 star then theres 2 more wr who are really good plus a very good runningback
My apologies... looking at his 247 page he has an offer from Kentucky and it lists his interest as warm, but he's not committed. Still impressive.

cats, how do you feel about the Arcanum QB coming to play at Springfield?

cats, how do you feel about the Arcanum QB coming to play at Springfield?
Kid looks pretty good from what I have watched. Never seen in person but the kids seem to all accept it so far. I want to see how he adjust to the size and speed of playing at a higher level but I think he will be ok practice 1s vs 1s will be harder then some of the games

From what I was told cats, he loves throwing to those receivers in the workouts. He'll be fine Doug knows what he's doing so does C-Dub.

I am under the impression that Shondo has also been to many passing camps for QB's as well. I think he's been exposed to a lot football outside of just playing QB at Arcanum. Obviously this is the type of move to get in a bigger spotlight. It'll be interesting to see how he responds. Obviously a very different school/academic situation, but a much higher level of competition on the football field. He'll have increase talent around him, but he'll also be facing higher level of competition too.

Well I'm human but when a coach from Springfield told me a month ago that the Arcanum QB was coming and he loves throwing to those receivers, I think it's pretty much accurate! Actually two months ago.

Well I'm human but when a coach from Springfield told me a month ago that the Arcanum QB was coming and he loves throwing to those receivers, I think it's pretty much accurate! Actually two months ago.
Why didn't you tell us then!
We need a 2022 GWOC thread! LOL!