2022 Elder Football

He could’ve been great, if he played behind a line that actually protected him. He deserves credit for getting through last season after the beating he took.
I see Tardy laughing at this. If the Elder archives were still around, I’d bet my life, no QB was sacked more in a season than Hambleton.

I figured Flowers would be primarily at RB? I know he will play safety at times, but you can't go both ways full time with the schedule they are playing.
I think Flowers will be used more sparingly at RB, if Meier is effective.

With the practice jerseys for both scrimmages, it was very difficult to tell who was in with the first group. Even if you knew who was who, the starters could change based on last scrimmage or practice performance. We will see tomorrow who is out there.

It looked to me dline was Huling/Ginn, Freeman, Mckenna/Ginn linebackers Hoernschemeyer, Arnold, Dugan, Voelkerding, the secondary might be a mystery with Gutekunst the only lock at starter. I think all these guys are getting a look at first group for the last 3 secondary spots Moorman, Finley, Morgan, Lyons, Priestle, Summers, Fortkamp, Willenborg pretty much every DB listed on the roster. I thought Moorman and Summers might have been with the first group at CB and not sure on the other safety with Gutekunst.

I think Flowers will be used more sparingly at RB, if Meier is effective.

I think he might get some situation reps at DB, but the fact they held him out of both scrimmages I wouldn't be surprised if they saved him completely for offense to keep him healthy for the season.

According to Massillon fans, no one is beating Moeller this season. They are already crowning Moeller state champs. Elder can call it a season now.

GCL Results
Moeller 49 Massillon Washington 31
Elder 42 Covington Catholic(KY) 21
Lasalle 17 Colerain 13
Lakota West 16 St. Xavier 13

St. X ruins the GCL week 1 sweep. They gave up a touchdown with less than a minute. They then missed a tying 47yd FG attempt with :02 left.

According to Massillon fans, no one is beating Moeller this season. They are already crowning Moeller state champs. Elder can call it a season now.
I think Tiger fans feel better saying that after the loss. Moe was the better team last night, but far from unbeatable.

Seemed like Moe gave up quite a bit of yards and points to Massillon. They've got some studs on offense though - RB Marshall is going to get to pick where he wants to play at the next level and WR Bryant's speed is a problem.

Seemed like Moe gave up quite a bit of yards and points to Massillon. They've got some studs on offense though - RB Marshall is going to get to pick where he wants to play at the next level and WR Bryant's speed is a problem.
That’s why they’re going to need Flowers to play more Safety. Priestle & Moorman played really well but CC’s WRs don’t hold a candle to Moe’s.

Pick Central lead Olentangy by 30 after one quarter. Won 42-0. Get ready for a war
CC is better than Olentangy Liberty, but it is absolutely going to be a battle. However, Elder shouldn’t feel intimidated after going up to PC last yr and pushing them well into the 4th Qtr.

CC is better than Olentangy Liberty, but it is absolutely going to be a battle. However, Elder shouldn’t feel intimidated after going up to PC last yr and pushing them well into the 4th Qtr.
When the last Elder Team to supposedly feel “intimidated” at Home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elder’s Kyle Dressman did a great job for tristate football Friday evening! I’m looking forward to PC at The Pit. What kind of 100 yr ceremonies or events will Elder be having Friday evening?

St X is on ESPN at 1 today
They’ll probably win. The Chicago Catholic League isn’t very good. Remember 10 or so yrs ago when Carmel came to the Pit? They were the best team in the League and got beat by a below avg Elder team. I have no idea why, but Chicago area football as a whole, isn’t that good.

They’ll probably win. The Chicago Catholic League isn’t very good. Remember 10 or so yrs ago when Carmel came to the Pit? They were the best team in the League and got beat by a below avg Elder team. I have no idea why, but Chicago area football as a whole, isn’t that good.
F7054701-9148-4CB2-993A-1FD1AE86C7A6.jpeg

I know the Board Geniuses say travel doesn’t matter for HS athletes. However, it’s pretty clear X was not all there today. I’m willing to bet they’re more close to the team that should’ve beaten West than what they showed today.

Last edited by a moderator:
They drove up on noon the day before lol - you're saying the travel still impacted them 24 hours later? This is beyond stupid.

The other team was just better.