2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of a very good 2022 sophomore class, that takes away from the possibility of one or two 2022 freshman getting to play. This year's 8th grade class has a couple of outstanding players. IMPO, this year's 7th grade team might have been even better overall than the 8th.

No doubt. And I think McConnell could eventually be a good backup and/or with more scrambling or designed run capability. Potentially. Both are only incoming sophomores and not as physically developed as they will become. Shouldn't need that too much next year anyhow. IF our backs stay healthy for a change.

It'll be interesting to see how much Slaughter progresses from year 1 to 2. He definitely showed some great talent, but it was raw. He's got incredible upside, but he has to continue to progress and refine those skills. Really thought by the end of the year he'd look much more polished than when he took over mid season, he seemed to plateau. Expecting him to take a big step forward this year.

It'll be interesting to see how much Slaughter progresses from year 1 to 2. He definitely showed some great talent, but it was raw. He's got incredible upside, but he has to continue to progress and refine those skills. Really thought by the end of the year he'd look much more polished than when he took over mid season, he seemed to plateau. Expecting him to take a big step forward this year.
I agree. Had some great moments and showed glimpses of what the future could hold but there were definitely games when he was off and that caused the passing game to be really off and made the offense very predictable. If he can be consistent the offense should be very good. I think it will help that he won’t always be getting pulled out of the game like during several games down the stretch last year. Seemed like his best performance was against Fitch when he was pretty much our only available QB so there was no looking over his shoulder and he could just let it rip.

I pretty much did. I believe if he puts in the time and effort he can be better than any qb ever to play here if he stays healthy.
Who's the real young kid? I want to say he might be in the 6th or 7th grade.. I think his first name is Manny? I'll look it up later I watched films of him one night and he looks like he could really be special. I know they were highlight films and I get how that works but he was still impressive..

Status
Not open for further replies.