2022 OHSAA Volleyball State Tournament Pairings

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
2022 OHSAA Volleyball State Tournament Pairings
All games at Irvin J. Nutter Center, Wright State University, Dayton
Designated home team listed first. Pairings include final OHSVCA state rank.
All games live on the NFHS Network.
Brackets and Tournament Coverage: https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tourna...22-OHSAA-Volleyball-State-Tournament-Coverage

Division I
No. 8 Columbus Bishop Watterson (22-6) vs. No. 1 Cincinnati Ursuline Academy (23-3), Fri., 4 p.m.
No. 4 Perrysburg (21-6) vs. No. 2 Rocky River Magnificat (25-2), Fri., 6 p.m.
Division I State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12 at 5 p.m.

Division II
No. 7 Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (18-7) vs. No. 8 Belmont Union Local (27-1), Fri., 12 p.m.
No. 5 Gates Mills Gilmour Academy (20-8) vs. No. 2 Hamilton Badin (27-1), Fri., 2 p.m.
Division II State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12 at 3 p.m.

Division III

No. 1 Mentor Lake Catholic (25-2) vs. No. 3 Versailles (22-6), Thurs., 4 p.m.
No. 4 Coldwater (24-4) vs. No. 7 Byesville Meadowbrook (25-2), Thurs., 6 p.m.
Division III State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12 at 1 p.m.

Division IV
No. 14 Monroeville (23-4) vs. No. 8 Newark Catholic (25-3), Thurs., 12 p.m.
No. 16 Convoy Crestview (20-7) vs. No. 1 New Bremen (26-1), Thurs., 2 p.m.
Division IV State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12 at 11 a.m.

Cincinnati Ursuline vs. Magnificat
NDCL vs. Gilmour Academy
Mentor Lake Catholic vs. Coldwater
Monroeville vs. New Bremen

NDCL vs. Gilmour Academy
Mentor Lake Catholic vs. Coldwater
Monroeville vs. New Bremen
That is the chalk and most likely to occur. I could see Badin possibly upsetting Gilmour as they have lost focus at times and have been susceptible to a couple bad sets in a match.

I will be honest though, Div 3 is where the most interesting action will be. Lake Catholic dropping to Div 3 with a team that competes in a top notch Div 2 conference will potentially be tested by a pair of tough MAC teams with prior titles to their name. I don't think Lake Catholic or Versailles have had a match go beyond 3 sets in the state tourney, that will probably change later this week.

NDCL vs. Gilmour Academy
Mentor Lake Catholic
vs. Coldwater
Newark Catholic vs. New Bremen

"We came in here expecting to roll them over" I guess they never watched the Crash Davis lessons on how to do a cliché filled interview.

If NDCL's setting situation is on they will be a tough out though, their attack is strong and if the refs let the balls fly and eat the whistle when it comes to handling errors I could see them taking the Div 2 title.

After Lake Catholic dropped a close 1st set with a negative % I thought it would be a tough match for them, guess that was a wake up call and they cruised after that not giving up more then 17 in any set they won.

Baden got really lucky to be in the final four. Somehow they got a cakewalk to the Region finals and then got to play Roger Bacon who's #1 player was really sick and only able to play a little bit of front role. Baden had a good season but had a lot of luck in getting to the finals.

After Lake Catholic dropped a close 1st set with a negative % I thought it would be a tough match for them, guess that was a wake up call and they cruised after that not giving up more then 17 in any set they won.
Heard they have a couple girls move in last year . Big surprise…

Baden got really lucky to be in the final four. Somehow they got a cakewalk to the Region finals and then got to play Roger Bacon whose #1 player was really sick and only able to play a little bit of front role. Baden had a good season but had a lot of luck in getting to the finals.
Badin would have been in the finals regardless of the path. Their program has been up and coming the last 5 years. Things don’t start getting interesting in DII until Regionals. RB’s top player hit over 30 sets and only errored on 2 in the match vs Badin.

Badin would have been in the finals regardless of the path. Their program has been up and coming the last 5 years. Things don’t start getting interesting in DII until Regionals. RB’s top player hit over 30 sets and only errored on 2 in the match vs Badin.
Correction : semi finals

We probably have different opinions on who RB's best player.

Heard they have a couple girls move in last year . Big surprise…
Not really, they are not a Gilmour like program drawing from a large area. I believe they have a low competitive balance multiplier and the best player in the state, Carolyn Jurevicius, should have been at Lake Catholic but instead traveled south and ended up helping NDCL to a title. Also their coach is a grad and they tend to keep things in house over there.

Now I will agree with you from the other thread that their students don't represent themselves very well in public situations. Not sure what they did yesterday but they had that Swastika bruhaha with Orange last year and when my daughter played them in a Regional final a few years back their student body stalked on social media various key players and called out personal info during the match that was embarrassing. Adults in the room didn't do much to quell it either.

Not really, they are not a Gilmour like program drawing from a large area. I believe they have a low competitive balance multiplier and the best player in the state, Carolyn Jurevicius, should have been at Lake Catholic but instead traveled south and ended up helping NDCL to a title. Also their coach is a grad and they tend to keep things in house over there.

Now I will agree with you from the other thread that their students don't represent themselves very well in public situations. Not sure what they did yesterday but they had that Swastika bruhaha with Orange last year and when my daughter played them in a Regional final a few years back their student body stalked on social media various key players and called out personal info during the match that was embarrassing. Adults in the room didn't do much to quell it either.
It was cringe worthy really.

Not needed..

Attachments

• 21EDA409-B065-40C8-B013-4077F7BCA214.jpeg
    21EDA409-B065-40C8-B013-4077F7BCA214.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 43
Maybe….. although the sophomore surely didn’t tank either. Point being Badin is deserving of a lot of credit beating RB twice and making it to the semi finals.
She didn't play back row and she definitely was not at 100 percent. Badin has a lot of talent and I suspect they will be in the picture next season as well. RB has to be the clear favorite going into next season, they have the best Setter and Two of the best pin hitters coming back.

If you look at the Region the RB side of the bracket had 9 of the 10 best teams. I don't know if all the division realignment screwed some things up but it seems like there should of been a better balance of the top teams.

And chants of “who’s your daddy?”

classless
OHSSA has to clean some of this stuff up at the volleyball matches. I heard things this season that are much worse than anything I have heard at any basketball or football game. It is also a different sport so certain chants are more noticeable and easier to recognize.

Lol.. but coldwater wasn’t innocent either. They were cheering “Daddy’s Money”

Versailles cheered “our schools free”. Lol

They return all but 1 person on their front line, setter also returns. Lose 2 defensive players. They will be a very tough out once again if they stay in D III.
Setter just committed to play Div I volleyball at Campbell University. Which Division they play in will be dependent on the program's multiplier factor, as I said before Lake Catholic volleyball tends to pull in girls from a small foot print and if this stays the case I would except them to be the chalk again in Div III for 2023. Heck I would have them right there with Gilmour if they move up to Div II.

Last edited: