2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, he's getting terrorized even now from what I hear. Hell, I don't have to hear it. Dumb posts it on Youtube. Never met anyone like that Jim Dandy.
You hear right. What's funny is about a month ago the people living directly to his left had a moving van in front of their house and it was being packed tight....full....about 2 weeks ago I saw a for sale sign in the yard of the guy to his right. Must be a literal living nightmare living next to that goof.

Defense

DE-- M Wright
NT --M Moore w/ A Jones rotating for all 3 DL
DE -- C Bond
Obie -- M Clark
MLB -- Dorian Pringle w/ P Mitchell, N Davenport, R Wells, D, Salvino rotating in all four spots
MLB -- C Fair
OLB -- K Collins
CB -- J Welch
FS - T Hackenbracht w/ R Page, or Z Liebler rotating in
SS -- DeAirre Pringle
CB - L Young or K Wiggens , D Zimmerman, B Toles, M Frazier

It seems like the CB spots are the biggest mystery, there's a couple guys I know nothing about like J Torrence, T Hardin and K Thomas (LB/ DE) that could figure in and maybe M Card, S Robinson, B Pludgure somewhere. And DeAirre Pringle, not sure of his real size, looks like they let him roam a lot and he looks like a LB so he's a wild card but needs to be one the field. Not sure about the other incoming soph's either. High school kids are funny, you never know which one could make the leap, we see it every year and Moore already said there could be some surprises.

Offense
This one is harder because my guess is they change the offense a bit to have Lennix as a hybrid type player.. so I'll take a wild stab at it
QB - Slaughter
RB - Hartson -M Lenix
WB- Lennix ( I'm calling it a wing back so he can be RB#2 or a WR on any given play. Gamble seems like a fit here
WR - A Banks -T Crable might spell him
WR -Liebler maybe T Smith moves out here.. he can run.. A whole host of soph's could come into play here, the ones I have listed as DB's
TE /HB - C Kring ( I'm hoping they actually use a real TE at times, HB really telegraphs where the ball is going) Maybe K Thomas?
LT - E Sirgo
LG - I McElroy (No nothing about him, just know he's got good size but might be off base with him)
C - S Snodgrass
RG - M Mercurio
RT- M Looney

Most of the depth on OL might be filled with soph's and maybe S Voshel
I'm sure M Moore, A Jones will see time as well
Other kids --Vaughan and a couple LB's could spell Harston, like Mitchell and Pringle, we shouldn't be short on RB's this year, just like F Lenix can play CB it just depends key on how they handle possible two way players. I'm all for it here and there in case of key injuries especially late in the season it won't be totally foreign..But I don't feel like it will happen too much. Good new we have a lot of talent and pretty good size at most of the positions. Also not sure if they have M Moore going on offense or defense, he's really good on both sides and I'l hoping A Jones stays healthy.
The L Petaros loss hurts some but at least there's good players to fill in the blanks

Love to hear what you guys think though, maybe you're hearing chatter about certain kids.. That incoming soph class is going to make things interesting I just don't have a great feel for who's ready.

Not a bad lineup dobiean. However, even if Freddie's offensive role is expanded with a healthy (?) Hartson, I still wonder if he'll either start, or get a majority of time at corner. Also think it's gonna be really difficult to keep Mylen Lenix off the field, especially defensively. you also mention McElroy's size, I have yet to see anything listed for hgt. and weight for this young man.

Week 1

Defense:

DL
Moore, Bond, Jones

LB
Fair, Clark, Pringle, Card

CB
Welch and Lenix

Safety
Page and Liebler (Hack is a wildcard if they want to let Lieb focus on WR where we have a greater need but they usually side with experience especially early)

OFFENSE

QB
Slaughter

RB
Hartson

WR
Banks, Collins, Liebler/Welch

OL
Moore, Jones, Looney, Mercurio, Snodgrass

I think most lists would be pretty accurate but there's always those wildcards, this sophomore class could be full of them. It's also easy and tempting to say, "oh, this kid is X foot tall a weighs X lbs, he's gonna be a contributor, but so many times it just doesn't translate over to the gridiron. There's always at least 1 kid who unexpectedly steps up, I always revert back to Jaidan Wise, not many predicted the season that young man would have.

Not a bad lineup dobiean. However, even if Freddie's offensive role is expanded with a healthy (?) Hartson, I still wonder if he'll either start, or get a majority of time at corner. Also think it's gonna be really difficult to keep Mylen Lenix off the field, especially defensively. you also mention McElroy's size, I have yet to see anything listed for hgt. and weight for this young man.
Where would young Lenix play CB? safety? seems like he played LB on freshman team... I'm sure he will play somewhere from what I saw, he looked like a special athlete. Funny the one game I saw was against Iggy and gamble ran for about 800 yds.. I know Lenix has more size but I would imagine Gamble will play a lot too.. We have a lot of talent coming up

Week 1

Defense:

DL
Moore, Bond, Jones

LB
Fair, Clark, Pringle, Card

CB
Welch and Lenix

Safety
Page and Liebler (Hack is a wildcard if they want to let Lieb focus on WR where we have a greater need but they usually side with experience especially early)

OFFENSE

QB
Slaughter

RB
Hartson

WR
Banks, Collins, Liebler/Welch

OL
Moore, Jones, Looney, Mercurio, Snodgrass
Just curious, no Mike Wright? You know I forgot about Collins maybe playing WR.. I know he was OLB last year, but maybe that would open up a spot for the older pringle to play LB which is what he looks like.. Not as thick as his brother but still has some size, or maybe Mitchell. It would be good to have some size at WR.. Last few years its been WR by committee so I would expect the same this year other than banks, there's probably about 5-6 kids that will rotate a couple of the soph's should contribute

Where would young Lenix play CB? safety? seems like he played LB on freshman team... I'm sure he will play somewhere from what I saw, he looked like a special athlete. Funny the one game I saw was against Iggy and gamble ran for about 800 yds.. I know Lenix has more size but I would imagine Gamble will play a lot too.. We have a lot of talent coming up
Mylen would probably be best at RB right now. On defense he would be a Sam linebacker but not sure they’re gonna put Clark on the bench in order to put Lenix on the field.

Just curious, no Mike Wright? You know I forgot about Collins maybe playing WR.. I know he was OLB last year, but maybe that would open up a spot for the older pringle to play LB which is what he looks like.. Not as thick as his brother but still has some size, or maybe Mitchell. It would be good to have some size at WR.. Last few years its been WR by committee so I would expect the same this year other than banks, there's probably about 5-6 kids that will rotate a couple of the soph's should contribute
Wright might not be healthy for week 1 but he will start once he’s ready.

I was just going off a clip of him playing last year.. not sure if it was you tube or hudl..

Deairre’s possible position depends on what his weight actually is. Hudl profile is 25lbs heavier than Twitter profile. If he’s 215 then he’s a linebacker.

Mylen would probably be best at RB right now. On defense he would be a Sam linebacker but not sure they’re gonna put Clark on the bench in order to put Lenix on the field.
I could see Mylen playing some safety this year. I think there are WAY more questions at safety and even a little at corner, (despite returning both starters) then there are at LB.

yeah he played hard last year, moved his feet well for a kid his size especially for his age if he and jones stay healthy that front seven are going to be really great
Too bad we don’t have O linemen and will need Moore and Jones to start on that unit. Jones, Moore, Wright, and Bond would make a formidable front 4 if they could focus solely on one side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.