2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

I can see why from a MU or Northridge's perspective adding some D5 football schools. You'd have to sell to me why Riverside, TC, or Lehman would go for that.
then you get to create big/small divisions and Lehman isn’t stuck playing Milton or Northridge.

So how is a big school TRC better for Northwestern?

You seem to love trying to break up the CBC. Your school left. Let it go.
what’s with the attacking? i’m not talking about Greenon. the CBC is flawed, you can’t deny that.

Northwestern’s travel situation in the CBC is not good, no point in traveling to Indian Lake, Ben Logan, and North Union just to get clocked every year.

it makes much more sense to play Miami East, Milton Union, Bethel, etc. shorter travel, and more competitive games.

longest drive in CBC is 75 minutes, longest in TRC would be 45

So how is a big school TRC better for Northwestern?

You seem to love trying to break up the CBC. Your school left. Let it go.
Obviously, not all d7 schools are fearful to play larger schools. MU will likely drop to d5-6 next time around.
The OHC might be changing soon. Just curious why I saw Cedarville and Greeneview mentioned in the SWBL thread.

Update on Milton-Union pro, Wes Martin.
Screenshot_20211219-141829_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Obviously, not all d7 schools are fearful to play larger schools. MU will likely drop to d5-6 next time around.
The OHC might be changing soon. Just curious why I saw Cedarville and Greeneview mentioned in the SWBL thread.
If TC can make the playoffs, losing to a bigger school makes them better. It seems though harbins does not take that into account.

As long its not running clocks I like playing up a divison or two.

Bump.

Thoughts on 2022 outcome:
1. MU 10-0 loaded with 95% of 2021 team back.
2. Riverside 8-2 many returning starters back from a really good team.
3. Miami East 6-4 bringing back some young talent. Could shock everyone.
4. Northridge 5-5. Loss many starters. Will struggle.
5. Troy Christan. 4-6 losing most of their starters.
6. Covington 3-7 bringing back some young starters.
7. Bethel 1-9 cupboards aren't bare but the culture isn't one to create winning.
8. Lehman. 0-10. Will they have a team? Numbers are horrible. New coach. It will be interesting.
Agree with #1. MU should be special next year, they were good this year and their best players were juniors.

I’m a Riverside fan, not sure how they’ll do. All 3 of our non-league opponents made playoffs this year. They have to replace 2 best WRs and both starting CBs. And I know 3 of our OL this year were seniors. It’ll be interesting to see how the Pirates do.

I’d think Northridge and ME can be good next year. Just watched ME bball beat Riverside yesterday, if the Enis boy plays football, look out. Kid is athletic and looks like he lives in the weight room.

I think TC is a big question mark. They graduated a lot, no JV or JH teams. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them have a down year. They’re well coached and can recruit, so you never know. But seems like an uphill battle.

Covington is one that surprised me this year. Yappi had said the new coach ran a bunch of players off, but when Riverside traveled to Covington, the 20 some Buccs players were playing hard and flying around. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win a couple more games.

Lehman has a new coach after Dick Roll finally retired. They’ve been trending down lately, thought it was interesting Lehman hired someone not on staff. Lehman had like 10 assistants, a few had been there longer than Coach Roll. Maybe a fresh start is what they were going for, but the new coach is going to have to get more kids out.

Bethel is the biggest disappointment for me so far. Such a big district; and it seemed like they were coached by a bunch of pee wee coaches. Their team seemed to have some talent, just don’t think they have a great culture over there right now.

All in all, I know a lot of Pirate fans, myself included, were very happy after the initial fall season in the TRC. Our volleyball team won league, boys and girls golf finished 2nd, and football finished 3rd. Not bad for one of the smallest schools in the conference. It also seemed like our league helped prepare our team for a nice playoff run. As a high school football fan, I’m excited to travel to ME, MU, NR, and Bethel next year. Can’t wait to watch some games in new places!

Agree with most all of the above.

I love the Kash hire at Lehman. Be interesting to see if he's more Wayne or Brookville (2 of his coaching stops) With most everyone running spread, a Brookville type of O might work in this league.

TC will be the same as last year. Notches below the top and notches above the bottom. But, the bottom is closer to tc next year and the top will even be farther away.

They bring back some key players, numbers are a worry. I hope Nolan and staff is back.

I think 22 will look exactly like 21 for the conference. The only team TC lost to that could flip to a win would be northridge. I dont see anything else changing.

Agree with #1. MU should be special next year, they were good this year and their best players were juniors.

I’m a Riverside fan, not sure how they’ll do. All 3 of our non-league opponents made playoffs this year. They have to replace 2 best WRs and both starting CBs. And I know 3 of our OL this year were seniors. It’ll be interesting to see how the Pirates do.

I’d think Northridge and ME can be good next year. Just watched ME bball beat Riverside yesterday, if the Enis boy plays football, look out. Kid is athletic and looks like he lives in the weight room.

I think TC is a big question mark. They graduated a lot, no JV or JH teams. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them have a down year. They’re well coached and can recruit, so you never know. But seems like an uphill battle.

Covington is one that surprised me this year. Yappi had said the new coach ran a bunch of players off, but when Riverside traveled to Covington, the 20 some Buccs players were playing hard and flying around. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win a couple more games.

Lehman has a new coach after Roll finally retired. They’ve been trending down lately, thought it was interesting Lehman hired someone not on staff. Lehman had like 10 assistants, a few had been there longer than Coach Roll. Maybe a fresh start is what they were going for, but the new coach is going to have to get more kids out.

Bethel is the biggest disappointment for me so far. Such a big district; and it seemed like they were coached by a bunch of pee wee coaches. Their team seemed to have some talent, just don’t think they have a great culture over there right now.

All in all, I know a lot of Pirate fans, myself included, were very happy after the initial fall season in the TRC. Our volleyball team won league, boys and girls golf finished 2nd, and football finished 3rd. Not bad for one of the smallest schools in the conference. It also seemed like our league helped prepare our team for a nice playoff run. As a high school football fan, I’m excited to travel to ME, MU, NR, and Bethel next year. Can’t wait to watch some games in new places!
nice summary!!

I, as a Milton alum, was very pleased with the first season in the TRC. MU is benefiting from a very strong Junior class. Next year we should have a good chance of finishing 10-0 for the first time since my junior year in 1982. Would be a nice way to celebrate 40th anniversary.
Pearce has the talent, coaches and schedule to make his biggest mark yet. He's accomplished quite a bit as HC at MU. An undefeated season and State Title would cement him as one of the best coaches in the whole area.
I don't see anyone in the TRC getting within 3-4 td's of Milton in '22.

Any word on what weight room numbers look like? In my mind that is a big indicator of how successful a program actually is.

;)

;)
With Bethel being a growing district, this could be an intriguing job. I would think they would get a lot of interest.

Tri County North has tendered at least one offer to a coordinator of a TRC team. Too soon to say who, but keep an ear to the ground.

What would the league do if one of the small schools was no longer in position to field a team?

Here's to hoping the off season recuiting went well for Lehman and TC.

Tri County North has tendered at least one offer to a coordinator of a TRC team. Too soon to say who, but keep an ear to the ground.

What would the league do if one of the small schools was no longer in position to field a team?

Here's to hoping the off season recuiting went well for Lehman and TC.
I think if someone failed to field a team, they would find themselves without a league.

Looks like TC may have found a great young coach. Nolan is a great coach but I am sure he is tired. Tri County North going after a TRC assistant is not a surprise.
I just hope it's not a Milton assistant. Our coaching staff is fantastic.

As posted on a separate thread, Bethel has hired Andre Cokes as its new head coach. This is a very good hire for Bethel. Coach Cokes will bring several members of Jay Minton's former Wayne staff with him to Bethel. And with the proximity to Wayne, you have to wonder if a few transfers eventually make their way north.