2022 Steubenville Big Red

In all seriousness, why do you post on so many threads, at all hours of the morning, on average 6 times per day for 3 years? Do you have anything better to do with your life than to follow a never been champ, high school football team? I sure hope that your existence is not in vain.
I like the Maple Leaf guy always trashing BR schedule like it matters. The decades of success in the postseason shows the schedule is fine as constructed yearly.

Congratulations to Isaac Hill on being ranked #36 in the state and #4 Tight end in the class of 2024 by Prep red zone Ohio!

Last edited:
Due to injuries last year they will have QB, 5RBs, 5WRs, 2TEs, 4 OL Both CBs, 1Safety, 2LBS, and most of the Dline who saw substantial time throughout the year.

Actual starters 8 on O and 8 on D basically. A bunch aren’t full 2 way players

should be a fantastic year if the injuries stay away.
I’m hearing that there are also a few sophomores to be that have the potential to make an immediate impact. If we go back to D4 we should be able to make a deep playoff run!

Unless it was a 3 year contract, this Mooney game my be the last. The Cards at present can hardly compete against the Big Red with their total enrollment currently under 300. Mooney has dropped Fitch with whom they've had a relationship since 1968. With Ursuline's resurgence maybe they'll be on the Big Red slate again in the future? (Hopefully the "Recruit! Recruit! Recruit" trolls won't try to highjack this discussion.)

I like the Maple Leaf guy always trashing BR schedule like it matters. The decades of success in the postseason shows the schedule is fine as constructed yearly.
Playing in weak Regions helped. But now, in competitive Region, how has playing OOS cans, at home, worked out?

Not sure how Canfield will be, still solid as usual, losing probably their best player in the last 10 years after this season
They won't be anywhere near as good unfortunately, it will be an easy win for Big Red. Canfield was one of the top 2 or 3 teams in their division the past few years, when they play Big Red they will be lucky to be one of the top 10 teams in their region let alone division.

Playing in weak Regions helped. But now, in competitive Region, how has playing OOS cans, at home, worked out?
But shouldn't their "weak" schedule and playoff regions have exposed them and prevented them from winning championships? I'm not trying to start anything. I've no connection to Big Red at all. I just want to understand

Unless it was a 3 year contract, this Mooney game my be the last. The Cards at present can hardly compete against the Big Red with their total enrollment currently under 300. Mooney has dropped Fitch with whom they've had a relationship since 1968. With Ursuline's resurgence maybe they'll be on the Big Red slate again in the future? (Hopefully the "Recruit! Recruit! Recruit" trolls won't try to highjack this discussion.)
What happened to Mooney man

But shouldn't their "weak" schedule and playoff regions have exposed them and prevented them from winning championships? I'm not trying to start anything. I've no connection to Big Red at all. I just want to understand
Don’t fall victim to the Maple City rabbit hole…….he’s just a BR hater with a fetish for the word “can”

Updated 2022 Schefule

8/6 (S) - Girard (H)
8/11 (S) - Canton South (H)
8/19 - Louisville (H)
8/26 - New Philadelphia (A)
9/3 - Archbishop Carroll (H)
9/9 - Obama HS (H)
9/16 - Dover (H)
9/23 - Wheeling Park (A)
9/30 - Linsly (H)
10/7 - Alderdice HS (H)
10/15 - Cardinal Mooney (A)
10/21 - Rock Creek Christian (H)

Updated 2022 Schefule

8/6 (S) - Girard (H)
8/11 (S) - Canton South (H)
8/19 - Louisville (H)
8/26 - New Philadelphia (A)
9/3 - Archbishop Carroll (H)
9/9 - Obama HS (H)
9/16 - Dover (H)
9/23 - Wheeling Park (A)
9/30 - Linsly (H)
10/7 - Alderdice HS (H)
10/15 - Cardinal Mooney (A)
10/21 - Rock Creek Christian (H)
Is Mooney playing their games at mineral
Ridge again?

If this is the Archbishop Carroll from D.C. they have a 5 star DE/WR. 6'5 225. 10.3 in 100m. Nickolas Harbor. That could be interesting to watch.

Weren’t they in 13 at one point before they went to D3?
Yes, in both 2017 and 2018. They were in 15 (or what at the time would’ve been considered 15) from 2013-2016. Over the past 20 years, I’d estimate that they’ve been in the Zanesville/Newark (eastern central) region about 12 of those seasons. The other 8 they’ve spent in the northeast region.

Last edited:
Yes, in both 2017 and 2018. They were in 15 (or what at the time would’ve been considered 15) from 2013-2016. Over the past 20 years, I’d estimate that they’ve been in the Zanesville/Newark (eastern central) region about 12 of those seasons. The other 8 they’ve spent in the northeast region.
I could very easily see a Ursuline/Steubenville game this postseason