2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Max Current. I think he was hired in '99?
Pearce in '00
Smith in '03? (followed Butch MacPherson)

Lane took over MU for 5 though. So Current, Smith, Pearce

Last edited:
Bethel will have a very competitive program. how soon? well i guess that’s the big mystery. they could be a sleeping giant with the right coach.
I have thought for five years Bethel would get significantly better, they have not. Soccer is king at Bethel for fall sports. The new stadium will be the best chance of changing culture, and if they do finally change and the new requested annexation takes place (legal precedent being on the 5 landowners side says they will prevail) meaning 400 - 600 additional new homes they will rival Tipp City in school size.

Last edited:
The league has 3 first-time head coaches this year: Kash at Lehman, Hayden at TC, Cokes at Bethel.

Which has the best shot for success in year one?
Not even a close comparrison in my opinion, Bethel has the numbers to make a coach look pretty good if they ever decide to play. Think with the new stadium on the horizon Bethel makes good progress this year.

First year coach at TC has some rebuilding to do, what with 16 seniors leaving, and being a first year coach. Lehman has similar numbers issue, and with NIL money not being available they will have to play with the kids they have, not the ones they could have purchased to help out.

i drive a school bus for the district and the school board has fumbled on this issue with financial decisions. for now all they are getting at the new place is grass and a track nothing fancy. And their "new stands" will be the ones they have currently so if they want something brand new it'll be a while and unless they have fundraisers, the fans well be very underwhelmed by the athletic facility..And the annexation request was turned down so thate has slowed the growth some what. some day the city of huber heights would like to annex between 201 and 202 all the way down to 571 and new carlisle was looking to annex over 100 acres at the corner of scarf and new carlise on the miami county side on bethel twp land and that would add even more to students to bethel. but fortunately the state told new carlise if they wanted to annex they would have to pay for the sewer and water themselves and the backed off plus the property owner has no plans to sell. the twp is wanting to slow down the growth for now after backlash from the current homeowners in the township

Last edited:
Not even a close comparrison in my opinion, Bethel has the numbers to make a coach look pretty good if they ever decide to play. Think with the new stadium on the horizon Bethel makes good progress this year.

First year coach at TC has some rebuilding to do, what with 16 seniors leaving, and being a first year coach. Lehman has similar numbers issue, and with NIL money not being available they will have to play with the kids they have, not the ones they could have purchased to help out.
I dont know how much TC will fall back actually. I do not think better, but not dramatically worse. Should be similar record to last year. The 16 seniors think in reality is more like 6 key contributors. Should be able to compete with everyone but MU. who knows what that means win vs L.

i drive a school bus for the district and the school board has fumbled on this issue with financial decisions. for now all they are getting at the new place is grass and a track nothing fancy. And their "new stands" will be the ones they have currently so if they want something brand new it'll be a while and unless they have fundraisers, the fans well be very underwhelmed by the athletic facility..And the annexation request was turned down so thate has slowed the growth some what. some day the city of huber heights would like to annex between 201 and 202 all the way down to 571 and new carlisle was looking to annex over 100 acres at the corner of scarf and new carlise on the miami county side on bethel twp land and that would add even more to students to bethel. but fortunately the state told new carlise if they wanted to annex they would have to pay for the sewer and water themselves and the backed off plus the property owner has no plans to sell. the twp is wanting to slow down the growth for now after backlash from the current homeowners in the township
They turned down the annexation in Bethel township, but that surprised no one, not even the five landowners. Now they go to litigation, which can take years. The township holds a meeting of large landowners (20 acres or more) in July sometime (27th I think) to roll out a "PAY TO STAY" program that will potentially incentivise land owners to take cash in exchange for development dollars. In reality what usually happens is the extra dollars simply drive the value up on remaining property not in the program. Development is not going away.

I dont know how much TC will fall back actually. I do not think better, but not dramatically worse. Should be similar record to last year. The 16 seniors think in reality is more like 6 key contributors. Should be able to compete with everyone but MU. who knows what that means win vs L.
?
Doesn't TC return just Burkett and McDonald on defense? any others?
on Offense just Burkett and both tackles?

seems like more than 6 to replace? I know some of those seniors maybe weren't world-beaters, but you lose almost every skill kid. All 3 RB's, both ILB's, most of your DB's, both DT's

Add in a first year head coach, I have to think they are taking a step back.

?
Doesn't TC return just Burkett and McDonald on defense? any others?
on Offense just Burkett and both tackles?

seems like more than 6 to replace? I know some of those seniors maybe weren't world-beaters, but you lose almost every skill kid. All 3 RB's, both ILB's, most of your DB's, both DT's

Add in a first year head coach, I have to think they are taking a step back.
I like what I am seeing. There are some injuried kids back, some new kids, and honestly some kids who were better that will see more time Lets see, your logic is sound. I just am just a bit closer and biased proably.

I like what I am seeing. There are some injuried kids back, some new kids, and honestly some kids who were better that will see more time Lets see, your logic is sound. I just am just a bit closer and biased proably.
We all are biased. We want our kids to be better than maybe they really are. I've done this for many years. This league is Milton's to take this year. I think MU could win every game in the league by at least 35 pts this year. I look for Covington to be improved, Riverside will be competitive, but everyone else will be a little light when they take on the Dogs.
Milton has it's hands full with Valley View and Oakwood.

I would say that the league might end up like this...

1. MU
2. Riverside
3. Covington
4. Miami East
5. Northridge
6. TC
7. Bethel
8. Lehman

I do think that TC, Northridge, and East are all interchangeable. I liked what I saw from a very young Covington team last year in certain situations, I really liked Riverside vs Milton. They were confident, big and talented. Just short on bodies. I felt Milton had a better game plan as well. Coaching and experience will be the name of the game for the Dogs this year. Covington could give Riverside a push. Northridge all depends on who shows up for practice. Bottom 3 are wildcards.
TC has to travel to West Milton as does Riverside, Lehman and Bethel.
MU travels to East, Covington, and Northridge. I feel that Covington vs Riverside game will be a war if the Buccs can pull it together with the youth and numbers. Thoughts?

Milton at 1. i think 2-5 is a crapshoot- Riverside won’t be as good as last year. Covington and Miami East will be improved. Northridge could go 3-0 or 0-3 against those 3. Bethel at 6. TC and Lehman battle it out for 7-8.

1. MU 7-0
2t Northridge 5-2
2t Riverside 5-2
4 Bethel 4-3
5 Miami East 3-4
6 Covington 2-5
7t TC 1-6
7t Lehman 1-6

I know there are some questionable choices there. I like Cokes at Bethel. And I'm picking against the other 2 brand new coaches until I know more about them. I'm most likely way wrong and I'm OK with that.

1. MU 7-0
2t Northridge 5-2
2t Riverside 5-2
4 Bethel 4-3
5 Miami East 3-4
6 Covington 2-5
7t TC 1-6
7t Lehman 1-6

I know there are some questionable choices there. I like Cokes at Bethel. And I'm picking against the other 2 brand new coaches until I know more about them. I'm most likely way wrong and I'm OK with that.
swap Covington and Bethel and i think that’s perfect. i think it takes Comes more than a year to turn it around at Bethel

New regions are out!
Bethel and Northridge are d4r16
MU and Miami East are d5r20
Covington is d6r24
TC, Lehman, Riverside are d7r28

d4 r16
Clinton-Massie
Fenwick
Eaton
Graham
Roger Bacon
Taft
Wyoming

Bethel
Northridge

Brutal for the Bees and Bears.

d7 r28
Marion Local leaves and goes up to d6!

TC, Lehman, and Riverside catch a break there!
Still have Ft Loramie, Minster, New Bremen and Mechanicsburg of course, but no Flyers!

d5 r20
Versailles drops out of d5 to 6
Taft and Roger Bacon go up to 4.
Coldwater goes up from d6 to d5, but goes the the NW (region 18) instead of SW (r20)
MU has a shot
My way too early top 8 would be MU, Valley View, Brookville, Preble, Greeneview, Waynesville, Mariemont, P-M. (no particular order)

1. MU 7-0
2t Northridge 5-2
2t Riverside 5-2
4 Bethel 4-3
5 Miami East 3-4
6 Covington 2-5
7t TC 1-6
7t Lehman 1-6

wow. ok then.

d4 r16
Clinton-Massie
Fenwick
Eaton
Graham
Roger Bacon
Taft
Wyoming

Bethel
Northridge

Brutal for the Bees and Bears.
Can’t believe I’m seeing Bethel in d4. Wow, imagine that Alter vs Bethel playoff game. ?

Last edited:
Ha I know you will. Maybe its just a hard pill to swalllow for me. But my eyes see some hope
It’s hard to rate TC that low and Bethel that high for me. Covington is probably a stretch, but there is a tradition there and good experience coming back.
At Bethel, I think Cokes might get some Wayne kids and if he does, look out. The existing talent there I don’t see a huge turnaround from ‘21. I think barring any injuries, Milton should walk away with the title. Northridge is a wildcard. You never know who they will get. Riverside still has their QB.