2022 St. Edward Football

Not jealousy. Just acknowledging the fact St Eds enjoys a huge competitive advantage over everyone else. To win 5 D1 titles in a decade strongly suggests there's heavy recruiting going on and money changing hands.
Translation. We can’t beat you do we are gonna complain about your unfair advantages
That’s rich coming from the supporter of a team who’s starring qb transferred in. Just Rich

Translation. We can’t beat you do we are gonna complain about your unfair advantages
That’s rich coming from the supporter of a team who’s starring qb transferred in. Just Rich
SHS learned from the best. They learned from St Eds

Wow, ORB getting the best of ya there buddy.
Wow, eaglepride living rent free there buddy.

You were just waiting to use that line since eagle used it on you (and me) except your line makes no sense.
His made sense since I've been owning you since you got banned for the 3rd (maybe 4th) time and re-emerged as John Lee Pettimore.
ORB hasn't gotten the better of anyone.

Try harder next time Chiefy.

Some reason you didn't mention St Ignatius and Moeller? Btw, 5 D1 state titles in 1 decade = recruiting + big money
Translation
We’ll get close and Lose again this year
So we are gonna play recruiting early.
even though our qb transferred in.
And btw. In region 1 and 4 ya gotta play the elder Moes etc every year. Multiple times. So with that sample size as a barometer. Even Squeaking out a victory over Moe and beating Iggys. Ya still have a losing record.

Last edited:
Translation
We’ll get close and Lose again this year
So we are gonna play recruiting early.
even though our qb transferred in.
And btw. In region 1 and 4 ya gotta okay the elder Moes etc every year. Multiple times. So with that sample size as a barometer. Even Squeaking out a victory over Moe and beating Iggys. Ya still have a losing record.
You left out SHS beat both St Ignatius and Moeller last year, which even St Eds couldn't accomplish. And, St Eds was state runner-up once or twice before they started their heavy recruiting operation to then win 5 state championships in a decade right?

You left out SHS beat both St Ignatius and Moeller last year, which even St Eds couldn't accomplish. And, St Eds was state runner-up once or twice before they started their heavy recruiting operation to then win 5 state championships in a decade right?
We get close and lose…elder X Ed’s
SHS will again lose to one of these.., or Moeller. Or Elder…yawn

We get close and lose…elder X Ed’s
SHS will again lose to one of these.., or Moeller. Or Elder…yawn
Check your own history. St. Eds lost in the state title game multiple times before they finally stepped up their recruiting and won one. SHS has accomplished much more in its 14 years of existence than Eds did in the first 14 years of the OHSAA playoffs. Of course, they could do more if they had the big deep pocket boosters and a stranglehold on recruiting on the biggest metropolis in the state. Incidentally, Ignatius and Moeller are winless against SHS.

But why does SHS choke a and can’t win the big one. Check YOUR history. Of losses. In BIG games Inquiring minds want to know

they won’t win 5 titles in the next 50 years. Just sayin

Check your own history. St. Eds lost in the state title game multiple times before they finally stepped up their recruiting and won one. SHS has accomplished much more in its 14 years of existence than Eds did in the first 14 years of the OHSAA playoffs. Of course, they could do more if they had the big deep pocket boosters and a stranglehold on recruiting on the biggest metropolis in the state. Incidentally, Ignatius and Moeller are winless against SHS.
SHS has accomplished more?
Right
No state titles. End of story

and none in sight …….

I'm not directing this response to you personally, I'm just making an observation off your post.

St Ignatius certainly has more money than St Edward, and can afford to award more money to students for tuition, that's a given. But the insinuation that either school has "deep boosters" openly paying tuition for athletes is a nefarious claim. Both schools would be playing Mater Dei or Mission Viejo In California or Buford in Georgia if that was the case. Neither school is in that class.

In St Edward's case, we struggle financially to keep kids (athletes and non-athletes alike) in school, given the high cost of private education.
St Edward is a great experience for young men. It takes a sacrifice to attend St Edward. The kids are special. They believe in "the competence to see and the courage to act" mantra of St Edward.

At St Edward, we're not better than anyone else, but anyone that labels these kids as "hired guns" really doesn't appreciate the sacrifices these kids make to attend St. Edward. I wish the haters would read up on the school before making such devisive statements.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. Just being a 🤡. Jokingly trying to say that maybe St. Ignatius students got a better education and were able to get better jobs. Honestly, I know both schools academically speak for themselves.

Maybe you should tell that to Coach Douglass
Is that the guy responsible for turning the Springfield program around? Keeping the best players from transferring out? Making it an attractive program that brings in talent from other locations? Hmmm. Wonder if that type of blueprint could work elsewhere?

Is that the guy responsible for turning the Springfield program around? Keeping the best players from transferring out? Making it an attractive program that brings in talent from other locations? Hmmm. Wonder if that type of blueprint could work elsewhere?
Maybe St Eds should try that instead of its current business model ...

Eagles’ opponents this season average #6 in their respective states in week four MaxPreps’ state rankings. The high is #1 for Moeller and Cherry Creek (CO). The low is #12 for Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD). Clarkson Football North is excluded, as MaxPreps does not rank Canadian teams.

Eagles’ opponents this season average #6 in their respective states in week four MaxPreps’ state rankings. The high is #1 for Moeller and Cherry Creek (CO). The low is #12 for Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD). Clarkson Football North is excluded, as MaxPreps does not rank Canadian teams.
So how is St. Ed’s doing this year?
I think this response answers the question in a way. It's an uphill climb that we've fortunately not stumbled on the way up. The team is young, so there's a huge learning curve, and not much forgiveness when you play an absolutely brutal schedule.

I think most of us that watch closely are waiting for that game where everything clicks and the team can see what they can do when they play clean, mistake free football for 48 minutes. Will it come? It happened against Medina in the playoffs last year. I don't think we would've beat Springfield if the boys didn't get the confidence from rolling in the Medina game.

The Massillon game is a huge test. Road game, great fan environment, very good team that has come close 2 years in a row, possible upset. All these things work against a team that is trying to figure itself out. I think we will have a better idea of what the St. Ed team can do after Friday night.

See if that link opens. That should be good enough to see what kind of program Coach Douglass runs. It’s from his days at Trotwood; before he arrived at Springfield. I can’t believe RoverBoi is still running his mouth about anything.

See if that link opens. That should be good enough to see what kind of program Coach Douglass runs. It’s from his days at Trotwood; before he arrived at Springfield. I can’t believe RoverBoi is still running his mouth about anything.
It is grossly unfair to point that out
It’s ancient history and

he’s promised a state title to SHS….
Just sayin

Apples and oranges. For awhile only 4 teams made it to the playoffs in the whole state for a division! Then only 4 teams in a region, then 8 teams starting around 2000. If the 8 team format were in place the whole time, Ed's would have had plenty of teams make the playoffs that didn't. For the record, I'm happy that there's another public school state power, especially if Mentor continues to figure it out. I miss the days of Warren Harding and McKinley challenging for states and having a ton of people see them play us or Ignatius in the playoffs.