2022 Football Opponent Results

1666405768777.png

So Joe Eitel does the entire state, I only do Elder so I am able to look up our out of town scores. I have accounted for all of our defeated opponents. We had a good night and everyone that we need to win won. So Elder should get the 2 seed.

I looks like us 2 so we would play Middletown.

Joe Harbin's 2022 Division 1 Region 4 Officially Unofficial Harbin Rankings
#1 Moeller (9-1) 40.0661
#2 Elder (8-2) 35.5701
#3 Lakota West (10-0) 35.2500
#4 Springboro (7-3) 27.3283
#5 Mason (8-2) 26.5000
#6 Princeton (8-2) 24.4000
#7 Milford (8-2) 23.6000
#8 Fairfield (7-3) 20.0500
#9 St. Xavier (4-6) 12.2500
#10 Western Hills (5-5) 12.2439
#11 West Clermont (5-5) 11.1000
#12 Colerain (4-6) 9.7717
#13 Oak Hills (5-5) 9.6500
#14 Lebanon (4-6) 8.000
#15 Middletown (3-7) 7.000
#16 Hamilton (3-7) 6.9000

Joe Eitel has Elder-West as the only two remaining seeds to determine. http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=4&year=2022

It all comes down to the out-of-state results from Elder's opponents, as all of Lakota West's points are accounted for.

1. Moeller
2./3. Elder/West
4. Springboro
5. Mason
6. Princeton
7. Milford
8. Fairfield
9. St Xavier
10. Western Hills
11. West Clermont
12. Colerain
13. Oak Hills
14. Lebanon
15. Middletown
16. Hamilton

I have CovCath beating Connor 42- 3
Louisville St X beat Pleasant Ridge Park50 to 14
Roncalli beat Shortridge 57-0
Chatard beat Northwestern 47-19

Those are the only games JoeEitel does not have accounted, I do. Elder should be the 2 seed.

Joe Eitel has Elder-West as the only two remaining seeds to determine. http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=4&year=2022

It all comes down to the out-of-state results from Elder's opponents, as all of Lakota West's points are accounted for.

1. Moeller
2./3. Elder/West
4. Springboro
5. Mason
6. Princeton
7. Milford
8. Fairfield
9. St Xavier
10. Western Hills
11. West Clermont
12. Colerain
13. Oak Hills
14. Lebanon
15. Middletown
16. Hamilton
St X/Moeller in round 2
Elder/Milford in round 2

interesting

I feel a little bad for the kids at Lakota East. They were the only team in Region 4 to win a game, but not make the playoffs as they finished #17. However, they beat the #16 seed Hamilton head-to-head earlier in the season. Both the Thunderbirds and Big Blue finished with 3 wins and the same 19.5 Level 1 points. However, Hamilton had 11 more L2 points than Lakota East and a big reason for that is Hamilton beat 5-5 West Clermont in week 1. I guess in a way the 9-game GMC schedule doomed Lakota East.

I feel a little bad for the kids at Lakota East. They were the only team in Region 4 to win a game, but not make the playoffs as they finished #17. However, they beat the #16 seed Hamilton head-to-head earlier in the season. Both the Thunderbirds and Big Blue finished with 3 wins and the same 19.5 Level 1 points. However, Hamilton had 11 more L2 points than Lakota East and a big reason for that is Hamilton beat 5-5 West Clermont in week 1. I guess in a way the 9-game GMC schedule doomed Lakota East.
Having studied the Harbins for as long as I have, Level 2 points seem more valuable than Level 1. But you can't get Level 2 unless you get Level 1. Also OHSAA was lazy again and Region 4 had 19 teams. Regions 2 and 3 had 18 and Region 1 only had 17. OHSAA should have shifted Springboro to Region 2. Then shifted another team from Region 2 to 1 and had an even 18, but OHSAA is too lazy.

Playing a 9 game league schedule will kill anyone's level 2 points. Look at Elder vs West. West had two more wins than Elder, but 10 less Level 2 points. Now that I looked If you go from 1 to 16 teams The Level 2 points are all in order from highest to lowest.

Also OHSAA was lazy again and Region 4 had 19 teams. Regions 2 and 3 had 18 and Region 1 only had 17. OHSAA should have shifted Springboro to Region 2. Then shifted another team from Region 2 to 1 and had an even 18, but OHSAA is too lazy.
I agree that there are two many teams in Region 4, but looking at the map there's no team that makes sense to add to Region 1. One of the other remaining regions needed to be stuck with 19 teams. Though Springboro could have very easily been in Region 2 and one of the other Region 2 teams could have moved to Region 3.

Having studied the Harbins for as long as I have, Level 2 points seem more valuable than Level 1. But you can't get Level 2 unless you get Level 1. Also OHSAA was lazy again and Region 4 had 19 teams. Regions 2 and 3 had 18 and Region 1 only had 17. OHSAA should have shifted Springboro to Region 2. Then shifted another team from Region 2 to 1 and had an even 18, but OHSAA is too lazy.

Playing a 9 game league schedule will kill anyone's level 2 points. Look at Elder vs West. West had two more wins than Elder, but 10 less Level 2 points. Now that I looked If you go from 1 to 16 teams The Level 2 points are all in order from highest to lowest.
How does the GMC not realize this major blunder?

I agree that there are two many teams in Region 4, but looking at the map there's no team that makes sense to add to Region 1. One of the other remaining regions needed to be stuck with 19 teams. Though Springboro could have very easily been in Region 2 and one of the other Region 2 teams could have moved to Region 3.

The problem is the three Toledo schools, Whitmer, Perrysburg, and Findlay. Those three are on island away from any other Region. OHSAA use to have a rule teams in the same county and division had to be in the same Region. They tossed that a few years ago when Middletown was in Region 2. No easy team to move to Region 1. That is the problem.

Week 10
Cov Cath (7-2) def. Conner 42-3
Pickerington Central (7-3) def. Reynoldsburg 42-7
Springboro (7-3) def. Miamisburg 34-24
St Edward (9-1) def. Archbishop Hoban 41-20
St Xavier KY (8-1) def. Pleasure Ridge Park 50-14
St Xavier (4-6) def. Life Christian Academy VA 30-16
Moeller (9-1) def. Detroit King MI 30-14
Roncalli IN (9-1) def. Shortridge IN 57-0
Bishop Chatard (6-4) def. Northwestern IN 47-19
LaSalle (2-8) lost to Elder 31-7

They don't care about Harbins, the AD's just want an easy schedule to schedule.
I am not a Harbin guy so Im sure someone will tell me I am wrong, but years ago the GMC ran the numbers to justify the increased # of league games. It was slightly to their advantage but this was when only 8 teams made the playoffs (before expansion). At the time, Steve Shuck(?) was involved with the GMC and he was partly behind the move.

I am not a Harbin guy so Im sure someone will tell me I am wrong, but years ago the GMC ran the numbers to justify the increased # of league games. It was slightly to their advantage but this was when only 8 teams made the playoffs (before expansion). At the time, Steve Shuck(?) was involved with the GMC and he was partly behind the move.
Back when R4 only took 8 teams and the GMC played a 7-game conference schedule, they would routinely only get 2-3 teams in the Playoffs. Couple reasons for that, with the first being the GWOC teams - Centerville, Lebanon at the time, Northmont and Wayne. The second being the GMC didn't win a lot of their OOC games - think Elder-Oak Hills, Showdown games, etc.

For a few years Division 1 went to only two regions and I think it was around that time the GMC moved to 8 conference games - which gave them a slight bump as more teams had more wins, thus more L2 points. But with two regions, basically everything South and West of Columbus was Region 2, so again more teams to compete with for spots.

Now that there are 16 qualifiers in each Region, it doesn't really matter as they're going to get at least 8, if not 9 or even 10 teams in every year. Even with 8 teams qualifying, they would have put 4 teams in - West, Mason, Princeton and Fairfield.

I don't know about the inner workings of the GMC ,but I do have a grip on the Harbins. If you play only D1 teams and you go 10-0 and beat only 9-1 teams you will have a perfect Harbin score of 65. For all of your opponents to go 9-1 they can't play each other. So for 9 weeks The GMC is only playing with themselves. Elder beat both X and LaSalle. So when X and LaSalle played Elder was only going to get half the available points. Now look at CovCath, they didn't play anyone else on our schedule so we alway got the opportunity to get full points from them. I knew what level 2 points Lakota West was going to get before last night because 9 of their wins came from teams that were going to play each other.