2022 Mahoning Valley Scrimmage Schedule

Jackson-Milton 16
Columbiana 7
It could have been worse. JM had a bad day with "Droppies" and a 50 yard TD reception was returned because of a block 20 yards behind the catch that the refs called. No clip just a block which is a penalty as a safety feature. Both QB's played very well for JM with each playing a quarter. I heard Lowellville beat Leetonia, but don't know anything else than that..
Lowellville won 28-0…

Jackson-Milton 16
Columbiana 7
It could have been worse. JM had a bad day with "Droppies" and a 50 yard TD reception was returned because of a block 20 yards behind the catch that the refs called. No clip just a block which is a penalty as a safety feature. Both QB's played very well for JM with each playing a quarter. I heard Lowellville beat Leetonia, but don't know anything else than that..
Honesty this is kinda surprising, I thought Columbiana would be decent this year. They got a few transfers in from Crestview and Leetonia and didn’t lose a ton besides their QB.

Don't forget Mooney beat Campbell in the tourney last year
Campbell did not make any changes during the game. The Moore kid was not hitting his shots from the perimeter. He should have been moved to the high post. The Weaver kid dribbled directly into the trap time after time. Just a poorly executed game by Campbell really cost them. Mooney was a good team, well coached.

Honesty this is kinda surprising, I thought Columbiana would be decent this year. They got a few transfers in from Crestview and Leetonia and didn’t lose a ton besides their QB.
Honestly I'm not surprised. I remember watching Columbiana youth program about the time these current players were in grade school. They struggled in numbers on their rosters. While others teams in the league, sans Sebring, had decent participation. I know much can change from 6th to 12th grade, but they're not getting the numbers as before. This also why I believe the call for Springfield to take a step back is premature. They were loaded in participation numbers at the same time. I'm not sure about the Crestview transfers, but no disrespect to the young man playing QB from Leetonia-but he will not be a difference maker at that position. Kojancer (Sp) is a better overall athlete

I bet Spaite was beside himself. Columbiana has a couple EP tranfers, as the bleeding continues, along with EP bleeding to Beaver Local.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I remember watching Columbiana youth program about the time these current players were in grade school. They struggled in numbers on their rosters. While others teams in the league, sans Sebring, had decent participation. I know much can change from 6th to 12th grade, but they're not getting the numbers as before. This also why I believe the call for Springfield to take a step back is premature. They were loaded in participation numbers at the same time. I'm not sure about the Crestview transfers, but no disrespect to the young man playing QB from Leetonia-but he will not be a difference maker at that position. Kojancer (Sp) is a better overall athlete
Yeah I knew Columbiana was thin number wise, and really have been since 2019. But with who they brought back plus the transfers I thought they’d be decent, certainly better than JM.

SR skill, even w/o Dominguez, is really good.

But, yeah, if they’re better than WB — and it’s just a scrimmage — then they’re going to be really good again.

Struthers 7
Warren jfk 0

after 2 quarters

Struthers Qb got dinged on the first series and didn’t return, precaution it looked like.

Defense for Struthers was lights out, a lot of tackles for loss, gave up a big pass play but looked really good other then that
Heard it might be an ACL for the QB. Thats what they were checking on the field too. I hate to see that. Don't like live QBs in meaningless scrimmages.

Kennedy's line is a massive work in progress but overall they played well. Remember it was the Eagles first action against another opponent. Gotta get the o line figured out though.

Heard it might be an ACL for the QB. Thats what they were checking on the field too. I hate to see that. Don't like live QBs in meaningless scrimmages.

Kennedy's line is a massive work in progress but overall they played well. Remember it was the Eagles first action against another opponent. Gotta get the o line figured out though.
No he’s fine, tried to come back in and play, helmet to the kneecap, they checked him out though for a long time, when the second quarter started he was doing sprints and side to side movements on the sideline, they didn’t want to risk anything else.

I agree with the Kennedy line, they will need to work, but they should be fine as the season goes on. I think Struthers will be alot
Better then most believe, green and bayuk and bud have done wonders with the line group

Bayuk better hope it’s not his ACL but I’m hearing he was out for precautionary reasons and will be fine.

No he’s fine, tried to come back in and play, helmet to the kneecap, they checked him out though for a long time, when the second quarter started he was doing sprints and side to side movements on the sideline, they didn’t want to risk anything else.

I agree with the Kennedy line, they will need to work, but they should be fine as the season goes on. I think Struthers will be alot
Better then most believe, green and bayuk and bud have done wonders with the line group
Bayuk better hope it’s not his ACL but I’m hearing he was out for precautionary reasons and will be fine.
That's good to hear. Id hate to see a season get wiped out.