2022 Elder Volleyball

Why the animosity between them?
Neighboring communities for starters. And in my opinion, many (not all), on both sides feel they are better (not just schools) than the other. ? Although my allegiance is with Moe, I grew up in Loveland. Have/had family play sports (including volleyball) at both schools. Last year’s match in the playoffs got chippy. Be curious if fans from either school travel to Elder to watch.

They did play. Sycamore def Loveland 3-1 back in April. These 2 also played each other in the 2021 playoffs with Loveland winning that one. These 2 do not like each other. Should be a good one. BUT, as mentioned, neither are good enough to even take a set from Elder.
Sycamore took a set from them a few weeks ago. I think they are a underrated team walsh is one of the best middles in the state kress is dominant when he’s consistent and pratt is a solid setter if the supporting cast plays good I wouldn’t count them out.

Sycamore took a set from them a few weeks ago. I think they are a underrated team walsh is one of the best middles in the state kress is dominant when he’s consistent and pratt is a solid setter if the supporting cast plays good I wouldn’t count them out.
Yes, Sycamore won a set. But it was with a mixed up Elder group with back-ups playing the majority of the set. Starters were put back in at the end but Sycamore clawed through (to their credit). But I don't think anyone really thinks Sycamore keeps it close. The other 3 sets Sycamore scored 10, 17, and 14.

Yes, Sycamore won a set. But it was with a mixed up Elder group with back-ups playing the majority of the set. Starters were put back in at the end but Sycamore clawed through (to their credit). But I don't think anyone really thinks Sycamore keeps it close. The other 3 sets Sycamore scored 10, 17, and 14.
Yeah, no offense to Sycamore, but I don't think there's much of a chance of them winning unless Walsh and Kress go nuclear. Same with Loveland and their outsides if that's who Elder sees in the Regional finals. The only time I can even see this Elder team going to 4 anytime soon without starters coming out could maybe be Centerville or St. I's. If they go to 5 with anyone, it likely won't be until the state finals.

Neighboring communities for starters. And in my opinion, many (not all), on both sides feel they are better (not just schools) than the other. ? Although my allegiance is with Moe, I grew up in Loveland. Have/had family play sports (including volleyball) at both schools. Last year’s match in the playoffs got chippy. Be curious if fans from either school travel to Elder to watch.
How does a volleyball game get chippy???

How does a volleyball game get chippy???
Gestures, screaming, smack talk, etc. across the net. Doesn’t sound like much, but the refs usually shut that kinda stuff down very quickly just like they would in a high school basketball or football game if they notice it

Gestures, screaming, smack talk, etc. across the net. Doesn’t sound like much, but the refs usually shut that kinda stuff down very quickly just like they would in a high school basketball or football game if they notice it
Exactly. Although it spilled over to the fans as well. A Loveland student was ejected after running his mouth and attempting to distract a Sycamore player during his serves. Apparently he was too close to the court. Ref warned him, he did not listen and out he went.
But that was LAST year during their playoff match. I did not make it to see Loveland v Sycamore play this season.

Exactly. Although it spilled over to the fans as well. A Loveland student was ejected after running his mouth and attempting to distract a Sycamore player during his serves. Apparently he was too close to the court. Ref warned him, he did not listen and out he went.
But that was LAST year during their playoff match. I did not make it to see Loveland v Sycamore play this season.
Wasn't much of a match. Loveland was missing their #1 outside hitter due to COVID. Sycamore ended it 3-0.

Thoughts on the matchup with Sycamore?
Elder wins easily IF they continue to play like they have all year. Side note, does anyone know, will my ticket to Moe v X allow me to watch Elder v Sycamore? Or are they clearing out the gym at Princeton between each match?

The Panthers advance to the State Tournament and will play in the State Quarterfinals on Saturday, June 4th at 11:45am. They'll matchup against the 2nd East Regional Winner, #6 Dublin Jerome who beat #2 Thomas Worthington in 5 sets.

Elder seemed a little disinterested in their match yesterday, still won fairly easily. Going to need to pick up the energy for a state run this coming weekend.

Elder seemed a little disinterested in their match yesterday, still won fairly easily. Going to need to pick up the energy for a state run this coming weekend.
They will. There are some matches where, not saying it’s right or that you should ever underestimate an opponent, you know you’re probably going to be okay and don’t have to go all out. Sycamore’s role players just simply aren’t good enough to handle all that a team like Elder has.

Division 1 State Bracket:

Quarterfinal Matches
Elder vs. Dublin Jerome
Centerville vs. St Ignatius

Olentangy Liberty vs. Moeller
Hudson vs. Beavercreek

Elder's first match likely won't start until after 12:15p as the opening match Moeller-Olentangy Liberty went to 5 sets, with the Crusaders prevailing 25-17, 25-18, 19-25, 9-25, 19-17.