2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always have the skill and this year will be no exception to say the least. Always comes down to D. Will we have a great D? Not a good D. Good to hear about the LB's and I think we will put together a decent secondary. But will we have a Hoban/WW level d-line?

A
We always have the skill and this year will be no exception to say the least. Always comes down to D. Will we have a great D? Not a good D. Good to hear about the LB's and I think we will put together a decent secondary. But will we have a Hoban/WW level d-line?
As much as I agree with this post, imho the Oline tops everything.

P

Maybe they are focusing on the deeper routes with Slaughter. IMO, his deeper throws need the most work. Many had too much air and were under thrown. However many of those throws were also due to running for his life and throwing off the back foot. How does his footwork look?

I do hope that the hiring of Alex Wood brings some new fresh perspective for the Offense.
That could be true. He’s definitely improved with his feet and hips. Every now and again you will see him dip that back shoulder and that’s when some of his deep balls aren’t as accurate. When he does everything correct with his mechanics he looked really good yesterday. He did a lot of good things yesterday. He will continue to grow and get better. He’s a smart young man with a great work ethic. Let’s not forget he’s only going to be a Sophomore. Last year was a great learning experience for him. He still has a long way to go but I’m very confident in saying his best football is still ahead of him.

"
"...... reporter Weir,
no way that guy covers the Tigers this year, the Tiger coaches can’t stand him."

I thought I read in the Repository years ago that Weir was a McKinley graduate; I could be wrong on this and maybe it had something to do with his covering McKinley football as he does now. Old age can play games with one's memory-lol.

"
"...... reporter Weir,
no way that guy covers the Tigers this year, the Tiger coaches can’t stand him."

I thought I read in the Repository years ago that Weir was a McKinley graduate; I could be wrong on this and maybe it had something to do with his covering McKinley football as he does now. Old age can play games with one's memory-lol.
He graduated from Indian Valley.

Michelle Gatsios-Wolfe

I guess I should have posted this before my last post!! I have decided to retire and will be “officially” done on August 12th. I am so grateful to Al Paris & Josie Rollstin for hiring me 33 years ago when I was a junior in high school. Between Josie & I we have 85 years total in the Ticket Office! Man the stories we’ve had over the years
?
. I am so thankful to have worked with so many awesome people and to have become acquainted with so many season ticket holders over the years. Getting to know them has been the best part of my job and is what I will definitely miss the most! As they say “on to the next chapter”

Last edited:

Michelle Gatsios-Wolfe

I guess I should have posted this before my last post!! I have decided to retire and will be “officially” done on August 12th. I am so grateful to Al Paris & Josie Rollstin for hiring me 33 years ago when I was a junior in high school. Between Josie & I we have 85 years total in the Ticket Office! Man the stories we’ve had over the years
?
. I am so thankful to have worked with so many awesome people and to have become acquainted with so many season ticket holders over the years. Getting to know them has been the best part of my job and is what I will definitely miss the most! As they say “on to the next chapter”
Michelle was so easy to work with and always helpful and patient, gonna miss her. Not too much of a need for that capacity anymore and that's sad.

Michelle was so easy to work with and always helpful and patient, gonna miss her. Not too much of a need for that capacity anymore and that's sad.
She was beyond wonderful as us out of towners relied on her to get us the best seats and was always so nice about it, but you're right with automation jobs like this are going away. But I hope she has many years of great health and enjoys retirement

Ohhh man new season coming. Going to be a rough one! Been a tuff winter. Lost Dad in December! Not sure how football season is going to be for the first time in my life. Strange. He started taking me to games when I was maybe 4. Saturdays will be even harder. Football is the last sport I really pay much attention to and only High School and College level. Look forward to seeing how this team grows as each season with young people is a journey. Thanks for the updates on how the team is doing. I will be reading as I do during the summer. In another month I am sure I will start getting the itch as it will be time to come out of hibernation. As for this team and the discussion of late. Not worried about skilled players. They will be plentiful I have no doubt. Everything starts and ends in the trenches. From there a good secondary in today’s game is critical against the better teams! CB’s that can hold their own and a safety that has a bad attitude make a world of difference.

****** I come in peace!! *****

There's 38 pages here so please don't tell me to scroll back.......who in Region 7 is excepted to be the stiffest competition for Massillon this year? I think Green lost some key pieces right? Hoover? Big Walnut? St Frances De Sales any good these days? Westerville South have anything? Scioto?

I honestly don't see it this year in Region 7 - I think the primary competition isn't going to come until regionals right?

****** I come in peace!! *****

There's 38 pages here so please don't tell me to scroll back.......who in Region 7 is excepted to be the stiffest competition for Massillon this year? I think Green lost some key pieces right? Hoover? Big Walnut? St Frances De Sales any good these days? Westerville South have anything? Scioto?

I honestly don't see it this year in Region 7 - I think the primary competition isn't going to come until regionals right?

Good teams look past no one, but the expectations for Avon, TCC, WW, Hoban, LaSalle etc are to win their region (at least) on an annual basis. I think you can include most Massillon fans too. Any of the teams mentioned could be a tough out come playoffs too early to say.

Good teams look past no one, but the expectations for Avon, TCC, WW, Hoban, LaSalle etc are to win their region (at least) on an annual basis. I think you can include most Massillon fans too. Any of the teams mentioned could be a tough out come playoffs too early to say.
I know I know.....but same reason there is a "way too early" college football poll immediately following the season is the same reason I ask the question.....If you had to lay it out....What teams are left in the D2 regional finals?

R5 Has to be Hoban....and one of the following Hudson, Nordonia, Solon, St V, or Walsh? Maybe Twinsburg, Shaker, Mayfield or Maple Hts?
R6 Avon, Avon Lake, TCC, is Anthony Wayne any good these days?!
R7 Massillon, Big Walnut(?), Dover, Green, Hoover, Scioto(?), Westerville South (?) (I really don't see any of these teams beating Massillon)
R8 LaSalle, WW (do the rest matter?)

I'd have it
R5 Hoban
R6 Winner of Avon/Avon Lake
R7 Massillon
R8 WW

And sign me up for the Hoban/Massillon finals rematch......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.