2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon will be fine, come November. The Moeller game will be tough, though. Iron sharpens iron, of course, so it will ultimately benefit the newer starters and contributors.
I agree they’ll be better later and hopefully healthy. That’s going to be key

Biggest key right now is for the O line to hold up enough next week to keep Slaughter and Hartson healthy
Yeah this team definitely needs to get out of week 1 with everyone healthy. I’d still like to see #45 get some snaps on the O-line. I know it’s tough to have lineman playing both ways but I think he could help. I don’t see it happening and I think we’re going to see who started tonight start next week until the other 2 guys out get back

IF when Bond is healthy he moves into one of the starting OT spots (I’m not sure he’s ever taken reps at OT so a major question mark) I wonder if the combination of Thomas and Davenport can pick up the slack at DE. Bond could obviously still play some defense.

Kendal Thomas was getting a noticeable uptick in reps compared to last week. He’s a long athletic kid who showed some upside.
Agreed I like his potential. He has a nice frame to get bigger too. I think he will get more playing time as the year goes on. Another kid I am starting to see show flashes is #6. Last week he caught a pass down the sideline for a big gain and tonight broke on a ball and picked off a pass.

Last edited:
Agreed I like his potential. He has a nice frame to get bigger too. I think he will get more playing time as the year goes on. Another kid I am starting to see show flashes is #6. Last week he caught a pass down the sideline for a big gain and tonight broke on a pass and picked off a pass.
Yeah Marshall definitely flashed on a few plays so far and could be a kid that plays his way into the lineup more and more

IF when Bond is healthy he moves into one of the starting OT spots (I’m not sure he’s ever taken reps at OT so a major question mark) I wonder if the combination of Thomas and Davenport can pick up the slack at DE. Bond could obviously still play some defense.
I think we will end up seeing some of that happening as the year goes on. I’ll be honest I’m not concerned about Bond playing Tackle at all. Not saying he won’t have some growing pains and he will need some reps but he’s a good athlete at his size and he’s a physical player. Just my opinion though

I liked the offense play scheme but boy oh boy didn't know I was at a tigers scrimmage the line is bad at this point with the right help I think we could be good. Slaughter couldn't get a pass off the ground and well he just had a bad night. Trell Is good but can be great with a better line .let's hope we can put the pieces together before next week.

If you don’t have any concerns that’s fine. My concerns have only been with the O line being ready for Moeller as they haven’t shown that they are ready for that, YET.

I’m pretty sure I’ve been clear that it’s not time to panic or that they can’t improve over the course of the season. My opinion has only been revolving around winning the Moe game. I think some people just put blinders on when they see something they deem as derogatory and interpret it as they see fit.

Also, we are all allowed to have our own opinions. This is America still, correct?
Yea we can have our own opinion that's why I said mine FYI your on a high school football forum people will talk on the topic....

Massillon will be fine, come November. The Moeller game will be tough, though. Iron sharpens iron, of course, so it will ultimately benefit the newer starters and contributors.
I will agree. I am an advocate for teams playing tough schedules so they are much more prepared come playoff time. I really do not like when teams play a cupcake schedule. That is not only not fun , IMHO, but it certainly does not help you to get better and expose your weaknesses to get better. The thing Massillon has going for them is that they are in the region they are a favorite to win. Not that they couldn't win the other regions, (5,6,8), but they avoid Hoban, Avon, TCC, and Winton Woods, and in normal years LaSalle. They would NOT be the favorite in any region but 7. 1 week and HERE WE GO!!!

I know we're probably getting into the situation, where it's hard to fill a schedule, but teams like Moeller need to be scheduled on a long-term contract and later in the season.

NOT early when they have a loaded team and we are talented but inexperienced!

Not that this matters now, but Massillon will be very experienced next year. I was just looking at the roster to see who would be back next year just out of curiosity and A lot of the boys you’ll see this year you will see next year. We will miss a few key seniors but this team is pretty young. With that said, I want to hope this years team will be much stronger later on in the season then they will here at the beginning. Hopefully next Friday night we can find a way to win even without a few key guys

Not that this matters now, but Massillon will be very experienced next year. I was just looking at the roster to see who would be back next year just out of curiosity and A lot of the boys you’ll see this year you will see next year. We will miss a few key seniors but this team is pretty young. With that said, I want to hope this years team will be much stronger later on in the season then they will here at the beginning. Hopefully next Friday night we can find a way to win even without a few key guys
They will be a much better team towards the McK game than what we’ll be seeing next Friday no doubt.

I
I totally agree with this post. I have gone over the roster more than a few times counting how many seniors will be key contributors this season, and the best that I can do is come up with 8-10 names. Obviously the big 4 are Hartson, Lenix, Banks and Moore.

The future is extremely bright for the program!

I

I totally agree with this post. I have gone over the roster more than a few times counting how many seniors will be key contributors this season, and the best that I can do is come up with 8-10 names. Obviously the big 4 are Hartson, Lenix, Banks and Moore.

The future is extremely bright for the program!
I’ve come up with about the same as far as the seniors. And I’ve come up with between 20 to 30 underclassmen that will play valuable varsity playing time this season. I don’t recall another time where we had this many kids that will return the following season. That really blew me away. Like I said not that it matters today but just something I was looking at.

Anyway beat Moeller!!

I would much rather be in the position we are in then having pounded Avon and Buchtel to the point people are talking about winning the title this year. This is an extremely young team with some injuries to key guys right now, get them back and start really getting into a groove around week 7 and lets see how this plays out. TIG !!!

Looks neat

Attachments

• 514F1643-9F0B-4DC4-BAEA-9031DD91E980.png
    514F1643-9F0B-4DC4-BAEA-9031DD91E980.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.