2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Carlisle @ Tecumseh, Oakwood and Tri County North. Got to see all these teams this morning. Carlisle and Oakwood were best two there. Carlisle looked pretty good overall. I was worried how the D line and O line would be. There was some miscues but was a nice surprise to see how they competed.

Carlisle V Oakwood- Oakwood has a nice Qb and will be a very nice player for them. Carlisle took advantage of them in the running game when they went down and distance. Carlisle scores on their possession and Oakwood did not.

Carlisle V TCN- TCN is not very good they ran the triple as well. They have some work to do for the upcoming season. Think they had around 20 kids suited up. Carlisle moved the ball quite well against them.

Carlisle V Tecumseh- Tecumseh was biggest team there in the Trenches. Played well on offense but struggled on Defense. Indians moved ball on them as well and scored on their possession on Down and distance.

I know coaches have alot of stuff they put in over the next few weeks and it’s a hard gauge to go off of. Carlisle competed nicely and did some nice things on Defense. They will be competitive this up coming season. On offense they run the triple so as long as the line goes the will move the ball. They scored on every Possession in down and distance vs all three teams. Next up Thursday at Kenton Ridge.

Ex
Carlisle @ Tecumseh, Oakwood and Tri County North. Got to see all these teams this morning. Carlisle and Oakwood were best two there. Carlisle looked pretty good overall. I was worried how the D line and O line would be. There was some miscues but was a nice surprise to see how they competed.

Carlisle V Oakwood- Oakwood has a nice Qb and will be a very nice player for them. Carlisle took advantage of them in the running game when they went down and distance. Carlisle scores on their possession and Oakwood did not.

Carlisle V TCN- TCN is not very good they ran the triple as well. They have some work to do for the upcoming season. Think they had around 20 kids suited up. Carlisle moved the ball quite well against them.

Carlisle V Tecumseh- Tecumseh was biggest team there in the Trenches. Played well on offense but struggled on Defense. Indians moved ball on them as well and scored on their possession on Down and distance.

I know coaches have alot of stuff they put in over the next few weeks and it’s a hard gauge to go off of. Carlisle competed nicely and did some nice things on Defense. They will be competitive this up coming season. On offense they run the triple so as long as the line goes the will move the ball. They scored on every Possession in down and distance vs all three teams. Next up Thursday at Kenton Ridge.
Expecting a good season for the Indians

I tried viewing Eaton's scrimmage vs Carroll today on NFHS, but it was
un-watchable. The camera was constantly panning the field. Barely got to see any plays at all.

I think Monroe will end at D2 sooner than we all think, But that program is headed in the right direction with Mullins, They need points games. Playing those D5 schools don't get many points
Yeah, Region 12 isn't one of those regions where 99% of the teams qualify.

Waynesville traveled to Wilmington for a quad scrimmage with Dayton Ponitz, Cincinnati Northwest, and Wilmington. It was a very tough road for the Spartans against the bigger D3 schools. If there was anything to be "somewhat" optimistic about, it was the run defense- but even that was suspect at times (especially against Wilmington). I'm not sure the Spartans offense got the memo that there was a scrimmage- because they didn't score on any possession (varsity or JV). The sideline was dead, and there seemed to be very little excitement (although there was very little to get excited about). Let's hope a trip to Goshen this week can get things turned around quickly, because the returning state champs (Clinton Massie) are licking their chops counting down the days until they travel to Waynesville in week #1.

I am going to reserve my picks until after the first scrimmage.
1.Monroe
2.Franklin
3.Bellbrook
4.Oakwood
5.Waynesville

Franklins' D looked good and they have Monroe and Bellbrook at home.The Cats have 4 road games,Edgewood,Carlisle,Oakwood and Waynesville,plus Bellbrook lost a lot on both sides of the ball.

I was at the Monroe scrimmage Saturday and I thought they looked solid. They need to improve on D a little, specifically against the pass. Offensively, they were moving the ball at will and had very few negative plays. They had a couple of turnovers early (in the first ten plays) but after that they rolled and had a couple of big plays out of the triple. Looking forward to seeing how they match up against Badin this Friday. I believe they are the measuring stick in Region 12.

I was at the Monroe scrimmage Saturday and I thought they looked solid. They need to improve on D a little, specifically against the pass. Offensively, they were moving the ball at will and had very few negative plays. They had a couple of turnovers early (in the first ten plays) but after that they rolled and had a couple of big plays out of the triple. Looking forward to seeing how they match up against Badin this Friday. I believe they are the measuring stick in Region 12.
More so than Badin?

I believe NOB is referring to Badin being the measuring stick.
Who do you think the best upper classman at Eaton will be, offensively? I honestly think Brayden Deem is a sleeper. He could make some noise this year. Adkins and ORR might get more attention ( they will always make plays) But Brayden has some speed and decent hands at times

Anyone hear anything on Valley View, Little Miami, Fenwick scrimmage tonight? I know it got canceled Saturday and moved to today.

Who do you think the best upper classman at Eaton will be, offensively? I honestly think Brayden Deem is a sleeper. He could make some noise this year. Adkins and ORR might get more attention ( they will always make plays) But Brayden has some speed and decent hands at times
I really do not have any insight on that WOAC. From the video provided above though, it sure looks like Ebright had no issues spreading the rock around the field.

Looks like Valley View well get their swagger back really quick. King should be a great coach. look forward to week 2.

Not looking forward to the season in Carlisle. Something needs to change. Not a lot of talent in the program right now. I know we have an 8th grader that will shine when his time comes. But we have nothing now. No depth or talent. Very frustrating. Another down year for the Indians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking forward to the season in Carlisle. Something needs to change. Not a lot of talent in the program right now. I know we have an 8th grader that will shine when his time comes. But we have nothing now. No depth or talent. Very frustrating. Another down year for the Indians.
That stinks. You better hope the Shawnee peeps don't sink their claws in !!!! family and get him back to Camden where he belongs lol jk

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking forward to the season in Carlisle. Something needs to change. Not a lot of talent in the program right now. I know we have an 8th grader
that will shine when his time comes. But we have nothing now. No depth or talent. Very frustrating. Another down year for the Indians.
Heard nothing but good about Carlisle. I’d wait on your prediction. They might surprise this year.

Not looking forward to the season in Carlisle. Something needs to change. Not a lot of talent in the program right now. I know we have an 8th grader in Kolby Morgenson that will shine when his time comes. But we have nothing now. No depth or talent. Very frustrating. Another down year for the Indians.
Sorry you feel this way, I have to disagree with your statement. I didn’t see you at the scrimmages on Saturday? Where was you at? And yes I know who you are. They have a lot of talent from a skill position and will compete with like wise schools. The Swbl is a tough conference for the small schools of Carlisle and Madison to compete in. The Indians realistically will be 5-5 this year. Odd enough to say Franklin and Monroe are two big schools and Carlisle kept both games last year to a one possession game. If your not happy with the program and direction of team then might want to leave and go back to Shawnee. Taking shots at the team and kids talking about talent is not going to go over well. I’m not a Carlisle grad I moved there and raised my family. But with that being said coach clod has done a really nice job in the amount of time he has been there. Might not like the offense at times but he is instilling more than football in our kids lives.

i actually think Carlisle will be a top 10 team in region 20 this year, and possibly better. the coach tends to overachieve. had a nice playoff upset last year. they competed well last year against some much bigger schools in the SWBL

Sorry you feel this way, I have to disagree with your statement. I didn’t see you at the scrimmages on Saturday? Where was you at? And yes I know who you are. They have a lot of talent from a skill position and will compete with like wise schools. The Swbl is a tough conference for the small schools of Carlisle and Madison to compete in. The Indians realistically will be 5-5 this year. Odd enough to say Franklin and Monroe are two big schools and Carlisle kept both games last year to a one possession game. If your not happy with the program and direction of team then might want to leave and go back to Shawnee. Taking shots at the team and kids talking about talent is not going to go over well. I’m not a Carlisle grad I moved there and raised my family. But with that being said coach clod has done a really nice job in the amount of time he has been there. Might not like the offense at times but he is instilling more than football in our kids lives.
That 8th grader might fit well back at Shawnee. I vote Bring him back. ??

it may not get them into the top 10 in harbins but i still think they’re a top 10 team overall. they have the potential to win 2 playoff games with the right draw
Season hasn’t started everyone has a chance. They did lose a lot from last as far as QB RB and WR but they have a run the ball and grind it out offense so if the play good defense and not turn the ball over they will be in a lot of games. They don’t throw the ball much so probably don’t want to get down early. But that’s my opinion.

Season hasn’t started everyone has a chance. They did lose a lot from last as far as QB RB and WR but they have a run the ball and grind it out offense so if the play good defense and not turn the ball over they will be in a lot of games. They don’t throw the ball much so probably don’t want to get down early. But that’s my opinion.
They did lose a lot and only time will tell if the young guys coming through can fill those spots. Agree with everything you say about offense and their style. That’s Coach Clods approach, if they do go down early it’s a big hill to climb for sure.