2022 Freedom Bowl at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, August 26-27

Redhawk85

2022 Freedom Bowl at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, August 26-27. Five games over two days, Ohio vs. The USA.

Anybody know which Ohio schools are participating in this?

You never know, the Jersey Flyer guy is the booking agent. They might need a team to play Friday and Saturday. Or maybe we'll see the debut of Flyght Academy Prep football.

I guess all they have to do is change their name again and everything will be fine. :)

2022 Freedom Bowl at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, August 26-27. Five games over two days, Ohio vs. The USA.

Anybody know which Ohio schools are participating in this

Would you care to elaborate on this event and give some internet references. I googled this event and found next to nothing about it.

Would you care to elaborate on this event and give some internet references. I googled this event and found next to nothing about it.
I suppose a big announcement will happen as soon as the teams are finalized. They might still be seeking teams to participate.

Cue the usual *****ing on this board about this being held in Canton. Also, the price of tickets/parking/programs/concessions/whatever.
Who gives a rats backside, the river crowd will not be coming, no teams from that area invited.
Low attendance, these events have became has beens.
TV shots of mostly empty stands.

Last edited:
I would love to see any of these games

Mentor vs. Saint Joe's Prep (PA)
Saint Ed's vs. Detriot MLK
Chardon vs. Dematha (Maryland)
Canfield vs. Mount Lebanon (PA)
Kirtland vs. Aliquippa (PA)
Pickerington Central vs. Euless Trinity
Massilon vs. Center Grove (IN)
Marion Local vs. Gibson Southern (IN)
Clinton Massie vs. Boyden Hall-Rock Valley (Iowa)
Coldwater vs. Andale (KS)
Cincinatti Elder vs. Tampa Jesuit (FL)
Cincinatti Xavier vs. Murfreesboro Oakland (TN)
Hoban vs. North Shore (Houston)

there are a lot teams that could play, but a lot of people complained about travel. so I didn't put too many teams.

there are a lot teams that could play, but a lot of people complained about travel. so I didn't put too many teams.
Mentor and St Ignatius play each other in week 2. I think that should be a week 4 or 5 matchup to open us up for stuff like this, but it isn't

Ed's vs. St. Joe's Prep.

Mentor and St Ignatius play each other in week 2. I think that should be a week 4 or 5 matchup to open us up for stuff like this, but it isn't
You’re not going to want to put Mentor in any kind of a show case for the next few years. They are wayyyyyyyyyyy down in talent and are going to struggle to win. Likely more seasons like this past one on the horizon.

You’re not going to want to put Mentor in any kind of a show case for the next few years. They are wayyyyyyyyyyy down in talent and are going to struggle to win. Likely more seasons like this past one on the horizon.
Yes we know you like to troll a lot of programs on here while knowing nothing about them . You don't know anything about Mentor

I'll take any game we can get. For being so down after one bad year, there are sure a lot of programs still avoiding scheduling us...still can't fill week 5 after many programs avoiding us. Had to schedule Clarkson from Canada in week 4 for the same reason after north Allegheny backed out of an agreement

Mentor doesn't shy away from scheduling up. Losing to a better program at times helps you grow. No point in scheduling teams you'll kill. That's what the chicken bleep schools who avoid us do.

This year revolved mostly around injuries btw. If Mentor stays healthy in 2021, they likely go 8-2 or at worst 7-3. Lost to solon by 3 with many backups in, Brunswick by 2 on a miracle hail Mary again with backups and north Allegheny by 4 with a freshman QB making his first start

Last edited:
Mentor will be just fine. They have an excellent program, exemplary in their entire organization, especially in the early years. If more schools followed the Mentor model, we wouldn't be hearing so much whining about how unfair the public/private differential is. Mentor takes on and beats the private schools. For that, they have earned and deserve all the kudos in the world. I'm a fan.

This is a Spire Group event. Heard Massillon Perry and Chardon are 2 Ohio teams playing in this 4 or 5 game Classic. Also St. Francis Maryland and East St. Louis. Others to be rumored are Milton Georgia, Christian Brothers Mo., Clarkson North from Canada and Camden NJ. Maybe a Marque game Friday night with 2 Ohio Powers. Hopefully we will here the official schedule soon.

This is a Spire Group event. Heard Massillon Perry and Chardon are 2 Ohio teams playing in this 4 or 5 game Classic. Also St. Francis Maryland and East St. Louis. Others to be rumored are Milton Georgia, Christian Brothers Mo., Clarkson North from Canada and Camden NJ. Maybe a Marque game Friday night with 2 Ohio Powers. Hopefully we will here the official schedule soon.
What is the "Spire Group"?

Could be one of these. Probably the first one although, these days, one never knows.