2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

it’s pretty suprising to me that Valley View isn’t willing to play up in the larger division. they would obviously be very competitive each year, and they seem like a place that is willing to take on that challenge.

You have to remember these divisions are for all sports. VV football is not VV all-sports. The school has to do what's right for all athletes.

Nobody wants to go up. I think they are just looking for a partner for Talawanda so they can go 7 and 7.
Harrison could be the answer for the 7th team. It borders Ross and could be the answer though they might try to op for the ECC. Other possibilities if not Harrison are Northwest which also borders Ross or Mount Healthy though I see Northwest eventually possibly merging with Colerain if enrollment keeps going down in the Northwest Local School District.

Harrison could be the answer for the 7th team. It borders Ross and could be the answer though they might try to op for the ECC. Other possibilities if not Harrison are Northwest which also borders Ross or Mount Healthy though I see Northwest eventually possibly merging with Colerain if enrollment keeps going down in the Northwest Local School District.
no chance any of those teams join. brookville to harrison on a tuesday night? no thanks.

Brookville should be on the way out if they add Harrison. Then again Brookville should be sending out feelers to the TRC anyway
for some reason Brookville seems to be stuck on staying in the SWBL. i get it, there’s history. but they are now the northernmost team (by a good bit) and are now a D5 school. the TRC is a perfect fit for them, i’m not sure why they never got involved.

replacing Brookville with Talawanda actually makes a ton of sense, evens out the divisions at 6

no chance any of those teams join. brookville to harrison on a tuesday night? no thanks.
Brookville to Ross on a Tuesday night is almost as far as Brookville to Harrison. I was only pointing that out if they want an even 7 and 7 split. Brookville to Talawanda isn’t exactly close either. Of course if Brookville left for TRC as mentioned by some here then you could go 6-6 with just Talawanda.

for some reason Brookville seems to be stuck on staying in the SWBL. i get it, there’s history. but they are now the northernmost team (by a good bit) and are now a D5 school. the TRC is a perfect fit for them, i’m not sure why they never got involved.

replacing Brookville with Talawanda actually makes a ton of sense, evens out the divisions at 6
I have spoke with two basketball coaches/educators in the league and they both said Brookville will most likely move up to D2 in basketball in the next few years. They said Brookville's elementary numbers are up. Not sure if is true, but I have no reason to think they just made it up. Can anyone confirm it??

I was also told that the league is looking for two bigger schools, got no names, to make 7 on each side.

it’s pretty suprising to me that Valley View isn’t willing to play up in the larger division. they would obviously be very competitive each year, and they seem like a place that is willing to take on that challenge.
In football yes in other sports no so much

They are going with an unbalanced split? 7 in one and 5 in another? What?
You'd have to think Eaton gets bumped to the East to balance things out...
Yeah would make since if Eaton went that route, was told they want a big school side and small school side. Don’t know what other big school would want to come but I’m sure someone will get added to the East side.

I have spoke with two basketball coaches/educators in the league and they both said Brookville will most likely move up to D2 in basketball in the next few years. They said Brookville's elementary numbers are up. Not sure if is true, but I have no reason to think they just made it up. Can anyone confirm it??

I was also told that the league is looking for two bigger schools, got no names, to make 7 on each side.
For some reason Swbl didn’t want Talawanda. Would have made a lot of sense for them to come to big school Side.

Indians are young, You can see what they lost. But I do know they have played almost full JV schedule since Clodfelter got there. Which helps a lot. I am curious cause they scrimmage Oakwood/Tecumseh again this year

Brookville to Ross on a Tuesday night is almost as far as Brookville to Harrison. I was only pointing that out if they want an even 7 and 7 split. Brookville to Talawanda isn’t exactly close either. Of course if Brookville left for TRC as mentioned by some here then you could go 6-6 with just Talawanda.
AT least it is closer than driving to Waynesville...glass half full

I think Bellbrook to Ross is an overnight trip.

West Carrollton would actually be a good fit for Swbl big school side. They have struggled in the MVL in most sports. Problem would be distance To Ross on a school night.

WC use to go Talawanda back in the MML days. Big side wise you have to go south or west. But Bellbrook is the one that gets left out with distance

Anyone have anything to say about the the upcoming season. It won't be long and we will start 7 on 7's and scrimmages close behind? I do think that the league should be very competitive. Monroe and Bellbrook both have a lot coming back. And Eaton on the other side should be very strong.

Anyone have anything to say about the the upcoming season. It won't be long and we will start 7 on 7's and scrimmages close behind? I do think that the league should be very competitive. Monroe and Bellbrook both have a lot coming back. And Eaton on the other side should be very strong.
Any word on the QB situation at Eaton? Will it be an open competition between Ebright and Atkins, or will they be platooning them again?

Too early to tell right now. There is a lot of unknowns with the league. Im sure it will be very competitive this year. New coaches and graduated players make things interesting. My thoughts from a very early stage how things might shake out:

EAST

Monroe - Brings back probably POY in Jackson. Defense will have to improve to win league but I think they get slight edge. 8-2 / 7-3 (OOC) TALAWANDA, ROSS, WESTERN BROWN

Bellbrook- lost a lot of talent. they always seem to reload will be interesting team this season, might start slow but I expect them to be a contender by end of season. 8-2 / 7-3 (OOC) MIAMISBURG, TECUMSEH, ?

Franklin- new coach/new offense. depends on how they transition to it. most of time it takes a year or two to work it out and see what the pieces look like. They always have some talent will be a wild card i think. 6-4 / 5-5 (OOC) FENWICK, BEAVERCREEK, EDGEWOOD

Waynesville- looking at stats tough to tell with spartans. lose some seniors but bring Qb back. 4-6 / 3-7 (OOC) CLINTON MASSIE, GREENVIEW, BLANCHESTER

Oakwood- losing Wright hurts them. will see how they handle it. 4-6 / 3-7 (OOC) MARIEMONT, NORTHRIDGE, MILTON UNION

WEST

Brookville- returns quite a bit. think it will be between them, eaton and vv. Edge goes to Brookville. 7-3 (OOC) TCN, BETHEL, ?

Eaton- Great season last year lose Martin who was a nice player. hopefully Qb comes back 100%. 7-3 (OOC) ?, SPRING SHAWNEE, TALAWANDA

Valley View- new coach, they have the talent just see how it all shakes out. Henson should have another decent season. 7-3 / 6-4 (OOC) SPRING SHAWNEE, MILTON UNION, ROSS

Carlisle- Lost a lot of seniors. but have a nice group of skill players coming through. worry about O line and Dline. 5-5 / 4-6 (OOC) TWIN V SOUTH, MIAMI EAST, NORTHRIDGE

Madison- not very strong last season was young. we shall see how they fair. 2-8 / 1-9 (OOC) GREENVIEW, FENWICK, TROY CHRISTIAN

The west could be won by any of the top 3 ( Brookville, Eaton, VV). I wouldn't be surprised by any of them. The East is between Monroe and Bellbrook.

Valley View is on their third coach in 3 years. That's tough for those kids.
The View seems to always put together a competitive team and it's rarely an easy time with them. Big OOC schedule. MU is going to be very good, Shawnee is very tough and Ross is a load. I'd see them somewhere in the 7-3 to 5-5 area. Respectable.