2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

preliminary enrollment numbers released by the OHSAA (schools now have the chance to dispute them)
TRC looks like this:

Bethel 210
Northridge 192 ** (stars mean kids may be added back on)
MU 187
Miami East 171
Covington 109
Riverside 86
TC 80
Lehman 63

This looks like 2 different leagues! definite split between the 4 biggest and 4 smallest.

After competitive balance gets added in, I would guess we'll see:
Bethel and 'Ridge in d4
MU and East in d5
Cov, Riv, TC, LC in d7

FYI Milton-Union and Miami East fans, over on the MAC thread, they think Versailles will drop to d6, but Coldwater will come up to d5.
Milton will do well in d5.

preliminary enrollment numbers released by the OHSAA (schools now have the chance to dispute them)
TRC looks like this:

Bethel 210
Northridge 192 ** (stars mean kids may be added back on)
MU 187
Miami East 171
Covington 109
Riverside 86
TC 80
Lehman 63

This looks like 2 different leagues! definite split between the 4 biggest and 4 smallest.

After competitive balance gets added in, I would guess we'll see:
Bethel and 'Ridge in d4
MU and East in d5
Cov, Riv, TC, LC in d7

FYI Milton-Union and Miami East fans, over on the MAC thread, they think Versailles will drop to d6, but Coldwater will come up to d5.
Bethel 210? I know the school is growing, but why is it growing so fast?

>>>
Bethel and 'Ridge in d4
MU and East in d5
Cov, Riv, TC, LC in d7

that is a wide range in divisions for a league. I can see the need to add one or two teams at the top and bottom and split the league into 2 divisions. On the other hand, the small schools will be battle tested and when they get into the state tournament - they will be competative.

Milton was playing up the last two years due to the census not being taken due to covid. So they have been competing well.
I hear Bethel and Northridge might be D4 and MU and East will be D5.

We have great coaching at MU. When we were in the SRC coaching was weak after Magoteaux left. Christello was a horrible head coach. Pearce is the same mold as Magoteaux. Difference is, Pearce loves the MU community and is here for the long-haul. That's great for the program.
Milton vs Versailles would be a great rivalry game.

I feel that the last time Milton had this much talent, it was 2006 and they had Mitch Evans, eventual Indiana Hoosier, returning at QB. That team won the Southwestern Division of the SWBL, eventually losing to Oak Harbor in the Regional Championship. They finished 11-2. Maybe close to that team was the 2012 Bulldogs that lost to eventual State champion Clinton Massie.
This could be a special year for Milton in division V and the TRC.

I feel that the last time Milton had this much talent, it was 2006 and they had Mitch Evans, eventual Indiana Hoosier, returning at QB. That team won the Southwestern Division of the SWBL, eventually losing to Oak Harbor in the Regional Championship. They finished 11-2. Maybe close to that team was the 2012 Bulldogs that lost to eventual State champion Clinton Massie.
An Oak Harbor team that beat us I might add.

MU JV team looked pretty good against an undefeated Versailles JV team last year.
Believe the score was something like 34-0 and the JV team played the 4th quarter in the Friday varsity game, had a JV game on Saturday and ran scout scrimmage against the varsity team for an hour right before the MU Monday game. It seemed like a script out of the movie Stripes seeing the JV squad show up and begin playing w/o doing any pregame.

Last edited:
not sure if this team could beat the 12’ team but i do agree a solid team and a lot of potential

Believe the score was something like 34-0 and the JV team played the 4th quarter in the Friday varsity game, had a JV game on Saturday and ran scout scrimmage against the varsity team for an hour right before the MU Monday game. It seemed like a script out of the movie Stripes seeing the JV squad show up and begin playing w/o doing any pregame.
And most of the JV we had last year started on varsity. Those were our Freshman. We don't have a separate frosh team.

Well, I was told by an iron clad source that starting in 2024, Milton and Versailles will square off once again in week 1. Versailles had their way with Milton in the SRC years, but, the Bulldogs are a completely different program now with Bret Pearce and company running the show.
This will preceed week 2 vs Valley View and week 3 vs Oakwood. That's a helluva ooc schedule for the Dogs.
Great scheduling and forward thinking. National Trail, in the meantime, gets the week 1 beat down through 2023.
Last game was in 2000 with Versailles winning 25-20 at Milton Memorial.

Last edited:
Enrollment without competitive balance:
Bethel 210
Northridge 192
Milton-Union 172
Miami East 165
Covington 106
Riverside 86
Troy Christian 80
Lehman 63