2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I was finally able to make it out to see Madison for myself last night. What I saw on the field was night & day from last year. They scrimmaged Northwestern, who is a really bad football team. The Varsity for both teams only played 2 quarters, but Madison rolled them 26-0 in those 2 qtrs.

Did the kid from Franklin take any snaps.?
He did not take any snaps. He wasn’t dressed at all. Don’t think it will work out for him. OHSAA is pretty strict on the transfer rule. From what I’m hearing is he had a disagreement with coaches at Bishop Hartley scrimmage and things went south from there. The young man has some talent just an unfortunate incident for all who is involved. Franklin plays Miamisburg tonight will be interesting to see how they hold up.

Carlisle is going to be really tough this year. 7-3 is a good bet
They have been impressive so far. If they win line of scrimmage they will where you down. Kenton Ridge had two possessions in first half last night. Bet they ran 10/12 plays offensively. Carlisle typical ground and pound and I say they ran 25/30 offensive plays. Kenton ridge couldn’t get off the field. On average if I was guessing Carlisle probably averaged 5/6 yards per run. Backs and line were blocking well.

I was finally able to make it out to see Madison for myself last night. What I saw on the field was night & day from last year. They scrimmaged Northwestern, who is a really bad football team. The Varsity for both teams only played 2 quarters, but Madison rolled them 26-0 in those 2 qtrs.
Their schedule is brutal. They might beat Troy Christian. If they won 3 games id be impressed.

Their schedule is brutal. They might beat Troy Christian. If they won 3 games id be impressed.
Indeed. That schedule of theirs is brutal, and I really don't understand why they continue to schedule such tough OOC games. I learned a lot about them last night talking with some folks. They only have 3 Seniors, but only 1 of them played much last year. Those Fr & So last year that took their tail whippings are now a year older, and much stronger. Someone showed me the PR on strength gains for those kids from last year to this year, and I was completely shocked. Seems like the new coach has won those boys over. I'll be rooting for Madison this year to surprise a lot of teams.

Indeed. That schedule of theirs is brutal, and I really don't understand why they continue to schedule such tough OOC games. I learned a lot about them last night talking with some folks. They only have 3 Seniors, but only 1 of them played much last year. Those Fr & So last year that took their tail whippings are now a year older, and much stronger. Someone showed me the PR on strength gains for those kids from last year to this year, and I was completely shocked. Seems like the new coach has won those boys over. I'll be rooting for Madison this year to surprise a lot of teams.
Thats good news. God knows that school needs some consistency. Hopefully they are WOAC bound, its not if its when.

Thats good news. God knows that school needs some consistency. Hopefully they are WOAC bound, its not if its when.
A BUNCH of folks were talking about the WOAC last night. I hope there's communication happening between the school & the league. I think that would be a really good fit for them & Brookville.

A BUNCH of folks were talking about the WOAC last night. I hope there's communication happening between the school & the league. I think that would be a really good fit for them & Brookville.
It will happen. Brookville will go to TRC. We have said on here before. Madison and New Miami would best additions and create a North/South Division

It will happen. Brookville will go to TRC. We have said on here before. Madison and New Miami would best additions and create a North/South Division
Brookville has been a member of the SWBL since the late 50's. Sure would hate to lose them to another conference, but I would understand the move seeing in which way the conference is expanding.

Brookville has been a member of the SWBL since the late 50's. Sure would hate to lose them to another conference, but I would understand the move seeing in which way the conference is expanding.
None of those small school want Crossovers with Edgewood and Ross ( and probably Talawanda) TRC would be a great fit for them

Milton was a founding member in the 40s and they left. Brookville will eventually leave, the league will be determined when they make that decision. They wait too long and the WOAC might be their only option.

Milton was a founding member in the 40s and they left. Brookville will eventually leave, the league will be determined when they make that decision. They wait too long and the WOAC might be their only option.
Would TRC stop at 10 or 12 teams? That's the question. WOAC can only realistically 2 more to go to 14 (7/7). I think if right teams come along TRC could go to 12

From what I was told by someone who works in the schools, is that Brookville schools are growing. Things will be different in the next 5-10 years for a lot of conferences. We will have to wait and see, but I honestly wouldn't say anything is for sure. Heck, if you told me 10 years ago the SWBL would have made the changes that have happened, no way I would have guessed it.

I personally don’t see the WOAC as ever a option for them. The WOAC doesn’t want Carlisle they wouldn’t turn around and accept Brookville. I believe Brookville only option’s is staying in SWBL or join the TRC I personally think they will stay in the SWBL at least for awhile. But I do think Madison might happen quicker than I thought it would as mention earlier I believe Madison and New Miami will start picking up steam soon.

I personally don’t see the WOAC as ever a option for them. The WOAC doesn’t want Carlisle they wouldn’t turn around and accept Brookville. I believe Brookville only option’s is staying in SWBL or join the TRC I personally think they will stay in the SWBL at least for awhile. But I do think Madison might happen quicker than I thought it would as mention earlier I believe Madison and New Miami will start picking up steam soon.
Is there mutual interest from New Miami?