2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

No way ! The Middies would dominate that league in every sport, boys and girls.
Have you watched Middletown in any sport in the last 5 years? There isn’t the competitive gap some people think there is. What is the enrollment gap between Edgewood and Middletown? I think on paper it’s crazy but so crazy it could work. They would at least bring something to the league, West Carrollton brings absolutely nothing.

If Winton Woods wasn’t already in the ECC I would say bring them in, much better solution than Mt Healthy. I prefer Trotwood over West Carrollton personally. CM or Wilmington would be good options enrollment wise but they are too far east. Would Fairborn be a fit?

Waynesville isn’t going to leave unless they have some where to go. Just move then into the small school side, move Oakwood up to the big school side.
the SBAAC would be a great fit playing Wilmington, Clinton Massie, East Clinton, Blanchester, Bethel Tate, etc. lots of traditional rivalries. i think Waynesville would rather be identified as a metro Dayton team.

If Winton Woods wasn’t already in the ECC I would say bring them in, much better solution than Mt Healthy. I prefer Trotwood over West Carrollton personally. CM or Wilmington would be good options enrollment wise but they are too far east. Would Fairborn be a fit?
What!? You’re crazy. WW would dominate. Trotwood would be a better fit than WW.

What!? You’re crazy. WW would dominate. Trotwood would be a better fit than WW.
Not an ideal fit from a competition standpoint but location and enrollment would be fit. They are in the ECC and would be stupid to move from there. Harrison would be everything the SWBL is looking for if they weren’t so far away. West Carrollton might work but I’m not a huge fan of it. If Middletown was smaller than it would be a no brainer in my eyes, I think it would be a decent fit now but crossovers become a nightmare.

How close is Middletown to being D2 in football. Is it too crazy to put them in the SWBL as a partner with Talawanda? Geographically they fit better than anyone mentioned. It’s not like this is the Middletown from 2008-2012, competitively they would be a big fish on paper but are they really a big fish anymore in reality?
Middletown is a founding member of the GMC, they are not going anywhere at least not anytime soon. Despite the changes in the community, there is still too much pride in the community to accept that this is no longer your father's Middletown Middies.

Chester, how does Eaton look this year? They were lights out last year. Tough loss to parochial all-star team McNick

Chester, how does Eaton look this year? They were lights out last year. Tough loss to parochial all-star team McNick
Unfortunately, I really do not have any insight on the team this year Bless Em. I know they lost quite a bit of senior leadership on both sides of the ball last year, but they have some key underclassmen returning that were starters last year as well.

Unfortunately, I really do not have any insight on the team this year Bless Em. I know they lost quite a bit of senior leadership on both sides of the ball last year, but they have some key underclassmen returning that were starters last year as well.
I know that the have their top 2 QB's and best running back returning. Sounds like a good place to start !!

7v7 Oakwood / Carlisle

Watched 7 on 7 with Oakwood, Carlisle, Dunbar, and Wilmington. Hard to get a lot of stuff out of these but nice to see football coming quickly. My take on what I seen out of Oakwood and Carlisle.

Oakwood- Like their Qb had a nice ball and good footwork. Should be pretty Good I would think. Obviously 7v7 I think Offense has a huge advantage. Qb will be a solid spot for them this year. WIde outs are good route runners with some nice hands. Oakwood threw it well against Wilmington and Dunbar probably outplayed both teams.

Carlisle- They Run Triple so 7v7 is different for them. My take is Qb had a good arm but slow on feet will be tough for them running the option. Would think they would have a more Athletic kid to run that type of offense. We shall see it was first time out. Couple of skill position kids showed out think they had a very athletic kid with second group with some speed and some good catches. Just think they are young and have to find the right fit for coaches system.

overall 7v7 is tough to gage but nice to see them back out there playing. It’s right around the corner. I believe both teams have a few more 7v7 games but when August hits we will get a good sense in direction of each team. Carlisle is Ground and pound and Oakwood likes to throw it around. Just nice to see both teams out there. I’m sure both teams will grow from this point but saw some positives on both sides.

7v7 Oakwood / Carlisle

Watched 7 on 7 with Oakwood, Carlisle, Dunbar, and Wilmington. Hard to get a lot of stuff out of these but nice to see football coming quickly. My take on what I seen out of Oakwood and Carlisle.

Oakwood- Like their Qb had a nice ball and good footwork. Should be pretty Good I would think. Obviously 7v7 I think Offense has a huge advantage. Qb will be a solid spot for them this year. WIde outs are good route runners with some nice hands. Oakwood threw it well against Wilmington and Dunbar probably outplayed both teams.

Carlisle- They Run Triple so 7v7 is different for them. My take is Qb had a good arm but slow on feet will be tough for them running the option. Would think they would have a more Athletic kid to run that type of offense. We shall see it was first time out. Couple of skill position kids showed out think they had a very athletic kid with second group with some speed and some good catches. Just think they are young and have to find the right fit for coaches system.

overall 7v7 is tough to gage but nice to see them back out there playing. It’s right around the corner. I believe both teams have a few more 7v7 games but when August hits we will get a good sense in direction of each team. Carlisle is Ground and pound and Oakwood likes to throw it around. Just nice to see both teams out there. I’m sure both teams will grow from this point but saw some positives on both sides.
Sounds about par for the course.

Top 2 QB’s? How does that work?
Both got some action last year. One was the primary QB and the other filled in late in the year when the starter went down. The back up was only a Sophomore and once the starter came back, both QB's were used in the offense. The backup would come in and run the football, and ended up being 2nd on the team in rushing yards for the year. It'll be interesting to see what they do this season.

My early prediction for VV this year

1. Sp. Shawnee - (H) Win
2. Milton Union - (H) Lose (close)
3. Hamilton Ross - (A) Win (close)
4. Oakwood - (A) Win
5. Madison - (H) Win
6. Brookville - (A) Win
7. Carlisle - (H) Win
8. Franklin - (A) Win
9. Eaton - (A) Win (close)
10. Bellbrook - (H) Lose

overall I split the MU and Ross games because right now I believe all three teams are very even. VV could absolutely win both but they could absolutely lose both. I think the middle games for VV provide some sneaking good games (Brookville, Carlisle) and some empty the bench type games (no disrespect to Madison) I haven’t heard much about Franklin so I went with the better QB imo, Eaton was another close call for me but I do believe the Eagles lost a lot of seniors from last years team. Bellbrook goes 10-0 and as much as I believe in my Spartans, Bellbrook is dang good.

Just heard from a Madison parent that they are going to struggle to field a team this year. Pay to play $200 per sport hasn't helped.

Add on the fact a lot of people don’t like the coach or the fact the school created a new position for him last year. Madison has plenty of athletes just need to get them on the field.

1. Sp. Shawnee - (H) Win
4. Oakwood - (A) Win
5. Madison - (H) Win
6. Brookville - (A) Win
7. Carlisle - (H) Win
8. Franklin - (A) Win
10. Bellbrook - (H) Lose

overall I split the MU and Ross games because right now I believe all three teams are very even. VV could absolutely win both but they could absolutely lose both. I think the middle games for VV provide some sneaking good games (Brookville, Carlisle) and some empty the bench type games (no disrespect to Madison) I haven’t heard much about Franklin so I went with the better QB imo, Eaton was another close call for me but I do believe the Eagles lost a lot of seniors from last years team. Bellbrook goes 10-0 and as much as I believe in my Spartans, Bellbrook is dang good.
Milton has a lot returning, but to predict that as a loss at Gtown is a stretch. Ross is always very tough. Eaton will be very good, from what I hear.
I think the Spartans finish 8-2, 7-3. MU, Ross, Eaton are toss-ups. Agreed. Week 2 is going to be a great game. Watch out for Carlisle. They ended the year strong.

Funny thing is I don’t believe any Senior on the McNick all star team is playing college football next year at any level. The QB is going to Ohio U. to wrestle but that’s not football.

1. Sp. Shawnee - (H) Win
4. Oakwood - (A) Win
5. Madison - (H) Win
6. Brookville - (A) Win
7. Carlisle - (H) Win
8. Franklin - (A) Win
10. Bellbrook - (H) Lose

Although I agree with your assessment, I think there's far too much pressure on Valley View to feel good about anything that's not 8-2 or better. Everyone in the community has pushed for the coaching staff changes. The changes were made. This senior class had high expectations all the way through high school. You return a lot of talent including a young QB. You add in dropping to DV. It's time for them to start winning and win big. Valley View has a record of 1-7 against Franklin and Bellbrook combined the past 4 seasons. I think anything outside of finishing 8-2 or better, with wins over your rivals, a deep playoff run, should be characterized as a disappointment.

Although I agree with your assessment, I think there's far too much pressure on Valley View to feel good about anything that's not 8-2 or better. Everyone in the community has pushed for the coaching staff changes. The changes were made. This senior class had high expectations all the way through high school. You return a lot of talent including a young QB. You add in dropping to DV. It's time for them to start winning and win big. Valley View has a record of 1-7 against Franklin and Bellbrook combined the past 4 seasons. I think anything outside of finishing 8-2 or better, with wins over your rivals, a deep playoff run, should be characterized as a disappointment.
I agree, especially with a particularly weak Sophomore class.. This is a make or break year for VV. Until the incoming freshman class matures I think this is VVs best chance at a run for a few years.