2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
See they adjusted some heights and weights on the booster club site, don't know how accurate they are but Wright down to 265, Fair at 225 and again, don't know how accurate they are but congratulations to Marcus Moore on getting g down to 300. Don't know if it's exactly 300 but you can see a definite body change for him, probably be a little quicker and have more endurance and definitely better for his health.

#9 Maverick Clark 6'2" 220
#33 Cody Fair 6'1" 225
#34 Dorian Pringle 6'0" 220
#96 Malachi Card 6'2" 215

All Juniors.

You'll also have bond on the edge, listed at 6'4" 245....a lot of beef in the middle of the d line too. We should be tough to run on when this group settles in.

That could be a mistake, I think he's a junior... Also, Brandon Carmen and Peytton Mitchell look like players and Zimmerman grew to around 200 lbs..
So is Clark going to play the "obie" spot? Bond played there last year but he grew pretty big so it seems logical he would play the traditional DE role, or like someone mentioned he may play OL this year.

Any updates on how things are going?
Over now. Or at least I left.

Defense gave up yards and points, offense struggled to move the ball with any consistency. Rotated a lot (more than I would’ve considering the JV had a whole period at the end) and the O line never seemed to get anything going. Counted about 6 offsides by the defense, o line had at least 3 false starts and a few holding penalties.

Trell is still really good though

Over now. Or at least I left.

Defense gave up yards and points, offense struggled to move the ball with any consistency. Rotated a lot (more than I would’ve considering the JV had a whole period at the end) and the O line never seemed to get anything going. Counted about 6 offsides by the defense, o line had at least 3 false starts and a few holding penalties.

Trell is still really good though
Wouldn’t worry too much about it. The feeling in Avon is they have state championship potential and we know Massillon and Moore have a track record that tells us they will be heard from deep in the playoffs.

Wouldn’t worry too much about it. The feeling in Avon is they have state championship potential and we know Massillon and Moore have a track record that tells us they will be heard from deep in the playoffs.
Certainly not time to throw up the white flag but definitely not the performance you’re looking for

Just a scrimmage, but Avon looked real good. Tigers looked flat and were pretty much outplayed throughout the scrimmage. Big linemen on sideline didn't help. Need to get healthy. Lots of work needed. Unnecessary penalties also.

Avon looked to come in prepared
We were still trying to get it together.
We seemed to be pass heavy for the first part.
Once we went to more run oriented we had some success.
Lot of good plays made by variable people.

No Lenix

Penalties

JV seemed to have some fire and a little more aggressive.

Massillon didn't look very good so I won't be expecting a "how important are first scrimmages?" thread.

Avon did appear to be the MUCH better team.

I see the same mistakes/miscues that has hurt us for forever miscommunication in the defensive backfield and penalties being the two that stand out.

Slaughter did tuck and run once and appeared to be ready to another time before the whistle blew early.

Willtrell is a stud.

Lil Hack sat as did Jones, Bond, F Lenix and Fair and Pringle played together sparingly and not much at all totally so I wouldn't get too down on the Tigers.

As I was leaving play was halted for a very long time as a emergency crews worked on a young injured player, they had the board out there, if anyone has an update on his condition please pm me.

Last edited:
First I hope the young man that was carted off from Avon is ok. Never like to see that. Scary moment.

Avon looked like they were in playoff mode and they were very organized and prepared. They will be tough again. I was impressed with them but really not surprised.

Now I know this was a scrimmage and Massillon was without a lot of guys today but my goodness are we still undisciplined. And that’s on Nate Moore. As far as what we did or didn’t do offensively and defensively right now doesn’t matter much as far as you don’t really game plan for these. And yeah we made some plays. But The lack of discipline to me is still the biggest problem and until that gets taken care of we will not get to and win the last game of the year. There’s a lot of talent out there that’s not a question. But I have to say overall I was really disappointed today.

Well said, I agree. There is A LOT to work on....ALOT.

The young man who was injured was from Avon? I couldn't tell, when we were leaving I just saw a ton of orange coaching shirts around him so I figured it was a Tiger. Either way, hope he is ok.

Well said, I agree. There is A LOT to work on....ALOT.

The young man who was injured was from Avon? I couldn't tell, when we were leaving I just saw a ton of orange coaching shirts around him so I figured it was a Tiger. Either way, hope he is ok.
I talked to 2 of Avon's assistant coaches after the game. The word from the hospital was he's awake and has feeling and able to move his feet; it was concluded he has a concussion and is expected to recover quickly. It the players 1st concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.