2022 Football

Yes I would feel the same way. I'm not a fan for when we move the X and Elder regular season home games to UC. I don't see X and Elder moving their home games against Moeller to UC. UC seats more than X's stadium or The Pit. Every Moeller alum and fan would love for us to have our own stadium and like many have said it's in the works. Until then we play where we can. Not a big deal to Moeller or it's fans we are use to it but visiting fans continue to complain. GBM!

Yes I would feel the same way. I'm not a fan for when we move the X and Elder regular season home games to UC. I don't see X and Elder moving their home games against Moeller to UC. UC seats more than X's stadium or The Pit. Every Moeller alum and fan would love for us to have our own stadium and like many have said it's in the works. Until then we play where we can. Not a big deal to Moeller or it's fans we are use to it but visiting fans continue to complain. GBM!

No, X and Elder don't move Moe game to Nippert. I thought the same thing listening to all the crying about the game being played at Norwood. X fans act like it's not a pain in the rear to get St. X stadium on a Friday night, with traffic and parking hassles.

I actually would like to See Moeller return to Lockland until their stadium becomes reality. There was nothing wrong with them playing there, and it was by far better than Princeton for a year, or Norwood. Apperantly $ was the reason Moe left Lockland. Maybe it's time to go back to the table and try to get back there?
Yes and Yes. Lockland was a great place to play. Like I said great atmosphere when the place was packed. Lockland got greedy and wanted way too much from Moeller to rent the stadium. When Moeller played at Lockland they didn't get concessions. The concessions where run by Lockland. I agree with you TNG that we should go back now and renegotiate because I bet Lockland would love to have Moeller rent 5 times a year and have concessions from 5 games. GBM!

Good post. Maybe this situation will motivate the Moe heavy hitters to move faster. Hope to meet again in two weeks.

I understand how selling the land impacted Moeller. My point is that it happened 50+ years ago. During this time they used fields that were owned by other organizations. I think one of the challenges is that Moeller, given its recent founding (compared to X and Elder) did not have the alumni base or endowment to do some of the capital projects, like a football field. I don't know how much land was sold, but even if they had enough for a stadium and parking getting in and out would have been a nightmare.

I hope their plans for a home field finally come to fruition as a program of their stature certainly deserves a permanent home field
No more or less than what LaSalle has going on with their location. It's a shame Moeller couldn't have bought the stadium at the old College Hall of Fame location but I think it was Lindner that owned the land and supposedly the price of that land was ridiculous and out of reach for Moe. You bring up a great point about X & Elder and endowments. There are some who criticize Moe's President but he's done a great job pullikng alumni back into the school and getting more and more donations.

ONe other issue is that Moeller is an Archdiocesan school. I found out how raising funds can be tricky because of that connection when I was on my parish's school board a couple years. Elder had some old time big donors that wanted to build a sports complex but donating to an Archdiocesan school gets tricky. The Archdiocese always finds a way to get their grubby hands on Parish and School monies. I don't know the specific details but I heard the Elder Alumni formed a separate organization away from the the school and raised funds to build the Sports Complex. It was a way to keep the Archdiocese from stealing some of their development money.

There was an elemntary school in Ripley, OH that had a woman set up a trust to keep the school open after she died. She thought she had it protected but a few years after she passed away the money grubbing Archdiocese found a loophole and grab the money and then closed the school

So Moe is young and is now just starting to build endowments and then they have to deal with the archdoicese so it's not quite as simple as you make it sound.

Last edited:
It is my understanding the ticket allotment each school got pre-ticket sales was fairly minimal. OHSSA doesn't really give home teams that many tickets. I guess we will see Friday night but I expect StX will have more fans based on the intel I have heard. The fact OHSSA didn't even reserve tickets for player's families (Home or Away team) tells the whole story. It was a free for all!

It is pretty crappy for OHSAA not to reserve a set number of tickets for players families (Home or Away team).
If what you say is true why would you be surprised. OHSAA has always found a way to muck things up.

Hey folks- we are playing in November, who gives an F where it is played? Would you have guessed we would be defending regional champs way back in 2020 when we were the bottom feeders of Cincinnati football?! I got my ticket and if I (one of the few females on yappi) can deal with the one restroom situation then you whiners most certainly can! Don’t wanna deal with Shea stadium- go watch it at home on Spectrum or at BW’s.

A win is a win but pulling the starters too early 2 out of the last 3 weeks is nuts at best. Plus I am not a fan of all the jawing. Lets keep moving forward and clean up the mental mistakes. The road gets a lot tougher.

A win is a win but pulling the starters too early 2 out of the last 3 weeks is nuts at best. Plus I am not a fan of all the jawing. Lets keep moving forward and clean up the mental mistakes. The road gets a lot tougher.
Sloppy second half. Way too many stupid penalties. Pulling the starters way too early. Special teams were just bad tonight. Where did #7 come from? GBM 💪 🏈

The freshman QB is good. Saw him play a bit of JV also. I think he may already have some baseball scholarship offers. Very strong arm and showed some good accuracy. Hope he continues to play both sports.

The freshman QB is good. Saw him play a bit of JV also. I think he may already have some baseball scholarship offers. Very strong arm and showed some good accuracy. Hope he continues to play both sports.
He’s damn good. And he should have been the starter the past several weeks. Yes, baseball offers in SEC already. Moe WR actually dropped passes that hit their hands. He played outstanding!

Two weeks out of 3 now we are left wondering what is going on with the decisions on the starters. He’s way too caught up in trying not to run up the score. This game should have been a running clock. Tonight was embarrassing. And yeah add the jawing between coaches at the end to the embarrassment.

He’s damn good. And he should have been the starter the past several weeks. Yes, baseball offers in SEC already. Moe WR actually dropped passes that hit their hands. He played outstanding!

Two weeks out of 3 now we are left wondering what is going on with the decisions on the starters. He’s way too caught up in trying not to run up the score. This game should have been a running clock. Tonight was embarrassing. And yeah add the jawing between coaches at the end to the embarrassment.
Maybe it’s about it being high school football and giving all the kids who put in the hard work a chance to enjoy the playoff environment?!?!
Maybe you should call Coach Elder and meet with him versus whining all the time on here.

Maybe it’s about it being high school football and giving all the kids who put in the hard work a chance to enjoy the playoff environment?!?!
Maybe you should call Coach Elder and meet with him versus whining all the time on here.
Riiiiight! And almost blowing a lead. Having to put starters back in the game to win. You need to watch the game again. And check the comments by others.

I wasn’t unable to attend or watch the game. Could someone inform me how early they were pulling starters? It looked like from the box score stats, that Dunn and Marshall were pulled out after the first quarter based off their touches.

I wasn’t unable to attend or watch the game. Could someone inform me how early they were pulling starters? It looked like from the box score stats, that Dunn and Marshall were pulled out after the first quarter based off their touches.
They were pulled by the second quarter. Dunn played maybe 4 or 5 snaps the rest of the way. He went back in during victory formation when he was under center and took a knee. Marshall did not reenter until the last possession to ice it away. This was a mistake to pull starters so early. I understand wanting to be fresh and avoid injury but the replacements were responsible for multiple false starts, motion, holding penalties and miscues. Moe also substituted liberally on defense. There is no doubt that Moe allowed Mason to creep back into the game. The starting defensive front seven was called on late in the game to slow down the Comets one more time. Special teams also looked out of sync. Lakota West will command more attention to detail. GBM 💪 🏈

They were pulled by the second quarter. Dunn played maybe 4 or 5 snaps the rest of the way. He went back in during victory formation when he was under center and took a knee. Marshall did not reenter until the last possession to ice it away. This was a mistake to pull starters so early. I understand wanting to be fresh and avoid injury but the replacements were responsible for multiple false starts, motion, holding penalties and miscues. Moe also substituted liberally on defense. There is no doubt that Moe allowed Mason to creep back into the game. The starting defensive front seven was called on late in the game to slow down the Comets one more time. Special teams also looked out of sync. Lakota West will command more attention to detail. GBM 💪 🏈

You can put backups in the game in the second half when there is a running clock. Which is where this game was headed had he continued to coach and call plays like the first quarter. Instead it was a Charlie Foxtrot at the end of the game. The bad blood between the coaches added insult to injury in this one. The history may or may not come out, but I will not discuss it.
And for the record, Dunn was pulled for performance after the first series. I believe Ponatoski will be the guy from here forward.

Riiiiight! And almost blowing a lead. Having to put starters back in the game to win. You need to watch the game again. And check the comments by others.
Like I said go to the source. Contact Coach Elder and get the story. Speculating and whining here does nothing.

You can put backups in the game in the second half when there is a running clock. Which is where this game was headed had he continued to coach and call plays like the first quarter. Instead it was a Charlie Foxtrot at the end of the game. The bad blood between the coaches added insult to injury in this one. The history may or may not come out, but I will not discuss it.
And for the record, Dunn was pulled for performance after the first series. I believe Ponatoski will be the guy from here forward.
Oh do tell! I would love to know what caused castners rage fit- it was unbelievable! I agree- Moeller took their foot off the gas waaaayyy too soon.

Like I said go to the source. Contact Coach Elder and get the story. Speculating and whining here does nothing.
“We subbed and I thought that when we subbed they might call off the dogs from trying to score late to make it look prettier than it was," Moeller coach Mark Elder said. "We lightened up too early. We subbed a lot of guys pretty early in the game, probably too early. I've got to make sure we're securing the victory a little better. I've got to do a better job with that stuff."
👆Happy?! Quotes from the interview.

I love the man as a person and coach. Now—let’s get the team ready for Lakota!

Sounds like Mason players/coaches felt like Moeller wasn't exactly humble during the final handshakes and it triggered Castner. Honestly the Mason players had their chance and if you don't like it then don't get beat on the field. Castner has always had a short fuse and I am sure the slightest riff could of set him off. But then again when you aren't used to playing this deep in the playoffs it shows inexperience on his part. Mason should go find a legit coaching staff that can actually compete on a consistent basis. Castner has some of the best facilities in the state, a huge schools district, and struggles to compete on a consistent basis. Yeah he loses a lot of kids to Moeller/StX but so does everyone else including Lakota. Other sports at Mason figure it out, why does their football program get a free pass on not being one of the best in the Region?

Sounds like Mason players/coaches felt like Moeller wasn't exactly humble during the final handshakes and it triggered Castner. Honestly the Mason players had their chance and if you don't like it then don't get beat on the field. Castner has always had a short fuse and I am sure the slightest riff could of set him off. But then again when you aren't used to playing this deep in the playoffs it shows inexperience on his part. Mason should go find a legit coaching staff that can actually compete on a consistent basis. Castner has some of the best facilities in the state, a huge schools district, and struggles to compete on a consistent basis. Yeah he loses a lot of kids to Moeller/StX but so does everyone else including Lakota. Other sports at Mason figure it out, why does their football program get a free pass on not being one of the best in the Region?
AMEN!