2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Edgewood isn’t dominating the swbl , If I recall Franklin has been playing then really well and beating thrm here n there for several years now and valley view and Bellbrook have been beating them . Edgewood is a great addition no doubt but they won’t come in and run the league . Bellbrook is a program , this was a bad year and they went 8-2 and would give your “dominate” Edgewood all they could handle this year .
the current swbl is as tough as what Edgewood is in now if not tougher . Have some respect ,
Bellbrook is young this year so be ready for the eagles next year 🙏

Really. Brookville lost to Williamsburg in the first round of the playoffs. Preble Shawnee hung 62 on Williamsburg the next week. If you’re going to sit on here and talk about comparative scores how about mentioning all of them. Edgewood also lost to Franklin in 2016. That year in playoffs they stood toe to toe with LaSalle giving them their toughest game of the playoffs. That LaSalle team is way better then any team that has played in the SWBL. Also last year they made it to 3rd round before losing a close game to a very good Piqua team basically fumbling the game away late. Now does it mean Edgewood will dominate the league absolutely not. It also doesn’t mean they’ll struggle in good years either. You can’t always go by who lost to who and who beat who.
A lot to agree with here
It’s all about matchups

I see Bellbrook, Monroe, Valley View, Brookville advancing next week. I see a universe where Waynesville or Eaton advance too.

If Monroe can mentally recover from the last 2 weeks and get healthy I see a universe where they beat Western Brown in rd 2.

I see Bellbrook, Monroe, Valley View, Brookville advancing next week. I see a universe where Waynesville or Eaton advance too.

If Monroe can mentally recover from the last 2 weeks and get healthy I see a universe where they beat Western Brown in rd 2.
They will need Jackson to pull the upset

They will need Jackson to pull the upset
Probably, not sure what his status is. Jyan is an effective fullback and looked good last night after Jackson went out. Monroe’s offense is a lot more diverse than it was earlier in the year. Impressed with how Miles runs the option, decision making and effectiveness as a ball carrier has taken the offense away from the Jackson Left, Jackson Right offense.

I posted on another thread that I favor VV in this game with Benson and Clark being the difference while BB Wing-T tries to play catch up. Glad to see VV kids stepped up considering the past couple of years of coaching uncertainties.
IMO, VV controls Region 20 with a win and a date with a state semi-final. BB, good luck, your Region 12 is not so easy, especially with Badin being there.
bro what? what about milton who literally beat them?

Carlisle vs Valley View will be a blow out. Looks like Waynesville gets to travel to Springfield. Northeastern is stout. Very good QB there.

We beat a very good Reading Team last year and no one gave them a chance. Anything can happen i guess. VV did put 14 points on Carlisle last time out on Special Teams. Maybe it will be close for two quarters and that's it.

Valley View 35
Carlisle 16

We beat a very good Reading Team last year and no one gave them a chance. Anything can happen i guess. VV did put 14 points on Carlisle last time out on Special Teams. Maybe it will be close for two quarters and that's it.

Valley View 35
Carlisle 16
That was a poor reading team they would be 5-5 last year in SWBL. Reading is not ever a strong program I’d compare them to Oakwood sometimes above average but usually just below.

Or does Carlisle put on Cinderellas glass slipper and upset the Spartans in Clogfeltner’s swan song?
Carlisle is not comparable in any phase of the game. I watched the first game this season and I don’t think VV really took them seriously and let them push the front line around and run Fullback dive all the way down the field before VV woke up. It does astonish me how inferior triple option teams granted I know with the double team blocks still don’t get tackled for loss play after play. Maybe VV too nice to turn the dogs loose.

SWBL Playoff Pairings:
DIII:

#5 Bellbrook (8-2) vs. #12 Celina (6-4)
#10 Monroe (6-4) @ #7 Hughes (6-3)

DIV:
#14 Eaton (6-4) @ #3 Fenwick (7-3)

DV:
#1 Valley View (9-1) vs. #16 Carlisle (4-6)
#6 Brookville (9-1) vs. #11 Purcell Marion (6-4)
#14 Waynesville (3-7) @ #3 Northeastern (10-0)

Carlisle is not comparable in any phase of the game. I watched the first game this season and I don’t think VV really took them seriously and let them push the front line around and run Fullback dive all the way down the field before VV woke up. It does astonish me how inferior triple option teams granted I know with the double team blocks still don’t get tackled for loss play after play. Maybe VV too nice to turn the dogs loose.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not disputing the fact VV is far superior. Carlisle has to keep them off the field and manage some long drives to keep themselves from getting destroyed out there.

My Week 11 Predictions:

#5 Bellbrook (8-2) vs. #12 Celina (6-4)
#10 Monroe (6-4) @ #7 Hughes (6-3)
#14 Eaton (6-4) @ #3 Fenwick (7-3)
#1 Valley View (9-1)
vs. #16 Carlisle (4-6)
#6 Brookville (9-1) vs. #11 Purcell Marion (6-4)
#14 Waynesville (3-7) @ #3 Northeastern (10-0)

Any word on the Monroe players that were declared ineligible before the Eaton game? Hope they get a chance to return.

Any word on the Monroe players that were declared ineligible before the Eaton game? Hope they get a chance to return.
Were any of those kids starters? I’m sure their absence had a major effect on the score of the Eaton game. What an unfortunate situation

Valley View is the best team I've watched this year. You are spot on about the first game. VV run defense will stuff the dive this week and will be main focus Im sure. My personal opinion is the Indians offense is all about the dive to set other stuff up to be successful, VV strength is run defense. They are very physical and control the line of scrimmage. Indians better dial something up to keep them close, as VV will be 10/11 in box for sure. VV is and should be favored by a boatload. My hope is Indians can compete and keep it close till 4th, then anything can play out. VV is well coached and their Senior class is pretty solid as well. Ill be interested to see if Carlisle has grown since the first matchup against VV.