2022 Week 1 Open dates and most Exciting Week 1 Matchups

OhioGuy4

Thought this would be a good idea if anyone was looking for week 1 opponents as well as to discuss the best week 1 matchups this year.

Current teams open Week 1: (Teams that I have not found a game for)
Cin. Aiken - (H) Stebbins
Cin. North College Hill
Cle. VASJ - (H) Badin
Dayton Stebbins - @ Aiken
Hamilton Badin - @ VASJ
Hilltop
Sebring McKinley
Springfield Catholic Central
Union Local - (H) Columbus Crusaders

Last edited:
is there any interest between Stebbins and Badin? that’s a matchup that makes sense for both schools.

Foothill Falcons, from the state of Nevada, will be playing at Austintown Fitch Week 1. They are the #5 team in the state out there

?

Love it. Hilltop varsity vs Hoban 6th graders might be a decent game.
Excellent response. I remember back in 1998, Nordonia (who finished 8-2 and 5th in their region in D2 that year, barely missing out on the playoffs, before the following year's expansion) was playing Central-Hower, from Akron, in week 3. My and my fellow teammate from St. Barnabas (in Nordonia's district; we were both 8th-graders at the time) were riding to the game and he asked me about Central-Hower. I responded "Our St. Barnabas team could beat them." Nordonia won 72-13 that night... and I still think to this day our middle-school team could have beaten that team.

The arrogance of the privates never ceases to amaze me. Our current sophs played Hoban as freshman in 2020 and had the game won, losing on a late play in the 4th quarter. They also played Ed's A team and tied I believe. This season Ignatius brought 100 freshmen to Chardon, played about 20 of them, and won the game on a 4th and 15 Hail Mary, snatching victory from defeat, with less than a minute left after trailing most of the game. We had a four game series with St. Ed's a few years back and lost 3 of them - 2 of the losses were very close and our win was 27-0. Trust me, Hoban's 6th graders would probably get their asses kicked by Chardon's 6th graders because Hoban doesn't even know who their 6th graders are. By the way, we just won back-to-back state championships against privates. Go schedule someone else who doesn't know who their 6th graders are.

Cool story? No one ever said anything about Chardon? I'm not even a private school OR NE Ohio guy?

Hilltop is brutal. That's it. That was the joke.

The arrogance of the privates never ceases to amaze me. Our current sophs played Hoban as freshman in 2020 and had the game won, losing on a late play in the 4th quarter. They also played Ed's A team and tied I believe. This season Ignatius brought 100 freshmen to Chardon, played about 20 of them, and won the game on a 4th and 15 Hail Mary, snatching victory from defeat, with less than a minute left after trailing most of the game. We had a four game series with St. Ed's a few years back and lost 3 of them - 2 of the losses were very close and our win was 27-0. Trust me, Hoban's 6th graders would probably get their asses kicked by Chardon's 6th graders because Hoban doesn't even know who their 6th graders are. By the way, we just won back-to-back state championships against privates. Go schedule someone else who doesn't know who their 6th graders are.
Hilltop is an actual school.

At no point in your incoherent rambling did you understand that he was not talking about Chardon.