2022 St. Edward Football

I read Norms review of the game and Sophomore Bradley Eaton had the pick. Fellow sophomore Nate Gregory had a sack last week.

Tough game to prepare for when your opponent has not played a game and showed very little in the scrimmages. The Eagles did get the offense going early in the game which took some pressure off the defense. The D will come around, lot's of talent, but young talent. Games like last night and Toledo CC are helping the D mature. BTW TCC beat Benedictine pretty handily 31-0 (21-0 at half I think). TCC is pretty solid.
On to next week's challenge Cherry Creek, CO who beat Ralston Valley 35-21 FWIW.

Tough game to prepare for when your opponent has not played a game and showed very little in the scrimmages. The Eagles did get the offense going early in the game which took some pressure off the defense. The D will come around, lot's of talent, but young talent. Games like last night and Toledo CC are helping the D mature. BTW TCC beat Benedictine pretty handily 31-0 (21-0 at half I think). TCC is pretty solid.
On to next week's challenge Cherry Creek, CO who beat Ralston Valley 35-21 FWIW.
Do you know the exact time for the game? I have seen 4:00 cherry creek schedule, 7:00 eds schedule and a 8:00?

Eagles are still a work in progress. Bullock proving to be a true dual threat at QB and Bell and Mason providing production at the skilled positions. Offensive line has seen solid competition the last two weeks. They will see their best D-Line this week against the CO squad.

D improving as well. Interested to see why they have moved Kilbane around so much. Inside on downs 1 and 2 must take away from his energy on true passing downs...impacting the pass rush? Slapper is a true player inside. Secondary still progressing. PCC had some opportunities in the 1st half, but could not catch the ball.

Go Eagles!

Eagles are still a work in progress. Bullock proving to be a true dual threat at QB and Bell and Mason providing production at the skilled positions. Offensive line has seen solid competition the last two weeks. They will see their best D-Line this week against the CO squad.

D improving as well. Interested to see why they have moved Kilbane around so much. Inside on downs 1 and 2 must take away from his energy on true passing downs...impacting the pass rush? Slapper is a true player inside. Secondary still progressing. PCC had some opportunities in the 1st half, but could not catch the ball.

Go Eagles!
Starting DT Troy Regovich went out early in game with a leg injury. The Eagles are a little light at DT after Regovich. King and Haas are both around 200lbs. So I think they were trying to get a little more size in the interior by flipping Kilbane and Haas.

Starting DT Troy Regovich went out early in game with a leg injury. The Eagles are a little light at DT after Regovich. King and Haas are both around 200lbs. So I think they were trying to get a little more size in the interior by flipping Kilbane and Haas.
# 36 Antonio Bouldin 6'6 190 DL (2024) is likely the answer, but as a sophomore is still very young and very light. It's hard to project kids at these ages, but Bouldin has real skills.

Sorry, this doesn't have height or weight.

Attachments

• 2022 cherry creek roster.jpg
    2022 cherry creek roster.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 25
# 36 Antonio Bouldin 6'6 190 DL (2024) is likely the answer, but as a sophomore is still very young and very light. It's hard to project kids at these ages, but Bouldin has real skills.
Bouldin is a junior. Made a lot of plays for the JV team last year and I think can contribute in a big way this year too.

Bouldin is a junior. Made a lot of plays for the JV team last year and I think can contribute in a big way this year too.
My mistake. And thanks for pointing that out. I always calculate students from the year they're in and not from the year the graduation occurs. (Thus, a 2022 senior today is actually a 2023 graduate.)

I agree that Bouldin could contribute this year in the right situations. He (obviously) needs some reps, but has the natural talent to be a really good player.

I wonder if Antonio is related to Al Bouldin? Who I played football with at Walsh Jesuit back in the day.

I thought Savion Holman might be the first one off the bench on the interior. He goes about 290 and looked liked a pretty solid player on the interior for the JV's last year while Regovich and Bouldin manned the edges.

Three games where the starters have played the whole game. Great way to start the year unlike past years.
90% of D1 Ohio teams would be 0-3 playing this schedule. Great teams from Toledo, Pittsburgh and Denver. Next week is a great (3-0) team (Elder) from Cincinnati. Massilon, Iggy and Hoban are the only NE Ohio teams on SE schedule. We won't win them all, but our kids play them all. Go Eagles.

90% of D1 Ohio teams would be 0-3 playing this schedule. Great teams from Toledo, Pittsburgh and Denver. Next week is a great (3-0) team (Elder) from Cincinnati. Massilon, Iggy and Hoban are the only NE Ohio teams on SE schedule. We won't win them all, but our kids play them all. Go Eagles.
I have a ton of respect for Elder after seeing what they did in the early 2000’s through now. Having said that and no disrespect to that program, but this may be the best matchup for the eagles this year playing at home.

We can win them all…….

I thought the Eagles showed a lot today by marching down the field at scoring with 1:24 left or whatever it was. Seems like the o-line grows into the game, would love to have the running game make an appearance before the 2nd half! But great win. Defense played well, I feel like the secondary is just mis-timing a couple of things otherwise they would have had 2 int's. The turnovers will come, we stopped their running game cold and got heat on the qb, it took a great throw and catch to give them the lead late in the game.

Eagles get a win against a quality opponent. This could very well be the best O-line and D-line they will play against in 2022. The O missed a few opportunities to break open the game with missed throws to Mason. The D found themselves on the field the 1st half far too long...the roughing the kicker error cost the Eagles 3 points. DB's need to play through the receiver...be as deep as the deepest WR. They tried to jump a few passes, but bad angles and misjudging the ball cost them on the late Cherry Creek TD drive.

Next week they play a 3-0 Elder.

Go Eagles!

Last edited:
Nice win. Confidence builder that shows they can play and win in tight games.
Does Adam Mendoza no longer do the game notes? Looks like the website game notes hasn't been updated since 2019? What's our record vs Elder? Thanks

Does Adam Mendoza no longer do the game notes? Looks like the website game notes hasn't been updated since 2019? What's our record vs Elder? Thanks
I have not seen the game notes updated on any consistency either. Ed’s has taken over the lead over the years.

Last edited:
Patrick Kennedy does the week to week updates with more info than anyone could ever imagine. (Well at least Kennedy sends them out even if Mendoza and others assemble the data.) They are sent out weekly if you're part of the "SEHS Athletic Boosters Group Email" group. Reach out to SEHS and get in touch with Patrick Kennedy and join the boosters. Doesn't cost a lot and you support the students in the process. He has every conceivable stat you'd ever want (updated weekly) as well as rosters and historical info.

You can also check out Norm Weber's excellent blog-spot which has a breakdown of all the contests.

http://sehseaglesfootball.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Where did the eds AD go? Hickman?
Don't know where Hickman ended up, but the new AD is Pete Kahler '02 son of Jim Kahler who is the Executive Director of the Center of Sports Administration (CSA) at Ohio University. Jim is also a St Edward graduate.

Those 90% of teams that would be 0-3 also aren’t getting the BEST kids in the area coming to their school. They get what the community has.